Stadium tours (Bayern fans)

I seriously think I'll apply for the new marketing managers position being advertised.

I have no marketing experience, no PR experience and no semblance of how to promote our club in the global market.

All things considered, I reckon I'm in with a shout

are people really surprised though?

this is a club who had the captain of America twice in Claudio Reyna and Carlos Bocangera, never mind US players like DaMarcus Beasley and Maurice Edu and did nothing to market ourselves in the US where we could have made a packet through selling merchandise

our PR system has been a joke for years

This was a golden opportunity missed.

so just to clarify, these Bayern fans showed up at Ibrox to have a look around hoping to get a tour (there was none that day) that sounds bad enough in itself as these fans are used to the Allianz running scores of tours a day in multiple languages

then they probably say to themselves maybe the day can be salvaged by wandering around to the club shop and grabbing a jersey with their sons name on the back to take home

Oh wait....

It honestly pains me to see what a shambolic outfit we have become

Just looked up Newcastle United

Weekdays - 2 a day
Weekends - 3 Sundays in November 3 each day Saturday 18th November 4 in total
Easy when your getting 100 mil each season on tv deal alone eh.

Some on here put the boot into our club for the sake of it.

So they decide to just rock up on the day and expect to be given a tour ? Or did they try and book before they came over because they're two entirely different things .

This, perhaps if there were enough enquiries something could have been arranged ja?

What does how much money NUFC make from TV have to do with how many tours are put on??

Do Newcastle have as many fans as Rangers? Supply and demand

There’s Rangers fans from all over the world who visit Ibrox who have never been to Scotland before

We don’t need fans to put the boot in, the club is more than capable of screwing itself right now

More the reality of how our club works and for such a club with a rich history we are very much poor in that side of it

I picked Newcastle United because for the lack of success and see how they operate of that back of it

Last edited:
My mate from over here in Ballymena is a massive Bayern Munich fan (don't know why) but he travels quite regularly to watch them play and hes over for the match tomorrow night against them

He just text me that he went up to Ibrox there, and there is a good crowd of Germans up round the ground. they went to look for a stadium tour but were told no that none were available today.

Surely we need to address this issue. We really do need a full time museum/tour going on during the week, especially when we know there are European teams visiting the city. Think its a bit bad that we have supporters from one of the biggest clubs in the world wanting to tour our great stadium and theres no tours available for them
This is nothing new. Until we have a museum setup then this will continue sadly.

I was down at Ibrox picking up tickets a couple of years ago when Germany were playing Scotland at hampdump. There was busloads of their fans milling about and in the Rangers shop buying stuff(didn't have the heart to tell them we were boycotting at the time).

Im sure on the Saturday we played someone like Raith ? Falkirk ? or the like at Ibrox and there was a good few German flags on display.

Amateur from the club.

If the poets can do one a day midweek then why can't we?

I actually didn't post anything regardless their tours but I did look

Weekdays 2 per day
Matchdays weekend 4 per day depending on kick-off
Non MatchDays weekend - Saturday 6, Sunday 5

Even Hampden operate 4 a day 7 days a week depending on events been held

I would like to see some sort of museum dedicated to Rangers history,I for one would go along,I suppose with the way things have been at Rangers,just getting the club back to as it always was,was the most important thing,but I think the stadium tour I think would be quite popular among our own fans as well as foreign fans and could be a good source of revenue.

This may not be the biggest ever issue to hit our club - but it gives an insight into the poor planning, preparation and over all professionalism of some of the people involved in running the club.

If a club like Newcastle can be open for business every day in terms of stadium tours, why are we only open for business for 3 days a week ??

I've been past Ibrox many a time during the week and it's like a ghost town. Run past Old Trafford or Anfield any week day and it's a hive of activity.

From top to bottom our clubs needs a re-boot !!

I dont think is an accurate statement at all. I've read a lot of posts from you recently and they all scream hyperbole. Its like you get a mindset and go to extremes to point out how bad a situation is and also seem to post multiple times giving the same point but each time making it more and more pressing.

The area around Ibrox isn't great, which is mostly why its a ghost town. Having been down to Old trafford on non match days, I can't say it was any different to what I find around Ibrox to be honest. The area was quiet and there was very few people around, only those I encountered were those heading to the stadium for a tour like myself.

Your spot on regarding the tour situation itself. a club our size should be making tours available on a daily basis where possible. Perhaps the demand hasn't been there for it to be looked at? I also agree that such forward planning and foresight should be used for situations where there are fans from foreign countries expected and we should be capitalising on the expectation of these visitors and even perhaps reaching out as someone suggested to their respective fan groups in the lead up to it and advertising our stadium tours.

I dont see it as something of a massive issue, however I do feel its an area we can improve on. Has anyone taken the opportunity to pass any of these thoughts onto the club so that perhaps it can be something we can maybe consider doing going forward, or are we all just moaning about it on FF and sitting back and doing nothing? (I count myself in that of course)

Anyone know if there’s been any at Ibrox today?
2nbulw1.jpg

2cy1vu9.jpg

Seen a few this afternoon

I would have thought someone at the club would have been in contact with Bayern official supporters association offering discounts to travelling support for lunch and a tour as football fans love traditional football clubs and the history it's story tells.

Another chance lost.

Exactly. Zero forward thinking from the appropriate people with regards to this.

Amateur from the club.

If the poets can do one a day midweek then why can't we?
Because we don't have the right people at operational level or ones with the right attitude.........And we have Stewart Robertson :(

"Nah mate, we're closed today" That's just embarassing.

Call ourselves a big club ?? About time we acted like one !

Yes, because a club needs £100m a year to employ a couple of part time staff with an acute knowledge of Rangers' history to guide daily tours of Ibrox.

We are literally turning money away, but carry on and make excuses for a regime that is stuck in the eighties.

Seen loads of Bayern Munich fans in city centre with those daft half scarves Celtic/Bayern Munich have never understood those things.

Back