Stadium Wifi - not fit for purpose

If it means anything, I can now get a 4g reception in the Govan Rear.
4G Reception last night varied was non existent then moved 2 metres away and ok its been like that for years Ive always thought Ibrox is like the middle of a network donut

It works when I manage to log onto it - problem is when my phone locks it seems to come off WiFi and go back onto 5G. You then need to go in and log onto it once more which is a pain each time your phone locks.

How do you get on it
This is from before the Malmö game. Not sure if the Wi-Fi network still has the same name though.

In order to access the WIFI, fans attending Ibrox will connect their mobile device by choosing to join “Rangers Matchday WiFi" and then creating an account to join and browse the internet from their seat.

this season has been the first it’s consistently worked for me.
Front of SJ rear last night half time a guy near me on flash score app and I couldn't so moved to over him and app worked. Moved another couple of seats not working again

Only time I've had a signal all season was the Real Madrid friendly when the place was half full. Majority of time Rangers WiFi doesn't even appear on my list.

Doesn’t work. Clearly can’t cope with the demand.

Their can’t be many big clubs who have as poor technological infrastructure as us. The ticketing website/procedures followed by this waste of time.
Things like these shouldn’t be an issue but it appears we’re running everything from a Spectrum ZX or maybe a Commodore 64 at a push :(:rolleyes:

Not good enough.
Never knew there was stadium WiFi !?

Tried last night at Half-Time in BR - wanted to see what FF made of a the game. Couldn't get a thing.

Their can’t be many big clubs who have as poor technological infrastructure as us. The ticketing website/procedures followed by this waste of time.
Things like these shouldn’t be an issue but it appears we’re running everything from a Spectrum ZX or maybe a Commodore 64 at a push :(:rolleyes:

Not good enough.
Aye right...their !!!

Not good enough.
Agree, it’s pish. I bet you the photographer wi-fi works like a dream though

Not good enough.
Works fine for me . Ticketing/ website I agree is poor..

Buy this ........

[url=https://postimages.org/][/URL]

Last edited:
I'm Govan rear, and after the rigmarole of getting connected (fleetingly) the connection is piss poor. Can barely send WhatsApp messages. It's a joke.

I emailed the feedback address, no reply or improvement.

I really dont see the need for it.
Personally if I'm at a game I switch my phone off.
If it is necessary to have wifi... I'd make sure that it was on up until 5 mins before kick off...then switch the thing off until halftime.
Then turn it off again until full time.
It's not unusual to hear people say... what happened there, after having their face stuck in the phone.

Not worked for me but my 5G usually sees me awrite! To be fair, I've not been able to sign up properly when the stadiums full. I reckon it'd work fine if I was in earlier/less folk kicking about. Once you register must work better?

Back