Stadium Wifi - not fit for purpose

It's not called that any more - something like "rangers supporters wifi" and it's backed by Sky's wifi i think.

Vague recollections form being half cut in the broomloan at the weekend.
That was straight from Rangers announcement of the Sky wifi deal before the Real Madrid game mate. Maybe they changed the name of the wifi server?

Have used it in both GF2 and CD6 recently with no issues and to be honest was quite impressed with it. Something tells me those complaining may not have signed up on the landing page or find themselves on the wrong end of the technology revolution regularly.

Didn’t even know about WiFi and I must be surrounded by anti vaxxers because I cannot even send a text in the Govan Rear never mind an internet signal!

Its a good phone so that can be ruled out. AdBlocker or Pop-Up Blocker maybe? In all honesty the possibilities are virtually endless.

Off the wall suggestion but you don't use a VPN do you? Not to appear overseas but as a security thing. I sometimes leave mine on and set to a UK server like Southampton and find that, for example, there are some BT Wifi Hotspots I cannot connect to because they have VPN servers blocked. Unlikely but possible I guess.
No mate, no VPN or AdBlock.

First time I went to register, it said there was already an account registered to that email address.

I put in my standard password for these types of things and it took it. I assumed they’d kept the registrations from the Spiv WiFi fiasco.

They sure have :D
Indeed. Just noticed this from before the Malmo game. Are they changing it every damned week ha ha?

In order to access the WIFI, fans attending Ibrox will connect their mobile device by choosing to join “Rangers Matchday WiFi" and then creating an account to join and browse the internet from their seat.

I was in the club deck last night right up the back in line with the goal line it worked great up there I was actually quite shocked

Indeed. Just noticed this from before the Malmo game. Are they changing ti every damned week ha ha?

In order to access the WIFI, fans attending Ibrox will connect their mobile device by choosing to join “Rangers Matchday WiFi" and then creating an account to join and browse the internet from their seat.
I'll loop you back in to this thread after I try to access RangersTV through it at the next home game!

Wembley has went another route and installed high capacity mobile masts rather than the wifi route.

I’m not entirely sure how you fix this without a massive cost. The cost is in the size of the pipe alone that is only used for 4 hours 28 times a year. Without the bandwidth for 50k people it won’t work. People will also try download, apps updating in the background.

I think it’s sky who provide it, an absolute waste of time in a commercial environment.
Its not necessarily the bandwidth which is the issue, it’s the fact that the stadium probably hasn’t had a WiFi survey (RF) to determine how many WiFi access points should be installed and where.

If you don’t do a survey to determine what infrastructure you require, then it will result in a poor service.

Its not O2 mate:

In order to access the WIFI, fans attending Ibrox will connect their mobile device by choosing to join “The Cloud WIFI”, (_The Cloud) and then creating an account to join and browse the internet from their seat.
This is the one they trialled at one of the friendlies, I’m sure. I think we got an email.

Was a sign-up page but once you completed that, nothing.

It is a bit in and out but still an improvement on the awful mobile signal. I like to get updates on other games (coupons etc)

Doesn’t work. Clearly can’t cope with the demand.

Their can’t be many big clubs who have as poor technological infrastructure as us. The ticketing website/procedures followed by this waste of time.
Things like these shouldn’t be an issue but it appears we’re running everything from a Spectrum ZX or maybe a Commodore 64 at a push :(:rolleyes:

Not good enough.

Do you want a cushion for your seat ?

Love people (dinosaurs?) on this thread saying you don’t need WiFi at the football.

Hardly the point, we have WiFi so it shouldn’t be shitty and unusable.

Is there anything people on here don't moan about? Constant negative threads on all things rangers and the only thing that entertains some, is what's going on at parkhead.
The Club shouldn’t provide shit products/services then.

Its a pile of shite in CF4, doesn't matter if I'm in the concourse or my seat. Only need it now and again but its absolutely useless

Their can’t be many big clubs who have as poor technological infrastructure as us. The ticketing website/procedures followed by this waste of time.
Things like these shouldn’t be an issue but it appears we’re running everything from a Spectrum ZX or maybe a Commodore 64 at a push :(:rolleyes:

Not good enough.
No probs using it so far

Mine has been fine in the CD - i don't check my phone much during the games - but i do still get the notifications from live score etc to my watch via my phone and check scores at half time etc - always been fine in CD7

Last edited:
I got on fine GF1 last couple of games. Handy for checking scores and also managed to watch Premier Sports at half time.

I blame Hedy Lamarr.
AaE0.gif

Not good enough.
I think they bought it off Argos !.

I’ve only tried to use it once when my phone signal was rubbish and it didn’t work so I’ve never tried it since then.

Not good enough.

Worked for me in BR1 vs Motherwell.

Got an all important goal flash up at 3:26pm from Livingston.

Back