Statement supplied by Malcolm Murray

I don’t think I am alone in not understanding most of the shitstorm that went on in 2012 onwards,No doubt there were spivs in it for their own benefit but the in fighting by real Rangers men is a disappointing hangover from the whole episode.

But the point is that it has around £4million in shares and cash.

That’s also my point imagine it was run properly people being held to account get the correct people involved with experience and expertise in all areas and add transparency it would take off and folk like myself would’ve signed up in a heartbeat.

I find it uncomfortable that some of the folk running this have control of that amount of capital and shares.

I think the guy’s heart is in the right place.... I also think he was absolutely shafted by Green, Ahmed, et al.

Is he the right guy for C1872?

Well that’s for the membership to decide.
This is exactly right.

As I’ve said in other threads, he won’t get my vote because his judgment has been shown to be flawed and because I believe his association with that period makes him entirely unsuitable to represent the fans, the members of C1872. But if the membership disagree with my assessment t then they will vote for him and he’ll be their representative. That’s how a members organisation is supposed to work.

Equally, as I have also said, the choices are very very underwhelming so he may get voted in simply because he’s not one of the other two. But he’s put his head above the parapet and put himself forward, where I and many others haven’t, and deserves the chance to be voted for or against.

Just %^*& off, I’m not entirely sure how to offer a better articulated position on this. %^*& off.

It's probably nothing, but it is really bugging me.

Why is an ex-chairman only attending games via a bar72 ticket?

I mean surely if you had done an ounce of good work there would be a place for you via the club? He held the highest possible office at the club, in his own words he kept the lights on.

I really can't get my head around it. I find it bizarre and can't remember ever seeing anything like it?

I mean surely if you had done an ounce of good work there would be a place for you via the club? He held the highest possible office at the club, in his own words he kept the lights on.

I really can't get my head around it. I find it bizarre and can't remember ever seeing anything like it?
George Letham - one of our main shareholders and now a director prefers to be with his pals in Bar 72.

He regularly sat in Bar72 seats when he was chairman.

This is exactly right.

As I’ve said in other threads, he won’t get my vote because his judgment has been shown to be flawed and because I believe his association with that period makes him entirely unsuitable to represent the fans, the members of C1872. But if the membership disagree with my assessment t then they will vote for him and he’ll be their representative. That’s how a members organisation is supposed to work.

Equally, as I have also said, the choices are very very underwhelming so he may get voted in simply because he’s not one of the other two. But he’s put his head above the parapet and put himself forward, where I and many others haven’t, and deserves the chance to be voted for or against.
That's a very fair post. Some are playing the man and not the ball, in regards to his statement; your post can be disagreed with, but no one can conclude it isn't fair, the point your making.

I always ask myself what would I do in their shoes in these instances.

The answer is follow follow and enjoy being a fan. Maybe privately offer help to up and coming officials without less experience but it wouldn’t be stir up more bullshit and bad memories but getting back into the public fold.

Shouldn't he try to be a director of Rangers FC rather than be a director of a supporters' group? This is what I find odd.

Malcolm is a pretty humble guy and although he could easily afford to sit in the Thornton suite every week he prefers to be in the relaxed setting of bar72. He also comes up with his daughter so that’s another reason

It's difficult to work out who is right/wrong. Maybe DK needs to let us know the reasons for saying MM is unsuitable.
Dave King made a statement on MM. it is elsewhere on FF and was issued yesterday.
It is clear that DK felt Murray was acting in concert with the spivs to some extent.

What a stupid insulting comment about a guy who has never took a penny out of the Club and indeed personally paid a substantial sum to keep us going.
Guilty by association, the Easdales could also make claims Iike this and how would we know any different

Am I right in saying that he is an acquaintance of, or pally with, Alan Brazil through frequenting the same London wine bar? Brazil would often claim our finances were not in good shape from an in the know source. Thought at the time it might be Murray and maybe makes sense with the dislike him and King have of each other.

George Letham - one of our main shareholders and now a director prefers to be with his pals in Bar 72.

I understand that actually, if I could get enough tickets I’d do the same for bar 72 or in the stands. I have one season ticket and the rest in hospitality. Will sound mental to people on here but I’ve still never used hospitality and give it away for the company. It feels to much like work, Ibrox to me anyway is about meeting mates and family in the boozers beforehand, or not, and going to the game like I always have.

Dave King made a statement on MM. it is elsewhere on FF and was issued yesterday.
It is clear that DK felt Murray was acting in concert with the spivs to some extent.
DK knows fine well MM was never working in concert with the spivs ffs.

MM and Walter were allies on the board against the Spivs and MM along with Paul Murray,Alex Harvey & Scott Murdoch were put up as the 4 requisitioners by Jim McColl at the 2013 AGM.

I’d also add it was MM & McCoist that point blank refused to let them strip our titles in the summer of 2012.

I was not going to post on this again but I agree 100% with you mate.

It's the sole reason we're where we are today, King taking us of the stock exchange where anybody could buy in and do what they wanted.

It confirms the bs coming from MM.
If people can’t see what king has done for us by now, and Malcolm bringing up he didn’t get paid or expenses as committed he’s making it worse for himself. As I said earlier, he needs to step away from this.

I will uphold Struthian values :D

How staunch. Not as staunch as being complicit in some of the onerous contracts though
I've used the little staunchometer picture too often in the past few days on people telling us they won't be watching Scotland but this probably deserves another outing.

EBema4bXsAYfTaS.jpg

I was not going to post on this again but I agree 100% with you mate.

It's the sole reason we're where we are today, King taking us of the stock exchange where anybody could buy in and do what they wanted.

It confirms the bs coming from MM.
That's hardly a valid point, either realistically or historically, or am I forgetting something? At what point did being on the SE prove particularly detrimental?

DK knows fine well MM was never working in concert with the spivs ffs.

MM and Walter were allies on the board against the Spivs and MM along with Paul Murray,Alex Harvey & Scott Murdoch were put up as the 4 requisitioners by Jim McColl at the 2013 AGM.

I’d also add it was MM & McCoist that point blank refused to let them strip our titles in the summer of 2012.
Well can you explain why Dave King said the following yesterday:…

I’m surprised firstly that Malcolm put his name forward, quite frankly. Because I just can’t imagine why supporters would vote for someone who was Charles Green’s man, who was the chairman of the club at a time when these Sports Direct contracts were entered into. He was chairman of the club when they delivered it into the hands of Mike Ashley.
"All of the contracts we inherited and the fights we’ve had with Sports Direct - and continue to have on a residual basis as well - all these shocking contracts that were put in place at a time when Malcolm Murray was chairman of the club, working for Charles Green at the time.

"In addition, Malcolm Murray was a negative in all of the dealings I had in regime change and trying to get institutions on board.
"A lot of the work that Malcolm was doing behind the scenes was counter-productive to all of my efforts.
"I regard Malcolm Murray, in my dealings with him, as not a person to be associated with Rangers Football Club in any way whatsoever.
"I think he would be very negative. The supporters must decide, it’s their decision. But I would be very surprised, given his history, if any supporter would vote for him."

I don’t think I am alone in not understanding most of the shitstorm that went on in 2012 onwards,No doubt there were spivs in it for their own benefit but the in fighting by real Rangers men is a disappointing hangover from the whole episode.
Agreed.

Ask yourself a key question if green and Amran asked you to get involved and front up investor credibility, engage the likes of the easdales et al. Would you have taken the job?

I would seriously question the wisdom of any Club1872 members who vote for Mr Murray. I certainly will not be. Quite simply, his association with the previous board is so toxic as to be immediately disqualifying, for me. I'd go so far as to say that I simply don't care what he has to say.

Even if you think his credentials are above reproach, and even if you think he is not to blame for the onerous contracts which severely hampered the club and the current board in particular, and even if you think he would be a positive influence in securing funding for Club1872, you have to accept the reality that he would turn off so many existing and potential future members of Club1872 as to be a self defeating appointment. Pointless, needless drama.

It is cringe inducing
I'll never forget the image of him on a news interview rummaging around in his trouser pocket for his season ticket to show how much of a fan he was.

Whether he's a good guy or not, there's something inherently uncomfortable about things like this as displays of staunchness that is just of-putting.

I am truly sick and tired of all the tedious bullshit that continually emanates from people who profess to have our clubs interests at heart-and to be honest that even includes DK getting involved in pointless mud-slinging about a democratic process. And I never thought I’d criticise him for anything.

One thing I’ll say regarding MM. I think it’s a tad harsh to criticise him for not getting the better of a boardroom battle.
Dave King for one, an experienced multi-millionaire businessman and no stranger to a battle or two has had enough rings run round him in court by this fat parasitical bastard to surely testify that nothing is ever that straight forward when it comes to boardroom machinations.

Is Malcolm getting involved to somehow get back at King? Hmmmm. Who knows?

I cast my mind back to the Grosvenor, he came across poorly that night but shared a platform with Paul Murray. In fact, the only people who spoke that night who were really plausible were Paul and Nacho.

I think he'll have a very tough time if elected as he'll be a minority of one v four. It's not the way I would have done it.
Shouldn't Malcolm address this situation. It's a waste of everyone's time if he is elected then resigns when he realizes he can't change anything. I'd like to know what his plan is to unite directors, and that no matter what he's in it to the end.
To be honest I don't think he can be anything other than a director who is looking to oust other directors aligned to DK. As DK's directors will be looking to get rid of him, if he is elected.
The members need honesty on what the intentions of every potential director are, and if there will even be any effort put into conflict resolution.
I feel right now Malcolm, if elected, will need major backing from members over the other directors. It's basically a choice between a DK led Club 1872, or a democratic Club 1872 led by directors adhering to the original charter. If this is what we are voting for then all the candidates better have persuasive cases.

Back