Stadium Improvments

2qjhmxu.jpg

178gnd.jpg

6o1p5k.jpg

Good to see them using new holland tractors and not John deere. :)):))

Would also like to see the advertising boards that are behind the electronic advertising boards (along the wall segregating the seating from the pitch) to be removed and just to be painted blue.
Whilst I appreciate we can’t afford to lose advertising money, by removing them surely enhances the value of the electronic advertising and would incentivize these companies to have more exposure by going onto the electronic boards.
We had these covered up for European games and I recall had them covered in blue for one of the Parma CL qualification games and Ibrox looked magnificent.

Any pics ?

Agree with this. I have seen other stadiums have “branded” AstroTurf along their pitch / running track I.e. west ham have claret with their logo, Leicester have blue. I would like to see this as have noticed it a good few times have grubby it can get.

Yes I reckon that the club groundsmen will have suggested this to the board we might find this will be done with the new pitch changes once it’s laid?

We really need to get back a weekly / monthly paper Rangers news magazine with updates with what’s going on, would certainly stop us all speculating for starters always easier.

Yes I reckon that the club groundsmen will have suggested this to the board we might find this will be done with the new pitch changes once it’s laid?

Hopefully it will be done-it looks grubby everytime I see it and don’t actually ever remember it being replaced since it was initially laid.

The thing about any development it doesn’t have to cost the club much if you get the right partner involved. The joys of say a hotel you could get what ever chain of hotels to build it on the ground we own and take a fee from it. The deal could include that partner to provide a megastore on the footprint of the hotel as an example.

I just get the feeling the club are keeping their powder dry at the moment and we are going to very surprised at how good the development will be. King mentioned a while back about 150 year anniversary of the club. I wonder if he wants to leave a real lasting legacy

I have it on good authority that we have recently spent 275k on the training centre and signed contract for 500k on "Main Stand Refurbishment" as Rangers have called it.

Thats a fair bit of money spent considering our midfield 3 on Sunday cost 50k :cool:

Further to my above original post, I can confirm that "Main Stand Refurbishment" contract covers changing the "Warm Up Area" to a "Players & Wives Lounge", a bigger managers office and shower room. Surely not top priority for a half a million quid...Given the other works going on around the stadium we must be spending a bloody fortune.

Further to my above original post, I can confirm that "Main Stand Refurbishment" contract covers changing the "Warm Up Area" to a "Players & Wives Lounge", a bigger managers office and shower room. Surely not top priority for a half a million quid...Given the other works going on around the stadium we must be spending a bloody fortune.
Ibrox being brought back to its rightful highest standards. Absolutely money well spent

Your good authority info has been known for months and posted many times about it on here.

The changes are mainly to allow the players to eat together and relax before games in privacy,kitchen is also being built.

There was talk that although a part of the traditional stadium Gerrard and Allen were not happy with the changing rooms. They would prefer premiership type changing rooms with proper lockers for the players stuff, comfy seating, better showering facilities and physio rooms.

There are parts of the inner workings of Ibrox you would hate to lose due to historical value but perhaps that type of modernity is required. Maybe if there was to be a museum the old changing rooms could be recreated

There was talk that although a part of the traditional stadium Gerrard and Allen were not happy with the changing rooms. They would prefer premiership type changing rooms with proper lockers for the players stuff, comfy seating, better showering facilities and physio rooms.

There are parts of the inner workings of Ibrox you would hate to lose due to historical value but perhaps that type of modernity is required. Maybe if there was to be a museum the old changing rooms could be recreated
Having taken part in a charity game at Ibrox and used the home changing room, I can’t describe the feeling I got being in there, the history behind it

Would hate for it to change to be honest

Having taken part in a charity game at Ibrox and used the home changing room, I can’t describe the feeling I got being in there, the history behind it

Would hate for it to change to be honest
I love the changing room also purely from a historical sense and because it's part of the fabric of the stadium,but sometimes you have to move with the times,a dressing room doesn't need to be fancy and in my opinion no more than a vanity project.

Players aren't going to come to Ibrox and have a look around and then say they're not signing because we have a crap dressing room,the problem with a lot of visitors to Ibrox including perhaps other teams who have had a look around and people who have never been,would probably look at our dressing room and wonder why it isn't like other football clubs dressing rooms and ignorant to the fact of the history as to why it's never changed.

If you had a classic car you wouldn't modernise it by throwing on spoilers and huge wheels and the reason why any changes would have to be supple ones,but sometimes change is good if it's done correctly.

I'm also not sure how things work in regards to the main stand being a listed building if that also affects any changes to the interior dressing room given it's history,although as other work is ongoing i don't forsee there would be any problem getting planning permission.

I loved the old enclosure,main stand and the dusty terraces and it just didn't sit right with me when the stadium was totally changed and took me a while to get used to it,that's just an older generation thing,but now i'd happily see anything that would improve match day and perhaps more modern for the players by way of maybe improving the changing room.

But,some things just cannot be changed or indeed touched as they are things that are untouchable and something that our future generations should also be able to see,It's an absolutely amazing place when you walk through those front doors and the history and beauty of the main stand interior brings out all your emotions,there is no stadium in world football that has such beauty.

I'd be disgusted if they changed the changing rooms

Does anyone have floor plans of the internals of Ibrox - be fascinated to really see whats in there.

I'd be disgusted if they changed the changing rooms

You wouldn’t be if done in the right manner , retaining the tradition but adding more space , facilities and lockers for players .

Gerrard is right it’s something that really is required - sports have moved on and the founding fathers would approve as I say if done retaining the look and feel .

Seems a bizarre choice. Surely a Warm Up area is more vital than somewhere for WAGS to hang about?

A bigger managers office despite it hardly being used?

The changing room does need modernised in my opinion. I get that there is a history there that people dont want to lose. But would we rather move our club along with the times and create more history rather than keep basking in former glories??

As people have said above, if done properly the changing rooms could be a thing of beauty. By using the right materials or even using some of the material already in there and refurbing it then we could even retain some of that historic appearance while modernising the place.

I'm all for allowing Gerrard and Allen to implement their ideas as they have been around two of the biggest clubs in World football and seen first hand the facilities that the modern player appreciates or rather, expects.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the electronic scoreboards in the Copland and Broomloan were being replaced at that time?

They looked the same to me on Sunday with the same wee annoying red light beside our name on the Copland one. At first glance it usually looks like we've had a man sent off. Only this time the wee red light was joined by yellow and green lights in a traffic light sequence!

That does my head in!

The new scoreboards score highly in the 'looking exactly the same as the old ones but with annoying wee lights on them' department.

The changing room does need modernised in my opinion. I get that there is a history there that people dont want to lose. But would we rather move our club along with the times and create more history rather than keep basking in former glories??

As people have said above, if done properly the changing rooms could be a thing of beauty. By using the right materials or even using some of the material already in there and refurbing it then we could even retain some of that historic appearance while modernising the place.

I'm all for allowing Gerrard and Allen to implement their ideas as they have been around two of the biggest clubs in World football and seen first hand the facilities that the modern player appreciates or rather, expects.

Sorry to share from The Daily Record but the dressing rooms look very empty and dated from pictures (and yes, thank god those Warburton mottos have been taken down)

Sadly the wallpaper colour is now white, get it back to royal blue now Rangers painter!!!

TV and sterio from the 90's sitting on a shelf

Could at least modernise the lights, the changing room floor,

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/send-fans-home-happy-rangers-6494309

Sorry to share from The Daily Record but the dressing rooms look very empty and dated from pictures (and yes, thank god those Warburton mottos have been taken down)

Sadly the wallpaper colour is now white, get it back to royal blue now Rangers painter!!!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/send-fans-home-happy-rangers-6494309

Those Warburton mottos just made the place look cheap and tacky not to mention embarrassing also.

Rangers are looking at the possibility of opening Edmiston House to supporters as part of the club’s 150th anniversary in 2022.
The facility, in the grounds of Ibrox Stadium, would be used as a facility for supporters. Anything that came of modernising and updating the building could help enhance the matchday experience for fans.And managing director Stewart Robertson clearly feels the 150th anniversary celebrations are the best time to launch any plans.“With the club’s 150th anniversary coming up in 2022 there are a couple of feasibility projects going on at the moment in terms of bringing Edmiston House back into use, which would be a great facility for the supporters,” Robertson told Rangers TV.

“There are other areas around the stadium as well which, as we progress that work, we will announce it in due course. But I’m quite excited with the plans that are coming together.”

Rangers are looking at the possibility of opening Edmiston House to supporters as part of the club’s 150th anniversary in 2022.
The facility, in the grounds of Ibrox Stadium, would be used as a facility for supporters. Anything that came of modernising and updating the building could help enhance the matchday experience for fans.And managing director Stewart Robertson clearly feels the 150th anniversary celebrations are the best time to launch any plans.“With the club’s 150th anniversary coming up in 2022 there are a couple of feasibility projects going on at the moment in terms of bringing Edmiston House back into use, which would be a great facility for the supporters,” Robertson told Rangers TV.

“There are other areas around the stadium as well which, as we progress that work, we will announce it in due course. But I’m quite excited with the plans that are coming together.”
Forr me edminston house isca eye sore a 70s relic.. should be demolished and replaced in my humble opinion with a garden to remember the disaster in 71...
We could if allowed have a stunning walkway walking up to Ibrox from the copland rd the tacky scarf sellers and badge sellers do MY head in.. . The area behind the govan stand needs some TLC ALSO

As much as the dressing rooms are iconic as full of history they really do need modernised....the suspended ceiling/lighting looks terrible. At the end of the day it oak panelling and cast iron hooks remove it carefully and re purpose it into new modern individual lockers. The shirt 90s tech need ripped out and replaced with new modern smart boards..

Forr me edminston house isca eye sore a 70s relic.. should be demolished and replaced in my humble opinion with a garden to remember the disaster in 71...
We could if allowed have a stunning walkway walking up to Ibrox from the copland rd the tacky scarf sellers and badge sellers do MY head in.. . The area behind the govan stand needs some TLC ALSO

As part of 2022 project Edmiston Dr should be pedestrianised and the entire surround of the stadium paved, trees/plants seating and lighting put in. Also the area behind the broomie where the bins,skips and TV wagons sit needs moved. Edmiston house demolished and a purpose built shop,ticket office and cafe bar built.

Does anyone have floor plans of the internals of Ibrox - be fascinated to really see whats in there.[/QUOTE

Tough shout getting hold of them mainly for security reasons I would imagine with bags on match days e c t ,

But a 3D tour could be kool of all the corridors

As part of 2022 project Edmiston Dr should be pedestrianised and the entire surround of the stadium paved, trees/plants seating and lighting put in. Also the area behind the broomie where the bins,skips and TV wagons sit needs moved. Edmiston house demolished and a purpose built shop,ticket office and cafe bar built.

As much as the dressing rooms are iconic as full of history they really do need modernised....the suspended ceiling/lighting looks terrible. At the end of the day it oak panelling and cast iron hooks remove it carefully and re purpose it into new modern individual lockers. The shirt 90s tech need ripped out and replaced with new modern smart boards..

Lol this post reminds me of this from my imagur page could be a good money maker selling off glass box like fragments and original pieces like we did with the old main stand Royal Oak

( scroll right or down for images )

Can easily re-use the current wooden panels to help form something more modern, like individual cubicles. Then it needs modernised in terms of general decoration and more technology for the staff. This can be done while maintaining the ‘old feel’.

Id be all for this. For Ed House we should tear it down and start again with a official bar / cafe

Pools money will go towards Stadium upkeep. It will help along with funds from the Board to deliver the 2022 vision Dave King planned out a few years ago.

Memorial Garden,
Edmiston House renovation to accommodate the TO, Museum, needed office space and a Cafe.

Cladding replaced.

New Illuminated Club crest signage on exterior.

Looking to have Edmiston Road closed off past the stadium side and pedestrianised with a Blue walkway, benches, trees etc.

Also looking in to lighting in order to light the place blue in the nights sky.

If they could refurbish Edmiston House to create a family friendly cafe on one side and a bar on the other that would help maximise revenues for the club. Anyone who has been into the Go Glasgow hotel on PRW on a match day will see the potential.

If we could buy the football pitch across the road to make a bigger fanzone then the old one would make a good beer garden like they have at German matches.

If we did manage to get the bigger fan zone off the council then would be ideal if we surfaced it with a huge club badge that could easily been seen by all planes coming into Glasgow Airport.

I'm a traditionalist.. our changing room are unique . From our pegs being higher than the away changing room pegs . The oak paneling th queen . You can smell the history when you enter.. I remember well the big bath were the showers are
As for players not being impressed by our changing room facilities.. if you dont like it.yiu dont deserve a club like ours...there is other things around the stadium and inside need done up.. the changing room isnt one for me..

I'm a traditionalist.. our changing room are unique . From our pegs being higher than the away changing room pegs . The oak paneling th queen . You can smell the history when you enter.. I remember well the big bath were the showers are
As for players not being impressed by our changing room facilities.. if you dont like it.yiu dont deserve a club like ours...there is other things around the stadium and inside need done up.. the changing room isnt one for me..

You could bring the oak panelling out and still have it very present in any new design.

If they could refurbish Edmiston House to create a family friendly cafe on one side and a bar on the other that would help maximise revenues for the club. Anyone who has been into the Go Glasgow hotel on PRW on a match day will see the potential.

If we could buy the football pitch across the road to make a bigger fanzone then the old one would make a good beer garden like they have at German matches.

If we did manage to get the bigger fan zone off the council then would be ideal if we surfaced it with a huge club badge that could easily been seen by all planes coming into Glasgow Airport.

This paragraph here would be spot on

“If we could buy the football pitch across the road to make a bigger fanzone then the old one would make a good beer garden like they have at German matches”

The inside of the main stand has been modernised throughout our history, I don't see why we need to halt progress now.

r1yceb.jpg

2q1tjrd.jpg

2z4e2he.jpg

I don't think players from the 80s and 90s would have appreciated facilities from the 40s and 50s, we can't expect players in the 2020s to accept facilities from the 80s and 90s.
We need to improve them.

success on the field first to give us the income to do the following

safe standing on the lower decks of the stands, maybe starting with east / west enclosure, as long as it didnt affect stadium capacity . i think since all seaters came in, the atmosphere has died at most games

museum / ticket office.

upgrading the external look of the stadium as well as working with council to improve the immediate area around the stadium and some of the surrounding areas to make even the walk to the game a bit more enjoyable, sometimes feel like your in an run down industrial estate at times

Back