Stadium Improvments

A proper ticket office is a must .

A club our size having portakabins with barbed wire and barred windows is an unsightly disgusting humiliation and a blight on our club .

I’ll never forget taking Australian relatives to a game and their faces when they saw the portakabins and asked me what they were . Never felt shame like it .

Please Rangers do something .

@Greg Marshall do you know if any plans for a real ticket office ?

I think to be fair the barbed wire is to prevent break ins over night as obviously expensive software e c t and possible cash will be kept inside never mind the actual tickets them self.

But yes it’s a matter of building a ticket office into the stadium the superstore would be a good way of doing if it was possible ?

I think to be fair the barbed wire is to prevent break ins over night as obviously expensive software e c t and possible cash will be kept inside never mind the actual tickets them self.

But yes it’s a matter of building a ticket office into the stadium the superstore would be a good way of doing if it was possible ?

The sooner the better bud I know we need to wait Ashley out to get our own shop back but as soon as we do we simply must put the ticket office in there and demolish the portakabins with immediate effect

The wave of depression I feel seeing them walking up to our stadium and the shame it brings on the club is hard to bear .

with regard to the ticket office portacabins, whilst aesthetically not great they are functional and do the job at this time,obviously, i would much prefer to have them moved into somewhere in a much better environment, the portacabin concept though could be used to create some facilities if used to create a food and drink area,they could be 3 or 4 times the size and length of the present ticket office, perhaps running the length of the copland rd stand on the area used for parking, it could even be 2 storeys high, with perhaps downstairs serving basic food for kids and top storey for adults only, a bottle bar would probably be best bet rather than having to maintain pumps and the associated stuff that goes with serving draught beer, a money-making entity for the club and somewhere else for younger fans to go with their fathers and other adults

with regard to the ticket office portacabins, whilst aesthetically not great they are functional and do the job at this time,obviously, i would much prefer to have them moved into somewhere in a much better environment, the portacabin concept though could be used to create some facilities if used to create a food and drink area,they could be 3 or 4 times the size and length of the present ticket office, perhaps running the length of the copland rd stand on the area used for parking, it could even be 2 storeys high, with perhaps downstairs serving basic food for kids and top storey for adults only, a bottle bar would probably be best bet rather than having to maintain pumps and the associated stuff that goes with serving draught beer, a money-making entity for the club and somewhere else for younger fans to go with their fathers and other adults

That sounds bloody awful to be honest .

Two rows of portakabins outside the Copland ?

Dearie me we are wanting rid of the eyesores not more ffs . You want Ibrox looking like a building site for 2022?

That sounds bloody awful to be honest .

Dearie me we are wanting rid of the eyesores not more ffs . You want Ibrox looking like a building site for 2022?
until such time as the site at edmiston house can be fully utilised for all our needs i think we would be foolish to not look at any way to get better facilities at Ibrox, at the moment what we have at the stadium isnt that great,,i do agree that they do not look great at all ,but until we can put in place something more worthy then it may be worth trying something out,some sort of temporary structure could be put in place to tide us over until we have the chance to fund and build a permanent structure that pleases us all

until such time as the site at edmiston house can be fully utilised for all our needs i think we would be foolish to not look at any way to get better facilities at Ibrox, at the moment what we have at the stadium isnt that great,,i do agree that they do not look great at all ,but until we can put in place something more worthy then it may be worth trying something out,some sort of temporary structure could be put in place to tide us over until we have the chance to fund and build a permanent structure that pleases us all

The current eyesore portakabins were meant to be “ temporary “ and we’ve been stuck with the grey, depressing eyesores since the Edmiston house shut .

Categorically no way should we consider more portakabins.

Is a fancy ticket office really needed? I know there was talk of using the megastore for it once it is back under our control but how many people actually use it over the course of a season? Everything is done online normally these days. As a season ticket holder on all schemes, I’m only in it a few times a season, normally to collect Hampden tickets when we are there.

Is a fancy ticket office really needed? I know there was talk of using the megastore for it once it is back under our control but how many people actually use it over the course of a season? Everything is done online normally these days. As a season ticket holder on all schemes, I’m only in it a few times a season, normally to collect Hampden tickets when we are there.
And European finals. Don’t forget the European finals

They already do regular emails (I've received a few). I'm not sure of the cost of radio/tv adverts but perhaps it's prohibitive although I do appreciate you sometimes have to speculate to accumulate. There are adverts on the big screens at Ibrox as well as the match programme so even half of those attending signed up and got one family member to do likewise it could make a big difference.

This article gives a bit about the relaunch of the pools. Incredibly back in the day 1.3 million people played weekly.

https://rangers.co.uk/news/club/sign-up-to-rangers-pools-now/

If you don't already play you can sign up at

https://www.rangerspools.com/

Back in the 70’s when we had 750000 buying a Rangers Pools ticket every week, even tims paid into it. They wouldn’t be many mentally challengeds willing to buy one now.

The sooner the better bud I know we need to wait Ashley out to get our own shop back but as soon as we do we simply must put the ticket office in there and demolish the portakabins with immediate effect

The wave of depression I feel seeing them walking up to our stadium and the shame it brings on the club is hard to bear .

That’s exactly how I feel axelrod and would like to see done.

Just one question where would you put a new outlet for buying our own merchandise particularly on a matchday ?

That’s exactly how I feel axelrod and would like to see done.

Just one question where would you put a new outlet for buying our own merchandise particularly on a matchday ?

I don’t see any reason why the shop, once we get it back from fatso , could not be utilised both as a modern ticket office and a club shop . It’s a decent space .

Hopefully the plan would be a small modern ticket office within the new megastore once we get it back from Ashley .

As you say a huge TO isn’t really required .

I don’t see any reason why the shop, once we get it back from fatso , could not be utilised both as a modern ticket office and a club shop . It’s a decent space .

True true but I am thinking new ticket office for convenience picking up tickets where the mega store is ?

Particularly as many people will use public transport throughout the week like the Copland Rd subway and Paisley Road West end for busses from the city centre and can handle space out doors for ques for bigger matches.

Dearie me we are wanting rid of the eyesores not more ffs . You want Ibrox looking like a building site for 2022?[/QUOTE]

Maybe a new merchandise store could be built their ?

With the ticket office where the current “ super store is “ that would be my solution it’s the best use of space that we own and again it’s convenient for matchdays

Still this is the best store we ever had !!!

(Scroll left or down for images )

Last edited:
Sorry if this thread is already here, couldn't find it.

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything to do with stadium improvements and what is happening with the Rangers Pools money?

Thanks in advance

Who needs stadium improvement cash set aside after days like these !

Sunshine and the sash bash, thought Ibrox looked and sounded magnificent today :p

The white strengthening on top of the club deck needs a right good clean and repaint even the advert for Utilita energy at halftime when the drone films from bottom to top shows it up looks horrendous

In Robertson’s interview on RangersTV he briefly mentions the possibility of bringing Edmiston House back into use for 2022 and what a wonderful facility it would be for fans. No detail other than that as far as I can recall.

Hopefully the plan would be a small modern ticket office within the new megastore once we get it back from Ashley .

As you say a huge TO isn’t really required .

When exactly do we get the megastore back? I've lost track of what's going on with that.

Club paying rates for Edmiston house even when empty. So need to get it back making money not costing.

Need to prioritise in terms of revenue generation.

Reducing the scums ticket allocation is a really good improvement.To give them none at all and cleanse that corner would be perfect.

D6jZuHkW0AIGD2n.jpg

Getting a new pitch.

Couldn't get rid of the celtic skid marks so easier to rip it up and start again.

I can't see how that would financially make sense if it's only busy once every 2 weeks but we do need a museum

The shop would be open every day. As would the cafe/diner. Pub on match days.

For the piece on the interactive element - id just have a series of videos and screens. Not a proper Museum as such.

The shop would be open every day. As would the cafe/diner. Pub on match days.

For the piece on the interactive element - id just have a series of videos and screens. Not a proper Museum as such.

Videos and screen excellent idea a bit like the Churchill museum in London and others where you sit and watch old footage I think this is a master clsss of a idea OP

I thought the whole point of the new hybrid pitch at the training ground was to be an exact replica of the new one at Ibrox?
Said that in an article I’m sure, but the guy whos company is doing the pitch said on Twitter its not a hybrid pitch

This is the new panels we got granted permission for a wee while back. Broomy end is getting done next summer will take about 6-8 weeks. Pitch just got ripped up after the games today so they weren’t messing about.

Is it the whole underside of the roof that is getting replaced? Any idea why they ain't doing it all during close season .....time/finance?

Is it the whole underside of the roof that is getting replaced? Any idea why they ain't doing it all during close season .....time/finance?

No sure mate it was one of the scaffolders that told me at the game, said they were starting on Monday doing the Copland this pre season and Broomloan next summer. Probably time I asked how long and he reckoned about 6-8 weeks.

I thought the whole point of the new hybrid pitch at the training ground was to be an exact replica of the new one at Ibrox?
The hybrid pitch hasn’t been that big a success at the training centre from what posters are saying on here.

Coupled with the fact the mentally challengeds hybrid pitch got a disease this season and was a complete waste of money for them.

The Rangers fan on twitter who’s company is relaying the pitch says it’s just a normal grass one.

The plan initially was to lay down a Hybrid but we’ve obviously had second thoughts.

Why doesn’t the club have a one dimension policy where you can donate one off payments to the 150th anniversary. I’ve said this a few times but you need to market and have Rangers men at the front and let the supporters contribute to a cause that they are confident where their money is going .

Good Rangers family doing the work with the pitch,although i find it strange that the pitch has been really good this season and looked fantastic on Sunday,so if not installing the hybrid pitch what is the point as it's costing us money we don't need to spend because the pitch is in such a good condition this year.

One thing that really needs to be replaced is the horrible blue stuff around the pitch,It's absolutely manky and rips everywhere on it and a total eyesore,replacing it along with our new pitch would look superb.

Think there should also be a special mention for our head groundsman and his staff for the fantastic job they have done this season with all the hard work put in to get it looking as good as it has.

Couple of pictures of the pitch being worked on yesterday
copyright RangersHistory and Stewart G Mcneish (Allgrass turf care)

2la5t9e.jpg

2qjhmxu.jpg

178gnd.jpg

6o1p5k.jpg

30u37ll.jpg

One thing that really needs to be replaced is the horrible blue stuff around the pitch,It's absolutely manky and rips everywhere on it and a total eyesore,replacing it along with our new pitch would look superb.

Agree with this. I have seen other stadiums have “branded” AstroTurf along their pitch / running track I.e. west ham have claret with their logo, Leicester have blue. I would like to see this as have noticed it a good few times have grubby it can get.

Would also like to see the advertising boards that are behind the electronic advertising boards (along the wall segregating the seating from the pitch) to be removed and just to be painted blue.
Whilst I appreciate we can’t afford to lose advertising money, by removing them surely enhances the value of the electronic advertising and would incentivize these companies to have more exposure by going onto the electronic boards.
We had these covered up for European games and I recall had them covered in blue for one of the Parma CL qualification games and Ibrox looked magnificent.

Back