Statement supplied by Malcolm Murray

That's hardly a valid point, either realistically or historically, or am I forgetting something? At what point did being on the SE prove particularly detrimental?
Your forgetting the people who got the shares, after we were floated. Some of which still don't have any voting rights due to not disclosing who they really are.

Dave King and others saved our club. I would listen to what he has to say about MM.

Well can you explain why Dave King said the following yesterday:…

I’m surprised firstly that Malcolm put his name forward, quite frankly. Because I just can’t imagine why supporters would vote for someone who was Charles Green’s man, who was the chairman of the club at a time when these Sports Direct contracts were entered into. He was chairman of the club when they delivered it into the hands of Mike Ashley.
"All of the contracts we inherited and the fights we’ve had with Sports Direct - and continue to have on a residual basis as well - all these shocking contracts that were put in place at a time when Malcolm Murray was chairman of the club, working for Charles Green at the time.

"In addition, Malcolm Murray was a negative in all of the dealings I had in regime change and trying to get institutions on board.
"A lot of the work that Malcolm was doing behind the scenes was counter-productive to all of my efforts.
"I regard Malcolm Murray, in my dealings with him, as not a person to be associated with Rangers Football Club in any way whatsoever.
"I think he would be very negative. The supporters must decide, it’s their decision. But I would be very surprised, given his history, if any supporter would vote for him."
Because the pair don’t get on and DK wants to prevent him getting on the Club1872 board.

And by the way it’s got f**k all to do with DK who gets on the board unless he’s an actual member.

That’s also my point imagine it was run properly people being held to account get the correct people involved with experience and expertise in all areas and add transparency it would take off and folk like myself would’ve signed up in a heartbeat.

I find it uncomfortable that some of the folk running this have control of that amount of capital and shares.
In my mind, to get it run without emotion then you run it like a business and you probably don’t have it run exclusively by Rangers fans.. at that point a lot of punters don’t want to know.

Which leaves us with fan-run initiatives or programmes that end up being subject to emotional or long-seated bickering between factions.

As a group of people, we are just not able for fan representation, never mind ownership.

I would seriously question the wisdom of any Club1872 members who vote for Mr Murray. I certainly will not be. Quite simply, his association with the previous board is so toxic as to be immediately disqualifying, for me. I'd go so far as to say that I simply don't care what he has to say.

Even if you think his credentials are above reproach, and even if you think he is not to blame for the onerous contracts which severely hampered the club and the current board in particular, and even if you think he would be a positive influence in securing funding for Club1872, you have to accept the reality that he would turn off so many existing and potential future members of Club1872 as to be a self defeating appointment. Pointless, needless drama.
And yet we(Rangers supporting share holders/the RST)all voted to put him on the board to oust the Spivs as a requisitioner at the 2013 AGM..

Because the pair don’t get on and DK wants to prevent him getting on the Club1872 board.

And by the way it’s got f**k all to do with DK who gets on the board unless he’s an actual member.
How has it got nothing to do with Dave King when c1872 are actively looking to acquire his shareholding.

'During the difficult summer of 2012 I paid a substantial electricity bill which literally kept the lights on at Auchenhowie and Ibrox'

Point 1: if true, and I believe it is, full credit to him

Point 2: why the FUÇK, nearly 10 years later, is he highlighting this and dragging bullshit phrases like 'keep the lights on' back in the public domain.
We are champions of Scotland, heading for possible CL football. There is no need whatsover to hark back to ancient history like this. Not one for saying it but stuff like this is a gift to the reptile fans at a time of disaster for them.

With the greatest respect mate. Hes entitled to defend himself.

Tbh though, where i get lost in all of this is - if you know you are a divisive figure among the support, why get involved again? I respect his business accomplishments, but honestly if you truly have the clubs best interests at heart. Take a step back. If you feel you can help, offer advice by all means, but get yourself out the firing line and let someone whos untainted in the eyes of the support step forward.

I dont believe MM is a bad person. I think he has genuinely tried his best for the club, but we dont need anymore division. He should maybe reflect on that and step back. Its nothing personal against the guy, but now is the time for unity and progress.

Your forgetting the people who got the shares, after we were floated. Some of which still don't have any voting rights due to not disclosing who they really are.

Dave King and others saved our club. I would listen to what he has to say about MM.
My point was about the SE per, bearing in mind the challenge of finances etc.

'During the difficult summer of 2012 I paid a substantial electricity bill which literally kept the lights on at Auchenhowie and Ibrox'

Point 1: if true, and I believe it is, full credit to him

Point 2: why the FUÇK, nearly 10 years later, is he highlighting this and dragging bullshit phrases like 'keep the lights on' back in the public domain.
We are champions of Scotland, heading for possible CL football. There is no need whatsover to hark back to ancient history like this. Not one for saying it but stuff like this is a gift to the reptile fans at a time of disaster for them.
So you admit that he kept the lights on, but you don't want him to mention it,when he is getting lambasted by people who think they know exactly what happened.

I don’t trust anyone who actively seeks to be involved in supporters groups.
I know some well-meaning people who have done it and I applaud them.
Our club would be in a hell of a state and we wouldn’t be celebrating 55 without people putting themselves out there like that.

At the same time.... I struggle to understand why anyone would put themselves in the position of such scrutiny or in the path of such animosity from fellow Rangers supporters. It looks like a viper’s nest from the outside.

In my mind, to get it run without emotion then you run it like a business and you probably don’t have it run exclusively by Rangers fans.. at that point a lot of punters don’t want to know.

Which leaves us with fan-run initiatives or programmes that end up being subject to emotional or long-seated bickering between factions.

As a group of people, we are just not able for fan representation, never mind ownership.

Pay some of the most qualified people and run it like that and we can still have genuine fans on boards and what not. Right now it’s a closed shop imo but if you pay in and are a member you should have the right to put yourself forward to be elected into the board. Let the members decide who is qualified for what positions and in doing that brings accountability and transparency and totally democratic.

I disagree in respect of Dk having a say as to who is on the C1872 board given that he has currently got a deal for C1872 to sell his shares.
If he does not trust the people running C1872, he may feel unable to continue to offer them for sale through that outlet.
That could put the aim of fan ownership of sufficient shares in jeopardy in future and cause long term damage.
It is clear he does not trust MM.

DK is agreeing to sell his shareholding to Club1872 NOT Laura Fawkes & Chris Graham!

Who members vote to sit on the board is not DK’s business.Its the business of the members.
And presumably Murray would be a barrier to that eventuality being a central plank of the CIC’s campaign for continuing investment, no?

I disagree in respect of Dk having a say as to who is on the C1872 board given that he has currently got a deal for C1872 to sell his shares.
If he does not trust the people running C1872, he may feel unable to continue to offer them for sale through that outlet.
That could put the aim of fan ownership of sufficient shares in jeopardy in future and cause long term damage.
It is clear he does not trust MM.
Club1872 is an independent supporter fan ownership organisation.Its board members are elected by the paying membership.Its not for DK to decide.

Pay some of the most qualified people and run it like that and we can still have genuine fans on boards and what not. Right now it’s a closed shop imo but if you pay in and are a member you should have the right to put yourself forward to be elected into the board. Let the members decide who is qualified for what positions and in doing that brings accountability and transparency and totally democratic.
“I’m not lining the pocket of x”....
“ how do we know they’ll act in the club’s interests when they support ABC FC?”...

I think your idea makes perfect sense, and I can’t understand the horrors that people have about people being paid in some way to facilitate or run such a function but football supporters, Rangers supporters specifically here seem to take great offence at the thought of outsiders being involved.

And presumably Murray would be a barrier to that eventuality being a central plank of the CIC’s campaign for continuing investment, no?
Why?DK either believes in fan ownership or he doesn’t.It wouldn’t say very much for him if he suddenly pulled out considering all he’s said because of 1 elected director he doesn’t like.

The tail cannot wag the dog.

Malcolm is a pretty humble guy and although he could easily afford to sit in the Thornton suite every week he prefers to be in the relaxed setting of bar72. He also comes up with his daughter so that’s another reason
I met him and his daughter at the 2016 cup final. He didnt give much away but said then he was bound by legal action and it would be a long road to get rid of the spivs and Ashley.

Email timed at 17.22.

It lacks dignity for a Rangers Director to insult anyone. I will uphold Struthian values and stick to facts.

Fact 1
I was recommended by blue chip institutions to join Rangers Board because of my success at Man U and good investment record. They and the Stock Exchange are rigorous on fit and proper testing and flotation would not have been possible without someone of my background. They followed on to invest. I tried to bring in other quality directors but met with stiff opposition. My objective at this traumatic time was to get us into a league and then to raise money.

Fact 2
I joined despite Green not because of him. This is well known to many big shareholders, past and current and to those who fought with me for regime change.

Fact 3
During the difficult summer of 2012 I paid a substantial electricity bill which literally kept the lights on at Auchenhowie and Ibrox. Green could not be found. I stayed in hotels most of that summer at my own expense and gave up other roles to help save our Club.

Fact 4
It is very hard for anyone from outside to imagine the level of devious behaviour and obfuscation that I and my lone ally Walter Smith had to deal with.

Fact 5
I refused several of Green and Ashley associates Board positions but eventually it became impossible and I had to fight it from the outside. I spent considerable sums on legal and other expenses on these campaigns which were costly and dangerous.

Fact 6
I commissioned an independent QC report into Green and Whyte activities. This led to personal attacks on me. Further comment on this is constrained by legal matters.

Fact 7
I took no compensation during my tenure despite many offers and contrary to unfounded social media comments.

Fact 8
I consistently favoured stock exchange funding which provides more transparency. This did not suit Dave King.

Fact 9
Recent revelations, notably from the Reverend MacQuarrie show that Club 1872 requires reformation and proper transparency. Dave King’s shares are not the important issue.

The club needs finance now to keep momentum up and there is much confusion from Club 1872 regarding share prices, new capital vs old and due diligence.

This is where I can help.

The debate on share ownership vs donation has to take place and I would have all members at Ibrox for a meeting to discuss these issues

Truth and justice are with me and I urge all members to back me with a single vote as the only candidate who will make positive changes

Despite recent media I will not be intimidated out of this.
Dave King isn’t a Director

I don’t trust anyone who actively seeks to be involved in supporters groups.
This is where I'm heading.

Every single fans group of the last few years has ended up falling apart with most of the same "leaders" ending up pointing fingers at each other.

It's totally sickening and right now the only folks in any positions of influence I feel I can trust are the businessmen who saved us in 2015 and the businessmen who run us in 2021.

This messageboard in the last few days has been a Tim wet dream.

I don’t want anyone from THEY days anywhere near our club no matter what, love us then take a back seat and enjoy rather than trying to leech in on the glory

“I’m not lining the pocket of x”....
“ how do we know they’ll act in the club’s interests when they support ABC FC?”...

I think your idea makes perfect sense, and I can’t understand the horrors that people have about people being paid in some way to facilitate or run such a function but football supporters, Rangers supporters specifically here seem to take great offence at the thought of outsiders being involved.

I think it’s the only way to recover the situation I can see folk stopping their weekly monthly payments if it continues on this path sadly.

Time to get it run properly or lose all credibility.

Club1872 is an independent supporter fan ownership organisation.Its board members are elected by the paying membership.Its not for DK to decide.
That maybe the case but if the election pf MM leads to DK withdrawing his offer to allow C1872 to purchase his shares, I suspect most would feel it would be a bad outcome for both C1872 and Rangers.
King may decide he has had enough if MM is elected and offload to someone we would rather not have his shares
The potential risk involved, however remote, means that MM will not be getting my vote.

Really depresses me the way our support, as tremendous as it is, is so fractured and divided.
A strong united support, at a time when Rangers can really dominate the game up here again would do even more good for the club.
Instead we have this constant sniping and whining behind the scenes.
i just wish everyone can put all their differences to the side and pull together for the sake of the common denominator. The club we all love

That maybe the case but if the election pf MM leads to DK withdrawing his offer to allow C1872 to purchase his shares, I suspect most would feel it would be a bad outcome for both C1872 and Rangers.
King may decide he has had enough if MM is elected and offload to someone we would rather not have his shares
The potential risk involved, however remote, means that MM will not be getting my vote.
Let’s be brutally honest mate,the DK/Club1872 proposal isn’t going to happen in a month of Sunday’s.

As for DK selling his shares to “someone we would rather not”,that’s on his head and for his conscience.

There's too much invested in Club 1872 to see it fail. There's a monumental task on here and it looks like the members will need all the help they can get to get it back on track. I'd prefer to see MM go forward as part of a coalition which has more of a chance of doing this.

Fed up with all this pish.

Ideal scenario would be to start a fresh, with an entirely democratic system in place.
We did that with Club1872. The organisation needs a few board members replaced that's all. Members are monitoring governance. We're crying out to do it all the time after what happened to Rangers. We didn't start afresh with a new Rangers, we changed the people with the control.

Why?DK either believes in fan ownership or he doesn’t.It wouldn’t say very much for him if he suddenly pulled out considering all he’s said because of 1 elected director he doesn’t like.

The tail cannot wag the dog.
How many people can King sell to? Would King prefer his shareholding to be controlled by fans or another well intentioned bluenose or group of bluenoses?

Either way, Dave wants some of his dough back. Otherwise why not gift his shares to C1872 or another fans group for that matter? Are there barriers to this possibly coming to pass? I’m not qualified to say.

If Murray gets on the CIC board and persuades the membership to vote down or change the stated intention to channel member subscriptions to buy King’s shares as opposed to something else, surely that would be something that King would have a keen interest in?

DK may well hold fan ownership dear regardless of his shareholding. Would there be opposition to a fan’s group having too significant a say in how the company (RIFC) is run? I’d be amazed if that wasn’t a privately held viewpoint.

I could be wrong though. Maybe the board are all about C1872 having a greater say? The recent new equity announcement may well suggest otherwise though.

Really depresses me the way our support, as tremendous as it is, is so fractured and divided.
A strong united support, at a time when Rangers can really dominate the game up here again would do even more good for the club.
Instead we have this constant sniping and whining behind the scenes.
i just wish everyone can put all their differences to the side and pull together for the sake of the common denominator. The club we all love
It’s almost as if some people have agendas and want it that way at the moment. People would do well to remember that on these threads before scrambling to pick sides. Two sides to every story.

As individuals we need to see past this crap, grow membership and use our votes to get the leadership we want instead of getting caught up in the latest conspiracy theory.

Utterly depressing to see people behave this way.

I love King and will forever be grateful to what he’s done for us and though he may fully be correct with regards to Murray, I don’t like his fondness to always go public with his opinion.

Surely there were middlemen that he could’ve spoken to, to arrange an online 1-2-1 to straighten out concerns he had from his previous involvement at the club? Also where Murray does make a valid point is the current state of C1872.

I don’t want this to look like I’m on Murray’s side, just that there are valid questions and criticisms to be made of King’s recent actions.

It’s almost as if some people have agendas and want it that way at the moment. People would do well to remember that on these threads before scrambling to pick sides. Two sides to every story.

As individuals we need to see past this crap, grow membership and use our votes to get the leadership we want instead of getting caught up in the latest conspiracy theory.

Utterly depressing to see people behave this way.
Agree there is always two sides to a story and without a doubt there is lots we the fans will never find out, I’m loathe to take sides in these things, so will keep my counsel and refrain from jumping on that particular bandwagon.

I have to say, I don’t recall having any ill-feeling towards him and also remember a concerted effort by the spivs to discredit him including a video of him being drunk.

While I think moving forward is the most important thing, some of the posts on this thread are poor.

I don’t doubt that there is a lot of truth in what Murray says but why would we want anyone involved in that spell back involved now?

I appreciate much of it wasn’t his fault but it’s time to move on. Good people like Gilligan, Paul Murray and King have done their bit in getting us back and moved on when the time was right.

I’d also note that there isn’t much Dave King has called wrong in recent times, so if he’s questioning this then it’s worth taking note.

If he is voted in, i hope many fans stop paying to Club1872. The idea he is one of the good guys is laughable.
If you know this and have facts to back it up I think you should make it known to all concerned.

Just to be clear I have nothing against this guy and I am very grateful for what he did regarding paying the bills etc. but there has to be something bad happening in the back ground if all this muck is being raked up.

I am in DK's corner at present and would like to know what's going on.

We huv tae know.

This is where I'm heading.

Every single fans group of the last few years has ended up falling apart with most of the same "leaders" ending up pointing fingers at each other.

It's totally sickening and right now the only folks in any positions of influence I feel I can trust are the businessmen who saved us in 2015 and the businessmen who run us in 2021.

This messageboard in the last few days has been a Tim wet dream.
As a football club we're in a great place. Leave it to the professionals and enjoy 55 and beyond IMO.

Back