Stateside games Paramount +?

So help me out… what am I going to get?

I have a full cable subscription and the Paramount $5.99 a month subscription.

Will I see our games past the first two?

So living in Scotland however I have family In Canada

what subscription do I need to take out to get all rangers games

I can use my families address in Canada when signing up

Also can you use a UK bank account or will I use a Canadian one

Thanks

I've looked into this more and it seems as if the CBS Sports Network is owned by the same company, but from the subscription perspective it's unrelated to Paramount Plus.

To get CBS SN it appears you either need cable or to sign up for one of the more expensive streaming subscriptions that include live TV - Fubo, Hulu's live tv bundle, Sling and so on. Those are all in the region of $50+ per month.

The division of games up till September looks very much like Rangers games are mostly being allocated exclusively to the premium channel, which is CBS SN. So unfortunately for us Paramount+ subscribers, unless there are any changes to the schedule then we're getting Livi on Saturday then no more Rangers games till at least the end of September. Which, as our American friends like to say, sucks.
Agree that was my take looking this morning. The plus point is you will get all champions league games including qualifiers, and Europa league games on Paramount+. Looks like you will also get the League Cup games too.

I’ve set it up on my firestick now with the app and can go on a short holiday to watch. At £3.60 a month, not bad.

We’ll soon find out, but I expect all games to be on paramount- even if they are on the sports network

Can any US bears help me understand how this works? Will ALL games be accessible on the Paramount+ app or only a select few? E.g. the game against Celtic on 28 August is listed as on CBS Sports Network. Will you still be able to watch on Paramount+ or will it be a different app and subscription for that?

EDIT: On second reading I think you get CBS SN from the $9.99 package but not the $4.99 package, is that right?
I have the Paramount Plus subscription, which allows you to select from multiple streams to play - eg when Europa games are on you click on that section and can pick from any of the live games. However I don’t believe the CBS Sports Network is available to stream from Paramount Plus app. The CBS Sports Network is a separate cable Tv channel. I’m hoping that the games from The CBS Sports Network (cable channel) is also available to stream on the Paramount Plus app, but not sure on that one. I guess we will see.
I've looked into this more and it seems as if the CBS Sports Network is owned by the same company, but from the subscription perspective it's unrelated to Paramount Plus.

To get CBS SN it appears you either need cable or to sign up for one of the more expensive streaming subscriptions that include live TV - Fubo, Hulu's live tv bundle, Sling and so on. Those are all in the region of $50+ per month.

The division of games up till September looks very much like Rangers games are mostly being allocated exclusively to the premium channel, which is CBS SN. So unfortunately for us Paramount+ subscribers, unless there are any changes to the schedule then we're getting Livi on Saturday then no more Rangers games till at least the end of September. Which, as our American friends like to say, sucks.

I have a youtube TV subscription, I'm not sure if I get CBS Sports on that, I know I get NBC Sports. I need to check at the weekend, I'll let you know what I find out.

Anyone know if paramount+ is showing the Malmö game ? As rather give them the money than premier sports

Agree that was my take looking this morning. The plus point is you will get all champions league games including qualifiers, and Europa league games on Paramount+. Looks like you will also get the League Cup games too.

I’ve set it up on my firestick now with the app and can go on a short holiday to watch. At £3.60 a month, not bad.
I think I already paid a full year when they launched it and got it for $35 or something ridiculous with a promotion. Definitely worth it for the European competitions alone. Just need to look somewhere else for our league games - unless they do feature our games more often after September.

I paid the extra money to not get adverts. Well worth it IMHO.

Edit: costs me $11.03 a month.

I was able to watch all our EL games last season on Paramount. It says they are showing all the CL and EL matches this season so I assume we will get the Rangers matches.

Doing a quick google and it says they have SPFL rights and are listing the Livi game and the Dundee Utd. one but nothing beyond that. So we will have to wait and see.

Last edited:

I was able to watch all our EL games last season on Paramount. It says they are showing all the CL and EL matches this season so I assume we will get the Rangers matches.

Doing a quick google and it says they have SPFL rights and are listing the Livi game and the Dundee Utd. one but nothing beyond that. So we will have to wait and see.
I'm good not paying anything extra!
I already have full cable/internet at $250 a month, ESPN+ at $5, Paramount at $5, Netflix at $14... bloody expensive thing this watching tele!!

I'm good not paying anything extra!
I already have full cable/internet at $250 a month, ESPN+ at $5, Paramount at $5, Netflix at $14... bloody expensive thing this watching tele!!

We have DirectTv in Arizona which is expensive. Seriously thinking about ditching it and going streaming only.

Xfinity at our Massachusetts house is about what you are paying which isn't too bad. I can watch Paramount in Arizona and Massachusetts and I also set it up at my daughter's place in Brooklyn. All on the same subscription.

We have DirectTv in Arizona which is expensive. Seriously thinking about ditching it and going streaming only.
We stream only given the cost and, as importantly, the flexibility of being able to watch on different devices and locations.

YouTube TV - $65 per month; Disney-ESPN-Hulu package around $12; Netflix, Amazon Prime (with additional kids channel) and RTV. I'll add Paramount once we get to the group stages of European competition.

In addition, an Express VPN ($100 annual).

Is there any streaming package that gives all the premiership games? I forgot I also have Peacock for $5.99 a month so I don't miss the games that are on that platform.

To watch everything I need cable, Peacock and Paramount. We had Fubo at one point but it didn't show either the NBC or NBCSN games, can't remember which.

Does any of the Hulu, Fubo, YouTube, Disney packages give the Peacock games?

A bonus for Paramount+ is that they've been showing a lot of Europa League and Conference qualifying games. Games that dont normally show up on tv.

We've got Zilina v Apollon Limassol, Aris Thessalonika v Astana and Dunajska v Partizan this afternoon, who could resist that?

Another added bonus is it's got Star Trek Picard.

Edit: costs me $11.03 a month.

Full schedule for Aug and Sep at the bottom of this Press Release

I dumped cable about a year ago, I now have youtube TV at $69.70/ month, that's my only live TV which gets me NBC for the Premiership, (other than Peacock) and ESPN which gets me F1. I've just added Paramount Plus, basic, which got me the game at the weekend. The only thing I'm not sure whether I have or not is CBS Sports, doesn't look like it scrolling through my youtube channels, if not I'll up the Paramount Plus subscription before the OF game.

According to the channel line up I should already have CBS sports, I guess it's never had anything I would watch before

Last edited:
The above poster is correct about there being no TV in Canada for Rangers games. RTV for me by the looks of things.

I dumped cable about a year ago, I now have youtube TV at $69.70/ month, that's my only live TV which gets me NBC for the Premiership, (other than Peacock) and ESPN which gets me F1. I've just added Paramount Plus, basic, which got me the game at the weekend. The only thing I'm not sure whether I have or not is CBS Sports, doesn't look like it scrolling through my youtube channels, if not I'll up the Paramount Plus subscription before the OF game.

According to the channel line up I should already have CBS sports, I guess it's never had anything I would watch before
I don’t think upping paramount plus subscription will get you the OF game. The OF game is on CBS Sports only as far as I am aware. I don’t think you can get that through Paramount+

I don’t think upping paramount plus subscription will get you the OF game. The OF game is on CBS Sports only as far as I am aware. I don’t think you can get that through Paramount+

According to the youtube channel line up, I should already have CBS Sports, I've scrolled through the channels and didn't see it. As an aside, I got the wife to sing up to paramount+, it's her Amazon account we use on the firestick. I wasn't able to see the game through Amazon Prime app, had to log on to the P+ app to get it. TV is becoming more and more confusing.

This is the conclusion I've come to as well. To get CBS Sports Network, seems you need to have cable or one of the more expensive (ie (the ones that are $65/month or thereabouts) streaming subscriptions like Fubo, Hulu's Live TV package, Sling etc. And @ChrisWoods it does look like your YouTube TV should include it.

So for those of us who previously had ESPN+, which had Rangers on most weeks last season, this move to Paramount+ isn't looking great based on the league schedule released so far. P+ still the place to follow our European games of course. Reckon I might be looking at RTV for the league games though. Expensive compared with ESPN+ and P+, but a bargain compared with what I'd need to spend to get cable, Fubo etc.

there's every chance that the CBS Sports games will also be simulcast on Paramount, especially given that it is something as small fry as SPFL. it's just good for the additional exposure that it is on cable

This is the conclusion I've come to as well. To get CBS Sports Network, seems you need to have cable or one of the more expensive (ie (the ones that are $65/month or thereabouts) streaming subscriptions like Fubo, Hulu's Live TV package, Sling etc. And @ChrisWoods it does look like your YouTube TV should include it.

So for those of us who previously had ESPN+, which had Rangers on most weeks last season, this move to Paramount+ isn't looking great based on the league schedule released so far. P+ still the place to follow our European games of course. Reckon I might be looking at RTV for the league games though. Expensive compared with ESPN+ and P+, but a bargain compared with what I'd need to spend to get cable, Fubo etc.

Like others have said, I think I was paying close to $200/ month for the cable / internet / phone bundle with AT&T when you include extra DVR boxes etc. We first scaled it back to basic TV and internet, only because that was cheaper than internet on it's own. Now we've moved to NC, all I have is a wireless internet subscription with Spectrum which $45/month. Youtube TV has creeped up, think it was $50 when we first signed up but we're still much better off than we were with cable.

The Malmo game is not showing on that schedule, however if I look it up on P+ it's saying they're showing in, I wonder if this is what the premium plan is for. Not sure it's worth it for me as I'll be in work so unless I can DVR it I won't be able to see it anyway.

Full schedule for Aug and Sep at the bottom of this Press Release

The Malmo game is not showing on that schedule, however if I look it up on P+ it's saying they're showing in, I wonder if this is what the premium plan is for. Not sure it's worth it for me as I'll be in work so unless I can DVR it I won't be able to see it anyway.
That schedule in the link is specifically for games under the SPFL umbrella. Malmo falls under P+'s Europa League coverage.

I watched the Hibs v Motherwell game yesterday, picture was a bit pish.

I've watched lots of Europa League and Champions League games on Paramount+ with no similar pish picture experiences.

there's every chance that the CBS Sports games will also be simulcast on Paramount, especially given that it is something as small fry as SPFL. it's just good for the additional exposure that it is on cable

I watched the Livi game on Paramount+. They also carried the Hearts vs Mhanks game as well as the Mhanks CL qualifier. I just checked the Paramount+ schedule and they are showing the Malmo game.

I watched the Hibs v Motherwell game yesterday, picture was a bit pish.

I've watched lots of Europa League and Champions League games on Paramount+ with no similar pish picture experiences.

I watched our game on it on Sat, picture was fine but the sound went at the start of the second half, only for a couple of minutes.

Ha, cheers, just took a trip via Nord but same error. Maybe just me, will try again in a bit.
I was getting an error with nord too. Ended up setting up account on my work computer (US VPN) and thereafter was able to log in via nord and sign up.

I watched our game on it on Sat, picture was fine but the sound went at the start of the second half, only for a couple of minutes.

I had no problems that I can remember. We don't have a (very) smart TV so we are getting it through a Roku box that cost $30.

I'm paying $11.03/month for P+ with no adverts. Quite apart from the football - which was why I bought it in the first place - there is a ton of good programming and especially Smithsonian. Great value for money IMHO. In addition, we can watch it in either place on the same subscription.

We have DirectTV in Arizona which is expensive and we will probably dump it for one or more streaming services. We have cable in Massachusetts which is a lot more reasonable and includes better internet than we have in Arizona. So we will probably keep that, especially as Mrs HHB wants to watch the Patriots/Red Sox/Bruins.

aha! just worked out that my trip via Nord put me in New York, so when it asked for Zip code it was a New York zip
I was getting an error with nord too. Ended up setting up account on my work computer (US VPN) and thereafter was able to log in via nord and sign up.

I had no problems that I can remember. We don't have a (very) smart TV so we are getting it through a Roku box that cost $30.

I'm paying $11.03/month for P+ with no adverts. Quite apart from the football - which was why I bought it in the first place - there is a ton of good programming and especially Smithsonian. Great value for money IMHO. In addition, we can watch it in either place on the same subscription.

We have DirectTV in Arizona which is expensive and we will probably dump it for one or more streaming services. We have cable in Massachusetts which is a lot more reasonable and includes better internet than we have in Arizona. So we will probably keep that, especially as Mrs HHB wants to watch the Patriots/Red Sox/Bruins.

Smithsonian is great but that's one of the channels I get on youtube so I just record anything I want to watch to avoid ads. For a while when we first moved it thought we were still in Texas, (Mrs Woods was) so we were still getting local programming, but now everyone has moved here we've lost that, meaning unless I pay a fortune for Sunday Ticket, I won't get to see the Texans this season. (No jokes about that not being a bad thing!)

We don't have a smart TV either, we do everything through firesticks

Watched the Ayr United v Kilmarnock game and the pish picture problem wasnt repeated, so hopefully a one off. Everything else was pish, but the picture was ok.

aha! just worked out that my trip via Nord put me in New York, so when it asked for Zip code it was a New York zip
I tried to put my card details in but it wasn’t happy with them. Forced me to put an American address in and it didn’t work with my U.K. card.

I have Paramount, However I watch Rangers games on RTV.
Living in the USA i dont get to attend many games, Paying for RTV is my small way to contribute top the Club.
WATP!!

Valpak in USA has a generic coupon for a free month.
PAWVALPAK
paramount plus.com/valpak
Must be a new subscriber.
Says it ends 9/30/21

Smithsonian is great but that's one of the channels I get on youtube so I just record anything I want to watch to avoid ads. For a while when we first moved it thought we were still in Texas, (Mrs Woods was) so we were still getting local programming, but now everyone has moved here we've lost that, meaning unless I pay a fortune for Sunday Ticket, I won't get to see the Texans this season. (No jokes about that not being a bad thing!)

We don't have a smart TV either, we do everything through firesticks
Lucky bastard.

Last season every game that was on BT Sports was on ESPN+ here so I was assuming every game on Premier Sports and Sky Sports would be on Paramount + this season going forward as that’s the pattern I’ve noticed with opening weekend and Tims European failure.
Just a bit crap that there’s no game build up/halftime/fulltime.

The Malmo game will be on, don't worry about that. ALL Champions League and Europa League games are on and you don't have to worry about DVR or any other nonsense... they're all available to stream LIVE and are made available shortly after the final whistle to watch as-live.

The SPFL games so far have been the same way too. Add SPFL to your "Watch List" on the Paramount+ app on your TV and it'll be suggested to you every time you open it. You'll be able to watch whichever SPFL games they're showing that week live or on-demand.

I would imagine the OF games will be available on both Paramount+ and CBS Sports live - and then on Paramount+ on demand afterwards. Remember, just a few months ago, "Paramount+" was actually named "CBS All Access". Their Europa League coverage (and Champs Lge) was quite excellent with every single game live and on-demand, studio hosts like Mo Edu, DaMarcus Beasley etc.

Anyone know if paramount+ is showing the Malmö game ? As rather give them the money than premier sports
I glanced in there this morning and saw the Malmo game listed as being on midweek.
Log in, you'll see a link for Champion's League and you should see the Rangers game listed

If you don't see CBS Sports when you scroll through the channels, it may be because you are using a custom channel list - in which case there will be a way to add CBS Sports to your channel list. Whether you can do that on the device you use will depend on the device type. No matter - you can always set it up using a web browser or the youtube tv app on your phone. See this video for instructions on doing it via web browser. Good luck and let us know how it went.

If you don't see CBS Sports when you scroll through the channels, it may be because you are using a custom channel list - in which case there will be a way to add CBS Sports to your channel list. Whether you can do that on the device you use will depend on the device type. No matter - you can always set it up using a web browser or the youtube tv app on your phone. See this video for instructions on doing it via web browser. Good luck and let us know how it went.

I just checked the app on my phone and cbs sports is on there

Back