starting 11 with 1 to 11 on the shirts

TAG65

what year and why did it change to numbers above 11. was it bigger squads, subs , cant remember as my memory only remembers certain things and I am bored tae fvck. :oops:

In Scotland it started with the SPL in 1998.

English football started it with the start of the EPL in 1993. They introduced it to make it look "more American" - according to a programme about the creation of the EPL.

EDIT - cheers SDF

Last edited:
fvck forgot about that. we put 10p in or something then pick a number sometimes you got a blank was that right.

We had wee engraved metal discs with R1 to R14 for Rangers and O1 to O14 for opposition.
50p a go, tenner to first scorer, rest to the club.

We had wee engraved metal discs with R1 to R14 for Rangers and O1 to O14 for opposition.
fvck my memr
tenner ffs that was half my wages when I started working. wit bus were you on.

1998-1999 season

070399_amoruso_ferguson.jpg

We, likewise, had engraved metal discs but I'm pretty sure that ours started from R2 and O2 with no subs, 1 Ref and 4 Blanks. Total of 25 discs and the Ref won if it was 0-0 at half time - can't remember exactly how much it was or how much the prize money was although that probably changed over the years. Must have been at least two sets of discs because there was always more than one winner.
Discs must have went missing over the years because latterly I'm sure it was paper numbers.

Back