State of Man United

therealjmac

This post made me chuckle. Sitting 5th in the league, European football, broke the transfer record a couple of years ago and spent about £150 million in the summer. In my opinion it’s hardly the boards fault, every team goes through such periods - fergie leaving an aging team didn’t help the following managers situations however but they’ve had plenty of time and funding to correct it.

This post made me chuckle. Sitting 5th in the league, European football, broke the transfer record a couple of years ago and spent about £150 million in the summer. In my opinion it’s hardly the boards fault, every team goes through such periods - fergie leaving an aging team didn’t help the following managers situations however but they’ve had plenty of time and funding to correct it.
I'm loving every minute of their plummet from the elite.

Think they are still in top 3 for wages in that league. Someone surely gotta end this car crash sooner than later

Fergie = attack minded football
Moyes = defensive monded
Van Gaal = all round dutch style and a bit defensive
Mourinho = Defensive style
Solskjaer = Just bloody hopless

The board employed the wrong managers who play the wrong style of manager for the Man U style game/fans. The fault firmly sits with the board. A Klopp/Gerrard style manager is who they should be employing to achieve the fergie football that brought them the success they had. Imho.

Its clear to everyone but the powers that be, OGS is not the answer.

The punters would be able to accept where they are if the club had a strategy and a plan moving forward, get a good manager in and identify better, younger players to bring in.

Always had a little soft spot for Utd due to being close to my uncle (feels like my brother) being UTD daft he follows them everywhere

But after the way they carried on at Ibrox and in Glasgow and all the associated glory fans who’ve never been to old trafford i wish them nothing but misery

Yea the team looks hopeless on the pitch and this is most likely due to poor coaching, they cannot break teams that sit back down. Always look back to before gerrard came and how much better our fitness and coaching looks now.

Incredible that Man Utd are still in 5th, if they start slipping further down the table, Woodward will have to act.

Nigerian tyre companies and Japanese noodle brands won't want to be associated with the toxicity for much longer.

Not that I am enjoying their struggles as such, but to compare their plight with what happened to us is ridiculous
That’s not what I’m saying,after what we went through we should be more humble in how we react to others that are struggling

The fall from grace after ferguson was never going to be a surprise.

The spend level and decision making has been incredibly bad.

Once a great football team and club, now a franchise. Love it.

Their squad cost around £200m more than Liverpool's so you can't blame the board for not spending, you can blame them for not picking the correct Manager though.

Why would anyone enjoy their problems is beyond me,you would think our struggles over the last 8yrs and how the masses laughed at us,not for me I hope they get back to being a force in football again

It's not even remotely close to being the same.

Edit, just seen your clarification post.

Just because we've been through tough times though doesn't mean we can't laugh at others when they struggle. Especially when they've brought it all on themselves with a catalogue of bad decision making.

Furthermore, I think boycotting would cause the fans even more problems - the spare tickets would be snapped up by tourist fans who actually spend more on match days than regulars. Would probably end up benefitting the board if anything.

Fergie knew what he was doing getting out when he did.

It has been a downward spiral ever since.

Why would anyone enjoy their problems is beyond me,you would think our struggles over the last 8yrs and how the masses laughed at us,not for me I hope they get back to being a force in football again

Not really the same thing though is it?

They're a mess & their transfer strategy (if you can even call it that) is all over the place.

Giving Solskjær the permanent gig after the comeback win against PSG wasn't their finest moment either.

I’m not sure their fans can blame the Glazers. They have spent a fortune. Current squad cost £100M more than Liverpool if I’m not mistaken.

Woodward and OGS have to go based on that info. They need to start again. There in lies the problem with having American.owners unfamiliar with our game.

They need to bring in a strong figure to run the club who will hire the right DoF, the right manager and the right scouting team.

Only then will they have a chance in the EPL

Posted before was in the car and heard either on TalkSport or 5 live a debate about Man U. Usual stuff thats been covered in this thread but one thing said made my ears prick up. The stadium is looking old and needs work done and no such work has been done in a long time. Now a business in financial trouble generally stops internal spending. We all know that’s what happened to us. Now I don’t know if that’s true or not but that is a real warning if it is. Not my ‘team’ so not my concern but still an interesting point.

People forget that jose led them to 2nd in the league and won the Europa league. Obviously lost the dressing room and had the arguements with pogba but OLY has been pretty rotten since going permanent manager.

Football is cyclical and United will come back just like Liverpool are now. They went through it themselves after Busby, %^*& all in between him and SAF. It's the new generation of entitled "fans" who's lips are shaking.

Daft wankers wouldn't "give in" to Mina Raiola over Erling Haaland.

They have him £35m when they signed Pogba!!!

Wrong coaches both manure and arsenal. Arsenal could have got Rodgers yet people saying not big enough name who now taking leciester to 2nd possibly. Manure in big trouble as lot of debt, stadium is old and needing lot of work and team wages are huge, sanchez was on silly money yet never done anything.

They've been chopping and changing too much IMO.

Van Gaal won the FA Cup.

Mourinho won them a European trophy.

Ridiculous that when they finally do opt to stay with a manger it's Ole FFS.

Board are stuck in no man's land really... Squad needs investment but game by game they are losing faith in the manager though hesitant to sack him after preaching about giving him time.

No one really wins and will likely continue until Fans turn on OGS.

Fergie = attack minded football
Moyes = defensive monded
Van Gaal = all round dutch style and a bit defensive
Mourinho = Defensive style
Solskjaer = Just bloody hopless

The board employed the wrong managers who play the wrong style of manager for the Man U style game/fans. The fault firmly sits with the board. A Klopp/Gerrard style manager is who they should be employing to achieve the fergie football that brought them the success they had. Imho.

This sums it up perfectly, they had endless years of attacking football under fergie then went years being defensive. Dont think there is anyone capable of digging them out the downward spiral they have been on for years. Surprised they didnt opt for Ancelotti

Not sure why they are blaming the owners, I doubt some rich Americans who know very little about soccer are making the decisions on manager/transfer targets.

Amazing the amount of money they’ve spent and they still don’t have a midfield.

Sure, every team goes through such periods. This doesn't make it any less traumatic for their fans though. Guess what; fans are demanding, sometimes unreasonably so.

Back