Standard Liege's Six Year Unbeaten Home Run In Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the Zenit v Brugge game last night as I stupidly put Zenit on my coupon due to Brugge's covid issues.

Zenit were gash, but if Brugge are the best side in Belgium, then I honestly think we can take 4 points minimum from the games v Liege.
I did the exact same brugge were superb I was raging with maself

The pitbull is needing put down.

We'd have beaten them with or without him. Play up the Glasgow Rangers.

Exactly my thoughts. Would be a good result. The league is priority.

The league is priority but when money is available for a win or a draw then Europe is also a priority for us for additional income. Co-efficient points are also important for us as well to make it slightly easier for us in future seasons so Europe is just as important for the club as the league is.

Absolutely nothing to fear.

I've definitely had a mindset shift as far as Rangers goes under Gerrard in Europe . I was brought up on the embarrassment's of Smith's efforts during NIAR and, aside from a brief spell under Advocaat where we competed well, the near decade that followed was very similar.

Reading that thread header had me thinking "well we're the team to change that" as my immediate reaction.

Now it might well be that we lose the game, as is the case with any football match at this level, but even considering that we've got a chance going to a tough away ground shows the strides we've made.

Last edited:
The league is priority but when money is available for a win or a draw then Europe is also a priority for us for additional income. Co-efficient points are also important for us as well to make it slightly easier for us in future seasons so Europe is just as important for the club as the league is.
Not this season it isn’t. The record books will not show 8.75 in a row, pause, 1 in a row. We’ve made a fair chunk already this season from Europe. We will still take wins and points in Europe in the remaining games, but it absolutely shouldn’t be priority over the league.

And, we have a loyal fanbase, but season ticket uptake would definitely be impacted if Gerrard fails three times in a row and they get 10.

Seen all this before, we fear no one in the Europa. Porto/Braga/Feyenoord all a higher standard than the Belgies. Let them carry on with this pish, we are a unit now, a proper team. Bring it on.

One thing worth keeping in mind is that we haven't won any of the away group games in the past two seasons.

That's not a criticism, as there's been great results and performances among all that, but it's been our home form giving us the wins.

I think we're a good side at this level, and an away win here despite all their issues would be a real testament to that.

Nice to see the Gheralds 'this player is going take Rangers apart' article, taken apart by the covid.

The Arsenal side they drew 2 each with last season were a poor side and it was a final match day where arsenal had already won the group.

They then proceeded to be dumped out the tournament by the mighty Olympiakos.

Whilst there's no doubt they had some good results, there's nothing to fear.

Reading that they certainly sound impressive & I won't be taking them lightly or anything for granted

But for all that I still fancy us to do well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back