Standard Liege fans forum reaction to the game against us

“Too bad ... Impassable ground it was not too much a football match the last half hour ... We can not blame them too much. Magnificent 2nd goal which does not change anything. On the other hand, the celebration which follows is worthy of a brainless fool .. Simply scandalous. There are still matches to qualify COYR”

Pseudos supporters I read a lot! What can you criticize ...
Too bad Cop aui does not control this ball because it was the equalizer ball just before the 0-2, which must be recognized daring and super beautiful. Roofe's reaction is just ridiculous. He never did anything in Anderlecht, as Chattelle said "he did more in 2 minutes than he did in 5 months in Anderlecht". Reaction of a frustrated ... especially since we can not say that he was hissed enormously by the public.
It's a shame to lose at home. Afterwards, the Rangers are solid, in good shape, were much more physically present than us. And some Rouches were not at the top physically. No problem we will win at Benfica”

“Still, good news, my rain water tank is filled”

“We ban guys who have lost their taste and smell from playing, yet we allow guys who are blind to play”

“The Rangers can say thank you to the referee”

“Rouff what an arsehole this guy”

it’s safe to say they are raging!

“Too bad ... Impassable ground it was not too much a football match the last half hour ... We can not blame them too much. Magnificent 2nd goal which does not change anything. On the other hand, the celebration which follows is worthy of a brainless fool .. Simply scandalous. There are still matches to qualify COYR”

Too bad Cop aui does not control this ball because it was the equalizer ball just before the 0-2, which must be recognized daring and super beautiful. Roofe's reaction is just ridiculous. He never did anything in Anderlecht, as Chattelle said "he did more in 2 minutes than he did in 5 months in Anderlecht". Reaction of a frustrated ... especially since we can not say that he was hissed enormously by the public.
It's a shame to lose at home. Afterwards, the Rangers are solid, in good shape, were much more physically present than us. And some Rouches were not at the top physically. No problem we will win at Benfica”

“We ban guys who have lost their taste and smell from playing, yet we allow guys who are blind to play”

Brilliant translation Gazrfc! For some reason, I read it all with the voice of Renee, from Allo Allo.

Although the water tank comment is fantastic... what did the referee do that we should be thanking him for? The only thing I can think of is Hagi’s late tackle in the first half.

Although the water tank comment is fantastic... what did the referee do that we should be thanking him for? The only thing I can think of is Hagi’s late tackle in the first half.
Am I missing something in roofe celebration.?? Guy just scored a worldly

Hahaha brilliant.

Liege are a proper club with a good history. It's a shame there won't be many fans in the ground tonight as the atmosphere would have been cracking.

Don't think I've ever seen such a steep stand as the one they have behind the goals.
Never been in liege but when we played Valencia in the 70s at their old ground I near shit myself walking into the ground, nearest thing to a sheer drop I've ever seen

Never been in liege but when we played Valencia in the 70s at their old ground I near shit myself walking into the ground, nearest thing to a sheer drop I've ever seen
I was there last time when we were in the CL(we got beat 3-0)and the drop was bloody scary

"Impassable ground"

A new word but very appropriate :))

Reading that like

0_IMG_3981.jpg

Too bad Cop aui does not control this ball because it was the equalizer ball just before the 0-2.

He obviously doesn't know us too well, McGregor would have saved it anyway. :))
Greegs rushing out and screaming, in full mental Greegs mode, score and I will kill you ya bassa. The guy knocks it wide!

Reading that like

0_IMG_3981.jpg
Tbf a few things might not have happened but for the rain drenched pitch but it is what it is and both teams had an extra obstacle to overcome where one missed a golden opportunity and the other provided an amazing magical football moment that will be talked about for many years!

Not sure if they now know that the celebration is about family if not I hope they get told?

Am I missing something in roofe celebration.?? Guy just scored a worldly
I'm missing it as well, In most situations if a player scored a goal like that against Rangers people would applaud it,how often when you go to a game would you see a finish like that in your lifetime.

They come across as the Belgium version of the mankies, they expected to turn up and watch their team run right over us because they think Scottish football is shite, If you shut your eyes you would think we were playing against St Mirren with all the stupid booing going on.

They lost the plot at the end because they thought they might get a final chance, Roofe killed any hope of that, they then lost a 6yr undefeated record and made no prize money from the game. Bad losers on and off the pitch.

Back