Statement supplied by Malcolm Murray

mdingwall

Administrator
Email timed at 17.22.

It lacks dignity for a Rangers Director to insult anyone. I will uphold Struthian values and stick to facts.

Fact 1
I was recommended by blue chip institutions to join Rangers Board because of my success at Man U and good investment record. They and the Stock Exchange are rigorous on fit and proper testing and flotation would not have been possible without someone of my background. They followed on to invest. I tried to bring in other quality directors but met with stiff opposition. My objective at this traumatic time was to get us into a league and then to raise money.

Fact 2
I joined despite Green not because of him. This is well known to many big shareholders, past and current and to those who fought with me for regime change.

Fact 3
During the difficult summer of 2012 I paid a substantial electricity bill which literally kept the lights on at Auchenhowie and Ibrox. Green could not be found. I stayed in hotels most of that summer at my own expense and gave up other roles to help save our Club.

Fact 4
It is very hard for anyone from outside to imagine the level of devious behaviour and obfuscation that I and my lone ally Walter Smith had to deal with.

Fact 5
I refused several of Green and Ashley associates Board positions but eventually it became impossible and I had to fight it from the outside. I spent considerable sums on legal and other expenses on these campaigns which were costly and dangerous.

Fact 6
I commissioned an independent QC report into Green and Whyte activities. This led to personal attacks on me. Further comment on this is constrained by legal matters.

Fact 7
I took no compensation during my tenure despite many offers and contrary to unfounded social media comments.

Fact 8
I consistently favoured stock exchange funding which provides more transparency. This did not suit Dave King.

Fact 9
Recent revelations, notably from the Reverend MacQuarrie show that Club 1872 requires reformation and proper transparency. Dave King’s shares are not the important issue.

The club needs finance now to keep momentum up and there is much confusion from Club 1872 regarding share prices, new capital vs old and due diligence.

This is where I can help.

The debate on share ownership vs donation has to take place and I would have all members at Ibrox for a meeting to discuss these issues

Truth and justice are with me and I urge all members to back me with a single vote as the only candidate who will make positive changes

Despite recent media I will not be intimidated out of this.

'During the difficult summer of 2012 I paid a substantial electricity bill which literally kept the lights on at Auchenhowie and Ibrox'

Point 1: if true, and I believe it is, full credit to him

Point 2: why the FUÇK, nearly 10 years later, is he highlighting this and dragging bullshit phrases like 'keep the lights on' back in the public domain.
We are champions of Scotland, heading for possible CL football. There is no need whatsover to hark back to ancient history like this. Not one for saying it but stuff like this is a gift to the reptile fans at a time of disaster for them.

What it the worst damage he can do from C1872 if he turns out to be a bad actor? I always thought C1872 was set up to be easily reformed by a majority if that majority felt it needed it.
I think he'll have a very tough time if elected as he'll be a minority of one v four. It's not the way I would have done it.

One thing I will say in support of Malcolm Murray, and I don’t really agree with anyone voting for him despite his notable experience and knowledge in the finance game, is that when Stockbridge filmed him bevvied, you just knew that he was going to get shafted and punted out the door for his behaviour.

My main gripe would be that he’s one of the old faces, he was part of the spivs (whether he likes it or not) and he was there with them, rightly or wrongly. I would rather we didn’t have anybody related to them in anyway shape or form being involved in the club, directly or indirectly.

It’s not a good look right now when we should be riding the crest of a wave.

C1872 comes along and wants to smash that happy bubble up.

'During the difficult summer of 2012 I paid a substantial electricity bill which literally kept the lights on at Auchenhowie and Ibrox'

Point 1: if true, and I believe it is, full credit to him

Point 2: why the FUÇK, nearly 10 years later, is he highlighting this and dragging bullshit phrases like 'keep the lights on' back in the oublic domain.
We are champions of Scotland, heading for possible CL football. There is no need whatsover to hark back to ancient history like this. Not one for saying it but stuff like this is a gift to the reptile fans at a time of disaster for them.
Unless you missed the other thread, posters demanded to know the truth and cited his silence as reason to find him guilty. He issues a statement and you find his need to issue a statement as suspicious. So in reality, the fella is sort of phucked either way.

I don't believe he does - otherwise he would have gone in with a running mate. There are two positions up for grabs.

And the people running Club1872 want you to vote for the other 2 candidates for those positions not Murray.

It's difficult to work out who is right/wrong. Maybe DK needs to let us know the reasons for saying MM is unsuitable.
If you can't work it out for yourself then being spoon fed probably won't help.

Unless you missed the other thread, posters demanded to know the truth and cited his silence as reason to find him guilty. He issues a statement and you find his need to issue a statement as suspicious. So in reality, the fella is sort of phucked either way.
I just don't understand his reasons for re-emerging into the public domain.
I'm not particularly bothered by him as a person either way, though I think the perception of him is tainted, unfairly or not.

Correct me if I’m wrong. After he resigned from the Board did someone do an exclusive interview with him which was published on here. Not sure if it was one of the posters on here or was it Craig Houston. Maybe someone will remember

I have seen him often in Bar 72, I assume he still has a season ticket and attends regularly with his daughter. I spoke to him once and you could tell he was passionate about the team.

I got the impression at the time he was Chairman that he was a good guy, a Rangers man who took on the position to do what he could, when in reality he was fighting a losing battle against the crooks who had control. Guilt by association is not fair in this instance in my opinion.

Obviously him and King have a strong dislike for each other, it doesn't mean one is a Rangers man and the other is not.

I back the guy, and I am also forever grateful to King for what he did to get the club back.

Guessing he wrote that himself?

Reads like a Facebook rant!

I have no idea whose side to take so I’m just going to watch from the sides.

Reactions: TQ3
I don’t trust anyone with club 1872 that’s why I didn’t sign up we all knew where it would end up and it’s exactly there now. Self interest of some poisoning the rest and when it’s rotten it’s a busted flush and can’t be recovered.

Great idea great funds been put in but no accountability and a severe lack of transparency.

I don’t trust anyone with club 1872 that’s why I didn’t sign up we all knew where it would end up and it’s exactly there now. Self interest of some poisoning the rest and when it’s rotten it’s a busted flush and can’t be recovered.

Great idea great funds been put in but no accountability and a severe lack of transparency.
But the point is that it has around £4million in shares and cash.

Back