Dens Park pitch passes inspection - game on 8pm Wednesday

So ( as I understand it) the post split fixtures won’t be released until Thursday at the earliest as “ sporting integrity” dictates that they need to know who is 5th and who is 6th

So if Dundee gets called off and rearranged for Perth next week, are they going to release them early or wait until next Thursday ?

They do like getting themselves in a right mess and no-one ever seems to plan ahead

So ( as I understand it) the post split fixtures won’t be released until Thursday at the earliest as “ sporting integrity” dictates that they need to know who is 5th and who is 6th

So if Dundee gets called off and rearranged for Perth next week, are they going to release them early or wait until next Thursday ?

They do like getting themselves in a right mess and no-one ever seems to plan ahead
It's not next week its Perth or Dundee tomorrow

If Dundee gets called off it goes ahead at Perth tomorrow night.

Fair number of spares now becoming available for tomorrow. No coincidence it comes after we may have blown our chances on Sunday now all of a sudden the glory hunters are punting their tickets left, right and centre
It may well be the uncertainty of it all.
Let’s face it a lot of guys will have travelled twice now and will be out of pocket.
They maybe can’t afford it, they might have other pre arranged plans or maybe they just don’t want dicked about by Dundee again

It may well be the uncertainty of it all.
Let’s face it a lot of guys will have travelled twice now and will be out of pocket.
They maybe can’t afford it, they might have other pre arranged plans or maybe they just don’t want dicked about by Dundee again
If that were the case they'd have sold their tickets after the last postponement though. Not after Sunday.

If getting a game postponed destabilises our season then we have bigger problems than just a rearranged game.

Yeah, only the 5 times it's happened this season.
I get that, and Dundee are a disgrace for allowing their pitch to get to such a state, but clearly the destabilising has worked a treat here.

Scheduling training to prepare for a game only for it to be called off twice won’t be good for the players, either physically or mentally so clearly we do have bigger problems if we can’t focus the mind properly.

We lost to Ross County, it’s knocked us off our stride and now all the hullabaloo over a called of game won’t matter now because the game will go ahead at Dens as planned regardless of the pitch condition.

I’m just wired to be cynical of the whole thing, as should we all. It’s not the first time the dogs and dirty tricks have been deployed against us, each time with negative effects on us. This is no different.

What time is this so called inspection due to take place

Guaranteed the game will now go ahead at Dens - no matter the condition of the park

They’ll say it can’t be played at dens, but then mention there has been significant improvements since last week and just a couple of areas that aren’t quite there yet. In order to protect the pitch and allow games to be played for rest of season the game will be moved to Perth

Classic and predictable spin

the length of time this is taking, Robertson is clearly not happy, probably says its not right but might be Ok by tomorrow, They will now be debating if they can have another inspection tomorrow

Is it just me thats thinking this?

Why the fook should we accept to play this game in Perth?

Surely 3 attempts should be game over and they forefeit the game?

It could be argued that Perths pitch is as bad as theirs

They’ll say it can’t be played at dens, but then mention there has been significant improvements since last week and just a couple of areas that aren’t quite there yet. In order to protect the pitch and allow games to be played for rest of season the game will be moved to Perth

Classic and predictable spin
I think the plan was always going to be to play it in Perth, we shall see though

Is it just me thats thinking this?

Why the fook should we accept to play this game in Perth?

Surely 3 attempts should be game over and they forefeit the game?

It could be argued that Perths pitch is as bad as theirs
This, the Perth pitch is the worst we have played on this season.

the length of time this is taking, Robertson is clearly not happy, probably says its not right but might be Ok by tomorrow, They will now be debating if they can have another inspection tomorrow
Or taking time to pass it before calling off tomorrow saying they were diligent on Tuesday and couldnt foresee the conditions deteriorating so badly.

Theyve covering all bases.

Surely a decision has to be made NOW.

Not “oh it’s passed and playable at the moment but another pitch inspection tomorrow 11am and possibly 3pm”

Sky have to setup.
Supporters buses have to know where they’re going.
Beverages/hot food etc ordered for the stadium the game is being played.
Etc.

This is an absolute farce.
Have an early inspection to allow teams and fans to prepare and yet the decision drags on.
SPFL...not fit for purpose!

Back