Stadium more than half empty at 84 minutes

You ok mate?

I never compared them to a gig ot a film I was replying to the poster that did.

Out of curiosity if the guys that left early never returned then Rangers would be playing to a half empty stadium for 90 minutes rather than the final 10. How does that improve the situation lol

I’m no bad thanks.

You argued back to the guys point though as if people leaving a shitey film early is in anyway comparable to people walking out on their ‘beloved’ team in a tight game in the closest title race in years.

There is also a 15k waiting list for season books so wouldn’t be much lost money. Some things are worth a lot more anyway.

You’re 100% correct OP. It’s embarrassing. We all know a few have genuine excuses but 99% are leaving to beat the subway que or traffic. I cringe wondering what Gerrard is thinking about it...

Gerrard needs to call out this leaving early nonsense! I travel from Northern Ireland and never leave early, so dont know why people who live in Scotland have to leave early? The excuses dont add up, if we were playing Celtic in a cup competition midweek and it went to extra time, you wouldn't have thousands leaving early!

That performance was embarrassing last night plodding along that was a chance to get a few goals last night, and we nearly lose 2points at the end, the attitude of the players should get questioned. A title to win??

That's complete drivel.

Opponents with 10 men within 20 yards of their goal, with their only intent being to stifle and kill the game. There's going to be games that aren't pretty.

Yeah, a title to win. You want to question the attitude of the players who have lost one league game all season, got us our first win at Parkhead in nearly a decade, won that game last night and kept us a game in hand off going top? Away you go.

Excuse my ignorance but what medical condition dictates you must leave a stadium 10 minutes before the final whistle and not 10 minutes after the final whistle?

I assume this medical condition means that person can’t go to the cinema, concert or get on a plane or boat.

Some condition that is.

What about the people who leave at half time then go and watch the second half in the pub. That’s what winds me up!

Don't get to games much these days but when I was a regular and went to the game,that meant the whole game. I wanted to be In my seat before kick off and never thought about leaving before full time. Anything else did not make sense to me. I understand some people might have a good reason but just to try and avoid traffic and get home early is just something i don't get.

But people leave our home games early regardless of performance.

I’ve seen us winning 5-0 playing wonderful football - and people go early.

I’ve seen us locked at 0-0 dominating the game and desperately needing a goal - and people go early.

It has now become a compulsion for people. They do it and they don’t really know why.

I’m sure they know why they leave. Traffic, public transport services, kids up late etc.

I don't understands it, especially if the guys are on a supporters bus and have to wait anyway for the lads who did stayed to the end.

I’m no bad thanks.

You argued back to the guys point though as if people leaving a shitey film early is in anyway comparable to people walking out on their ‘beloved’ team in a tight game in the closest title race in years.

There is also a 15k waiting list for season books so wouldn’t be much lost money. Some things are worth a lot more anyway.

The poster used a film or a gig as an example so I replied to that, it wasn’t me that compared Rangers to a film or a gig

Where you at the game last night? There was at least 10 empty seats around me in the govan rear. If there are so many waiting to go to games why was the stadium not full? Let’s assume these people were season ticket holders and never turned up, is it better if they don’t turn up at all or turn up and leave early?

I sit in BF1 where generally it’s a positive atmosphere with whole section singing and getting behind the team.

2 older guys behind me who I’ve never seen before last night. Only spoke to berate the players for misplaced passes or shout SHITE if a shot missed the target or a player missed a tackle.

They then left early.

Why these fans even bother is beyond me. Looked like they got zero enjoyment and almost seemed annoyed by the constant singing and choreographed clapping etc. attempting to breathe life into the stadium on a turgid cold January night.

I don't understands it, especially if the guys are on a supporters bus and have to wait anyway for the lads who did stayed to the end.

I always stay for the full 90 minutes and when I’m walking along PRW to get my car there’s always 5-6 buses driving past me, on the M8 and heading west.

There’s no way all those members are staying for 90 minutes and still making the bus.

Do some busses insist on fans leaving early?

Have only left a game early once.
Can understand there being times when have to leave early but not twenty thousand folk.

Fact is when people come from as far afield as our support, some of them will want to avoid getting held up in traffic and queues getting away, especially on a midweek night.

I agree it doesn't look great but short of locking people in I don't know what you want done about it.

Been going for nearly 25 years and cant remember it not being like that.

Have never missed a full time whistle at Ibrox. Understand that some people "don't have a choice" but would never expect that number to be as high as it appears to be.

10 minutes play after that. Depressing that fans are not committed to stay the distance to help the team see the game out

I know this is a regular post on here. I know there are fans who have no choice, they have to leave. I know these people got off their arses and packed the stadium out. I know there are things/reasons I am missing.

I also know if we were playing an ' important' game tonight. The stadium would be almost full. It I also know that every game we play is important!!!!!. The sooner these fans who choose to leave for no good reason realise they are letting the team down.

Check out Anfield with 5 minutes to go. A team and fans starved of a league win for years like us. Fans committed to support their team in any way they can. Stay and appreciate the players, reward them for the 3 points.
The stadium wasn’t more than half empty at 84 minutes. Yes many left which is not great but nowhere near 25,000 had left at that time. By the way I left at the 89th minute and I apologise but I had to drive 200 miles to get home!

I'm not even sure what can be done about it, better transport links maybe? Won't understand the need to leave early, simply put, leaving early is never giving the team your full support.

If they’re not prepared to support the team for the entire match then they shouldn’t go.

I wasn’t in my seat at full time. At half time I got a cup of tea, which I wasn’t to pleased with coming in a cup with green and white on it. After finishing the tea around the 55/60 min mark I needed a piss but held it in as I didn’t want to miss any of the game. I done this until the 2 st mirren players clashed heads near the end of the game then I ran down to do the toilet, maybe about 87 min mark.
When I came out I realised the game was on the screens in the concourse and there were hundreds of fans watching it on them so I decided to stay there until the final whistle rather than run up to the back of the govan stand for 2 minutes to get caught in everyone trying to get out again.
I’m sure years ago the screens in the concourse used to be switched off with about 10 mins left to stop this from happening.

As an aside I also had one spare ticket which I couldn’t get rid of even though I was giving it away free. My son had football training so missed the game. If there are 15,000 desperate for tickets I don’t know any of them.

It was very noticeable last night. 81 minutes and the clacking of seats was deafening in MRR.

I never leave until the manager goes up the tunnel, just me. However, the reality is that folk have the right to leave when they like and being at the match isn't an obligation. I'm not especially surprised that even more folk than usual were content to make a quick getaway last night, midweek, freezing cold and a long, boring game where the result never really looked in doubt.

You can't force people to stay.

So you would rather the team played to a half empty stadium for 90 minutes rather than 10?

No, I'd rather people got a grip and stayed for 90 minutes.

There's numerous football stadiums in the UK which are in large, congested cities with slow moving traffic. Yet, most of them don't see fans leaving before the final whistle.

There's no excuse for it.

I am addicted to FF and post all the time but tend to avoid Subway Loyal threads. In the end it IS about personal choice.

But last night was fucking ludicrous. NOT cold, or wet, and in fact balmy for Scotland. We are in a league fight....yes we're outsiders but we're realistic prospects. Game was NOT over, far from it.

Where are you all going?!?! Can't you stop it for a few months, like manager and captain asked? Just support, and try and push us to 55?

I am sick of it and around me around 5, yes 5, people flooding out were infirm or elderly (4 old gents and 1 woman with a stick). The rest? Well...

I always stay for the full 90 minutes and when I’m walking along PRW to get my car there’s always 5-6 buses driving past me, on the M8 and heading west.

There’s no way all those members are staying for 90 minutes and still making the bus.

Do some busses insist on fans leaving early?
Not that you have to leave early, stay till the end but the bus does want to get away on time and it depends how far away they’ve parked, where you sit etc. Being in club deck having to get down from there then walk to find the bus... bus will usually leave at 5, so it is tight. Totally see why the bus does it though, 2 hour drive back to the boat.

Excuse my ignorance but what medical condition dictates you must leave a stadium 10 minutes before the final whistle and not 10 minutes after the final whistle?

I assume this medical condition means that person can’t go to the cinema, concert or get on a plane or boat.

Some condition that is.

Ignorance of medical conditions it certainly is.

Would they still leave of kick off was 15 minutes early. Come on Rangers ask the relevant authorities and let's do a trial run
I am serious this should be done now
Safe standing should be introduced as a matter of urgency and if any body needs moving move them .We didn't see anybody complaining in the days of terracing so why pander to people now
It is an embarrassment and must affect the teams performance.There is a 17,000 waiting list so if people don't like it it's there problem why should RANGERS stagnate like them.We are being left behind by the likes of Accrington Stanley and Kilmarnock it's embarrassing.

I just don't understand it and cringe when i see the mass exodus, god knows what Gerrard must think of it, we are going for the title and a huge portion of the stadium just want to catch the subway on time.

Admit that then instead of far fetched fairytales and excuses . Just be honest and say “ the game was boring , I couldn’t be arsed staying , I left “ . As I said , isn’t it funny how these 20,000 last night who had to get kids home for “school” :rolleyes: , get buses , boats , weddings , nightshift yadda yadda, were all still in their seats for a midweek game against Legia warsaw that was headin for extra time and maybe even penalties , a 10.30 or even 10.45 pm finish , and all these reasons to leave early had been temporarily suspended .....,,
I cant really argue with that,well said

Combined with the non-existent atmosphere, Ibrox once again was a very subdued place last night.

They are making a big thing this morning of Man Utd fans leaving with five minutes to go last night. Have they been to Ibrox??!!

Pro rata we must have the most early leavers in football.

Gerrard must be so frustrated with our home "support".
I seen that about the utd fans. Couldn't believe what I was reading, at least they had a reason. Was interesting to hear lineker say that there was discontent among their fans who are maybe a bit self entitled.

Their entitlement doesn't come close to our fans. You'd have thought we got beat last night.

I’d never leave a game before time up because of what today would be called FOMO. :D

Over the years I’ve seen too much last minute drama and goals to even risk it.

I’ve lived through some highly successful times and other times when I felt like reaching for the razor blades. I’ve been inside Ibrox in a crowd below 4000 and I’ve been in there with nearly 100,000. I’ve never abused players (despite good reason at times) but always encouraged.

Other folks, for whatever reason, can’t or won’t stay until the final whistle. That’s their prerogative. We don’t need 10+ pagers on a regular basis to criticise them no matter how disappointing it is to see the attendance drain in the final stages.

If ever you need proof that the Rangers support is simply the best just take a look back over the last 8 years and how we responded to the shitstorm we landed in.

I just dont understand how anyone could miss parts of a game but thats just me, i dont miss a second of any game ever

Apart from when i was steaming at my office xmas party and missed the Hibs game :oops:

Always stay to the final whistle.
Ironically it took longer to get to the game last night than it did to get home!

People who arrive after KO generally can't help it. They may have been finishing work, for instance, and got to Ibrox as soon as they could.

That's a bit of a generalisation. There are lads behind me who filter in late for most games, invariably having clearly been at the pub drinking pre-match.

Bit unfair to generalise negatively on those leaving early but generalise positively on those coming in late.

If we were beating the tims at home last night hardly anyone world have left - apart from the really genuine cases.

So it goes to prove that there are so many fake excuses for leaving early.

I was chatting on here last night, briefly, with a lad who had had to leave a little early to catch the last boat home. Is he excused ?

Back