Stadium more than half empty at 84 minutes

The stadium wasn’t more than half empty at 84 minutes. Yes many left which is not great but nowhere near 25,000 had left at that time. By the way I left at the 89th minute and I apologise but I had to drive 200 miles to get home!

I realise that 200 mile commute to see rangers should be applauded but why not just stay the extra 5 minutes since you travelled so far?

Regardless of legitimate reasons for leaving early (work, distance travelled, ferries, buses etc) too many 'fans' who attend Ibrox have an entitled attitude and take Rangers for granted.

If you get up to leave (no matter how bad the fare is) and the game is a tight match with 10 or 15 minutes to go, in my opinion, you have to question how big a fan you are. You certainly can't claim to be a diehard. Those types stay until the bitter end no matter the performance or result.

Too many people think that purchasing a ST is their job done. They come, sit on their arse, make no attempt to get behind the team and leave early.

To me that's not what a football fan should be.

I wish I could take these people over to Germany, for example, for a game and see what real support and commitment is at games.

For home games we have people attending, but we don't really have a home "support".

The lack of support last night did more to put the result in jeopardy then actually help the team when they needed it most.

Too many people think that purchasing a ST is their job done. They come, sit on their arse, make no attempt to get behind the team and leave early.

To me that's not what a football fan should be.

I wish I could take these people over to Germany, for example, for a game and see what real support and commitment is at games.

For home games we have people attending, but we don't really have a home "support".

The lack of support last night did more to put the result in jeopardy then actually help the team when they needed it most.
Think your being a tad dramatic there

People can leave when they want its their life.

Personally I have only ever left once before the final whistle and that was Lyon at home when their 3rd goal went in. My brother in law was driving and it was his decision to leave!

Regardless of legitimate reasons for leaving early (work, distance travelled, ferries, buses etc) too many 'fans' who attend Ibrox have an entitled attitude and take Rangers for granted.

If you get up to leave (no matter how bad the fare is) and the game is a tight match with 10 or 15 minutes to go, in my opinion, you have to question how big a fan you are. You certainly can't claim to be a diehard. Those types stay until the bitter end no matter the performance or result.

Maybe they don't claim to be anything. Maybe they just buy tickets because they like going to the match and are simply entitled to leave early if it suits them to do so?

Buying a ticket might mean different things to different people, but the reality is that it's not a contract to be locked in a seat or building against your will. Football matches are a form of entertainment.

Some of those fans might argue that the team shouldn't feel entitled to just be given the full 90 mins backing by every soul in the stadium, regardless of the performance.

As I said, I stay til the end every game. My choice, but folk have every right to leave early, whether we like to see it or not.

Genuine question , what difference does leaving early make? You say 11 pm to get home is too late . How early do you leave to make a dent in that ?
Because I get on M74 within 10mins of leaving the ground,if I stay am stuck in carpark for nearly a hour before getting on M74 so considerable difference

Interesting to see Rio Ferdinand's comments on the United fans leaving last night;

"They are not going to be wanting to come here and support Manchester United based on what you are seeing out there. It's just not going to happen, fans are walking out after 84 minutes. "

They've got club legends talking about it whilst we just seem to accept it as the norm.

What about midweek european games . As I say Legia warsaw was heading for extra time and yet all these fans were still in the stadium when Alfie scores . So how is that possible with all these restrictions are in place ? I just can’t figure it out.......

Sometimes if there’s is enough buses on the boats they will hold back 15/20 mins to we all get down to the harbour. Again very odd occasion and takes some begging for them to do so.

As a matter of interest I take it u live within an hour of Ibrox saying your able to stay the full 90 every match?

I don't understand it, surely you go to the football expecting it to last 90 mins. Understand some people midweek may have to leave to get to work etc if nightshift but the vast majority leave early every week. Gerrard has asked for the support to get behind the team not flood out the stadium at 80 mins.

10 minutes play after that. Depressing that fans are not committed to stay the distance to help the team see the game out

I know this is a regular post on here. I know there are fans who have no choice, they have to leave. I know these people got off their arses and packed the stadium out. I know there are things/reasons I am missing.

I also know if we were playing an ' important' game tonight. The stadium would be almost full. It I also know that every game we play is important!!!!!. The sooner these fans who choose to leave for no good reason realise they are letting the team down.

Check out Anfield with 5 minutes to go. A team and fans starved of a league win for years like us. Fans committed to support their team in any way they can. Stay and appreciate the players, reward them for the 3 points.
I’ll be honest it’s embarrassing

On my way home now 9.40 back to London . Never have left Ibrox before full time in over 40 years of following. Only make a few games a season due to work commitments , each to their own I suppose.

If we are going to win this league it will have to be a combined effort between the players and the fans. "Togetherness" is vital.

Right now, at home games, the bond between the fans and players is almost non- existent. Fans are not creating an exciting vibrant atmosphere. That's not a title winning formula. We need to buck up our ideas - quickly!!

so embarrassing and totally frustrating no excuse for 99% of them there are two old women same row as me and on the 82nd minute it is up and off, I think it is becoming a bad habit for most of them imho

Entertainment and it being a Wednesday night against 11 men behind a ball St Mirren is the most likely cause.

Doesn’t answer my question.

Probably because there is no answer.

Well in my case, I carry an oxygen tank which holds about 2hrs of oxygen, I carry a second one in the car. So between getting between car and seat and return to car Is tight with a slow walk.
My case is visible. No longer attend now.
There are others who have had major operations which are not visible but adjust their movements to suit.

I would rather watch Rangers live for any amount of time that watch 90 minutes on TV.

Strangely enough,the team never really got going to around the 80th minute
Largely because St Midden actually ventured out their own half - and almost scored. Gave everyone a fright.

Players seeing thousands streaming out with 10+ minutes left does not help anyone. Ask any players on that topic.

Sometimes if there’s is enough buses on the boats they will hold back 15/20 mins to we all get down to the harbour. Again very odd occasion and takes some begging for them to do so.

As a matter of interest I take it u live within an hour of Ibrox saying your able to stay the full 90 every match?
I travel to every game from Inverness via a supporters bus . We never have any pressure to leave early , would be pissed off if we did .

How about the players that aren't committed to play 90 minutes, cause that was almost as dull as friday night. No wonder people have up and left. I stayed til the end and then had to endure some daft wee laddie letting about 3 cars out in front of him for every 1 car space he moved on the road. Took as long to drive 500m as did 50 mile
Ibrox is one of the worst places to get out of, especially by car.

I have left the odd weekend game early if I need to go somewhere after the game but never leave night games early as I don't have anywhere to be other than my bed and I can end up going to bed after midnight anyway.

I made the exception last night, the potential of those road works and quality of the game made me leave at 85. And the slip road to M73 from M74 was already shut when I passed, assume it was chaos after full time out that way.

I realise that 200 mile commute to see rangers should be applauded but why not just stay the extra 5 minutes since you travelled so far?
Leaving in the 89th minute means we are in front of most of the traffic if we wait that other few minutes it can take us an hour to clear Glasgow. Last night we got home at 1.15am

It's not going to change, getting the piss taken out of them by the St Mirren fans was the cue for more to stand up and walk out.

The day we start worrying about what St Mirren fans think of us, is the day we're really in trouble.

I remember just before half time in the Motherwell game in October, the Motherwell fans - all two dozen of them - started with the 'Walkin' away, the Rangers way ...' bullshit as the fans were making their way to the kiosks. I really wanted them all to start singing, 'Going back to our seats, the Rangers way, back to our seats, the Rangers way,' on the way back!

I agree it doesn't look great but short of locking people in I don't know what you want done about it.

Incentivise staying till the end. Make people ‘tap out’ using their season ticket card and then use that data to work out who get cup final/away tickets etc.

Solves two problems at once.

See at the end of the day a lot of people have commitments like work next day and a lot of fans travel a good distance now the difference between staying 5-10 minutes later could be an hour to an hour and a half sitting in grid locked traffic around Ibrox then still have the normal journey to go.
Some people it’s the only chance getting a quick couple of pints and catch up way mates you leave at full time good luck getting a couple pints if u stay till the death.
guys that get a supports bus know the bus won’t leave till everyone’s on it after the final whistle so makes it easier to stay till the end nothing against that either every individual has they’re own circumstances.
Also weather can dictate who leaves when after all who wants to stand in a mile long subway queue in the p!shing rain.
See at the end of the day each to their own but the people leaving early didn’t stop the atmosphere being absolutely dross for the whole game and that’s everyone’s problem!

Was sitting in a seat beside the exit on Friday night - streams of people coming out meant you had to stand for the last 10 minutes.

Even worse those who chose to stand at the exit until full time fully blocking the view.

Incentivise staying till the end. Make people ‘tap out’ using their season ticket card and then use that data to work out who get cup final/away tickets etc.

Do you realise the hold up that would cause? You’d be stuck after the game for about an hour waiting on everyone clicking out haha

Takes long enough to get in when there's a steady flow at the turnstiles now nevermind an entire area leaving at the same time.

How long would that take?
More fans that have no interest in cup tickets would be leaving earlier to avoid the congestion.

There was more folk inside Anfield 5 minutes after the final whistle than there was in Ibrox with 10 minutes left on the clock, it's atrocious.
The home "support" at Ibrox and Anfield is like night and day.

Leaving early from Anfield isn't even a thing.

SG has - unfortunately - had a culture shock in that respect.

I travel to every game from Inverness via a supporters bus . We never have any pressure to leave early , would be pissed off if we did .
Big difference travelling from somewhere on the mainland... if you’re travelling from NI it’s a 2 hr drive back to the boat. The boat won’t wait...

Back