Stateside games Paramount +?

Interesting. I'll have to sign up (again) to Paramount for the European group games. At least you can do it month-to-month.

I watch our other games through RTV. Nothing list on ESPN for the weekend and can't view the Paramount schedule but SPFL isn't mentioned here:

Go under CBS on the home page of Paramount + and you will see the SPFL games. Click add to “my list”. I did that with SPFL and champions league, Europa league etc. great deal for $4.99 month.

This weekend had no SPFL games and I don't see our game tomorrow on the schedule. What's the script there?!

This weekend had no SPFL games and I don't see our game tomorrow on the schedule. What's the script there?!
The Rangers game was apparently on CBS Sports Network. I didn't see it on Paramount+ so I watched it on my RTV account. It looks like a lot of the games are scheduled for CBSSN, including the OF games.

The Rangers game was apparently on CBS Sports Network. I didn't see it on Paramount+ so I watched it on my RTV account. It looks like a lot of the games are scheduled for CBSSN, including the OF games.
Is that a separate streaming app or cable channel? Aye I use RTV too but I thought I could rely on Paramount+ at least for our European games

Is there a fee and subscription for CBSSN on top of Paramount? How do I get it, as per other question is it an App to load?

Is there a fee and subscription for CBSSN on top of Paramount? How do I get it, as per other question is it an App to load?

I get CBSSN through my Xfinity cable service. I also have Paramount+ which I bought last year for the EL games. So, on Saturday, the game was on CBSSN with replay available on Paramount+.

Is that a separate streaming app or cable channel? Aye I use RTV too but I thought I could rely on Paramount+ at least for our European games

As I understand it, the European games will be on Paramount+.

However, Saturday was a bit confusing. I expected the game to be on Paramount+ because the L:ivi game had been shown on there. However, it was on CBSSN with the replay available on Paramount+. Fortunately, I have both.

I don't quite understand why one game is on the one channel and the next game is on the other.

I get CBSSN through my Xfinity cable service. I also have Paramount+ which I bought last year for the EL games. So, on Saturday, the game was on CBSSN with replay available on Paramount+.
Thanks so much. Checking now to see where the Malmo game is showing. Prefer to watch on my large TV, as can only play RTV on my iPad…

Thanks so much. Checking now to see where the Malmo game is showing. Prefer to watch on my large TV, as can only play RTV on my iPad…

My assumption is that the Malmo game is on Paramount+.

Reality is that the quality of picture and sound is better on CBSSN or Paramount+ than it is on RTV and it is also cheaper. It also leaves my laptop free for simultaneous access to the match thread on FF.

My assumption is that the Malmo game is on Paramount+.

Reality is that the quality of picture and sound is better on CBSSN or Paramount+ than it is on RTV and it is also cheaper. It also leaves my laptop free for simultaneous access to the match thread on FF.
I checked the Paramount+ live schedule and don't see our game tomorrow:

They have 5 other games on there. Unsure how to watch tomorrows game.

I checked the Paramount+ live schedule and don't see our game tomorrow:

They have 5 other games on there. Unsure how to watch tomorrows game.

Yeah, just looked. They aren't listing the Rangers game.

Changed my mind and cancelled this after a week's free trial.
The first week was a great and I thought we'd get all the games plus we got the Malmo.
This week, couldn't find any SPFL games.
Called them to cancel today and the guy I spoke to asked me to hold.
He then came back, having read the press release and said "You do get all the SPFL games". I told him I don't and that games seem to be split between Paramount and CBS Sports.
Off he went again and came back saying that he was pretty sure we get the SPFL games. I told him we don't.
Off he goes again to speak to a supervisor. Comes back and tells me "yeah, it looks like it's limited games".
Pity. I thought this was going to work out.

The first week was a great and I thought we'd get all the games plus we got the Malmo.
He then came back, having read the press release and said "You do get all the SPFL games". I told him I don't and that games seem to be split between Paramount and CBS Sports.
Off he went again and came back saying that he was pretty sure we get the SPFL games. I told him we don't.
Off he goes again to speak to a supervisor. Comes back and tells me "yeah, it looks like it's limited games".
Isn’t Paramount+ and CBS doing their sports programming in conjunction?

I read it as all CBS sports content would be available on Paramount+

I must have picked it up wrong

i was also pleased with the first weekend - I watched some of our game (I was also streaming on RTV), the last 10 minutes of the unwashed and then the highlights show.

This weekend I couldn’t see any games, so just watched our game on RTV. I have the Paramount Plus app but not the CBS sports network channel.

As I have the RTV unlimited package, I should hopefully be able to see all of our games, as Paramount seem to have European games that may be blacked out on RTV.

I see they posted a highlights show again for this past weekend. 13 minutes. I’ll probably watch most of the highlight shows as I can usually only get RTV content. It will be good to be able to keep an eye on other teams, but I was hoping for more when the announcement was made.

I've gone ahead and cancelled the subscription. Was unable to watch the Dundee United game as it was on CBS Sports and tomorrow's game against Malmo not being shown. I'm disappointed as first week was great and feed so much better than RangersTV. One of the drawbacks of living in Dallas !

I've gone ahead and cancelled the subscription. Was unable to watch the Dundee United game as it was on CBS Sports and tomorrow's game against Malmo not being shown. I'm disappointed as first week was great and feed so much better than RangersTV. One of the drawbacks of living in Dallas !
So to confirm, RTV is the only option in the United States for watching the Malmo match live? I have looked all over able TV without success, preferring to watch it on my large TV rather than iPad…

This is all a bit confusing. I’ve no idea why our game isnt been shown anywhere tomorrow (other than RTV). Like others, I have RTV unlimited but the stream quality tends to be higher on ESPN/Paramount etc.

Looks like the CBS Sports Network will show the Noon kickoff games.

Scottish Premiership TV schedule

All times Eastern USA

Sunday, August 22

07:00 am EDT
Dundee vs. Hibernian
CBS Sports Network,

Sunday, August 29

07:00 am EDT
Rangers vs. Celtic
CBS Sports Network,

Saturday, September 11

07:30 am EDT
St Johnstone vs. Rangers
CBS Sports Network

There are also listings for Paramount + games in September, all noon kickoffs, but none of them us.

I assume these are all of the Sky games being shown.

Isn’t Paramount+ and CBS doing their sports programming in conjunction?

I read it as all CBS sports content would be available on Paramount+

I must have picked it up wrong
I read it as that too but it's not the case. The customer service rep was also confused.
Paramount don't list SPFL in their soccer services. It's an afterthought much like ESPN did last season.

To confuse things a little further, I installed CBS sports on to Roku. It asks for my Paramount+ sign in to activate CBS Sports on the Roku. But I've already canceled.
Maybe I'll just use the month free trial code under a different email, log in to CBS via Paramount, see what happens and what games are on offer.

For a product they are trying to sell, it's all very secretive.

I read it as that too but it's not the case. The customer service rep was also confused.
Paramount don't list SPFL in their soccer services. It's an afterthought much like ESPN did last season.

To confuse things a little further, I installed CBS sports on to Roku. It asks for my Paramount+ sign in to activate CBS Sports on the Roku. But I've already canceled.
Maybe I'll just use the month free trial code under a different email, log in to CBS via Paramount, see what happens and what games are on offer.

For a product they are trying to sell, it's all very secretive.
CBS and Paramount+ have the same owner (ViacomCBS). Paramount+ allow you to add SPFL to "My List" so you can find it more quickly.

Do you have a TV service (Cable, Satellite or Streaming such as Fubu/YoutubeTV/Sling)? If you have a tv service, CBS Sports Network is likely part of their offering. If you do not have a TV service (or the one you have does not include CBS Sports Network) then you also get CBS Sports Network as part of a Paramount+ subscription.
Looking at this schedule, it appears they aren’t showing any more of our games until the Old Firm.

Very odd, considering they showed 5 games in the first 3 days of the season.
They have split the games they get between CBS Sports Network and Paramount+. I can't see any rhyme or reason on how they decide what goes where (besides deciding to put all OF games on CBSSN).

Last edited:
CBS and Paramount+ have the same owner (ViacomCBS). Paramount+ allow you to add SPFL to "My List" so you can find it more quickly.

Do you have a TV service (Cable, Satellite or Streaming such as Fubu/YoutubeTV/Sling)? If you have a tv service, CBS Sports Network is likely part of their offering. If you do not have a TV service (or the one you have does not include CBS Sports Network)

They have split the games they get between CBS Sports Network and Paramount+. I can't see any rhyme or reason on how they decide what goes where (besides deciding to put all OF games on CBSSN).
From the schedule released so far up to end of September, it looks a lot like they're pushing most of our games (as the champions and biggest draw) to CBSSN, which is the more expensive service to get.

Do you have a TV service (Cable, Satellite or Streaming such as Fubu/YoutubeTV/Sling)? If you have a tv service, CBS Sports Network is likely part of their offering. If you do not have a TV service (or the one you have does not include CBS Sports Network)

Yes, but according to that schedule they are now showing just 1 game across both platforms per weekend, as opposed to the 5 games across both platforms on the first weekend of the season.

From the schedule released so far up to end of September, it looks a lot like they're pushing most of our games (as the champions and biggest draw) to CBSSN, which is the more expensive service to get.
Not sure I follow. CBSSN is usually included with your TV service (for no additional charge). If its not, then you get it for "free" if you have a Paramount+ subscription.

Yes, but according to that schedule they are now showing just 1 game across both platforms per weekend, as opposed to the 5 games across both platforms on the first weekend of the season.
Sky chose all those games on opening weekend, and thats why they were available around the world. More typically Sky show 1 game per weekend. They are allowed 48 games total, so with 38 "matchdays" they will only have more than one approx 25% of the time. Not sure why Paramount+ aren't showing our league cup game with Dunfermline, but that seems to be the only game they could show us, but aren't.

For the European games, it's the group games that Paramount have rights for, they just show qualifiers when they can pick them up relatively cheaply. Pretty sure there have been more shown this year than last year. When it gets to group games, all our games will be on.

Also it's not Paramount and CBS Sports splitting the games, both of them are owned by the same company. So they just push the game to whichever network they think it'll do best on. CBS Sport Network is 60mil households, Paramount+ is about a million subscribers, so for getting more possible viewers, CBS Sports Network would be better.

Not sure I follow. CBSSN is usually included with your TV service (for no additional charge). If its not, then you get it for "free" if you have a Paramount+ subscription.
I don't have cable right now, so to get CBSSN via cable or one of the streaming+live TV services I'd be looking at $50-60 extra a month.

Are you certain you get CBSSN with the Paramount+ subscription? I've got Paramount+, but looking in the app's live TV options I don't see CBSSN, only CBS Sports HQ.

As mentioned, CBS and Paramount are the same company - it was only this year that "CBS All Access" changed its name to "Paramount+".

Not all of the CL/EL Qualifiers are picked up, but those ARE available on RTV. If we get to the Group Stages, however, RTV lose the rights to show them and that's when Paramount+ shows every single game from the then until the end of tournament - for both the CL and EL (and I think the new Conference League too).

The SPFL Deal is split between CBS Sports Network and Paramount+. CBS Sports Network isn't a premium channel but isn't always included in your cable subscription. If you do have it in your subscription then you can watch it there (obviously) or on any of their streaming apps - iOS, Android, Roku etc. They only show whatever matches Sky have selected for broadcast so if Sky are only showing one game that weekend, then that's all you'll get.

I have an RTV Subscription but I mentioned earlier in the thread that if the game is on Paramount (or ESPN in the past) then I'll watch on there as the quality is far superior.

In short, if you're in the US and you want to watch the Champions League or Europa League at the group stages (whether Rangers are involved or not) your only option is going to be Paramount+, so don't go cancelling too soon!

Doesn't look like it is listed (tonight's game) on any of the Paramount/CBS platforms unless I am missing it.
Don't mind signing up to RTV to watch it if it isn't on, but want to make sure....

Am I missing it anywhere?

I don't have cable right now, so to get CBSSN via cable or one of the streaming+live TV services I'd be looking at $50-60 extra a month.

Are you certain you get CBSSN with the Paramount+ subscription? I've got Paramount+, but looking in the app's live TV options I don't see CBSSN, only CBS Sports HQ.
There is a separate app. On my Roku, its called CBS Sports Stream and Watch Live (catchy name!). I can log into it using my Paramount+ subscription. That said, I just tried it and it won't let me watch the CBSSN livestream without me providing my TV provider details (YoutubeTV for me). So I may have been too hasty with that comment. I'll try watching a CBSSN game next time there is one available and see what happens.

Meantime some good news: they are now showing that our game v Dunfermline will be available on Paramount+.

There is a separate app. On my Roku, its called CBS Sports Stream and Watch Live (catchy name!). I can log into it using my Paramount+ subscription. That said, I just tried it and it won't let me watch the CBSSN livestream without me providing my TV provider details (YoutubeTV for me). So I may have been too hasty with that comment. I'll try watching a CBSSN game next time there is one available and see what happens.

Meantime some good news: they are now showing that our game v Dunfermline will be available on Paramount+.

That’s great about the Dunfermline game, where are you seeing that info? My P+ app is still not showing any upcoming games for the weekend, just replays from the opening weekend and highlights.

The match replay from weekend isn’t even on paramount +. I have CBS sports network with Verizon cable and downloaded CBS Sports app in case that shows live stuff the channel doesn’t.

Raith v Dunfermline next scheduled game on paramount + on 20th and Dundee v Hibs next scheduled game CBS on 22nd. Seems they show more bull riding and cornhole than Scottish fitbaw.

Seems they show more bull riding and cornhole than Scottish fitbaw.

That's what CBS Sports Network is like outside College Football season. It's all low-interest filler like bull riding, cornhole and Scottish football.

Dont see Rangers v Dunfermline listed on Paramount+ yet, but Chelsea v Villarreal tomorrow night has turned up.

That’s great about the Dunfermline game, where are you seeing that info? My P+ app is still not showing any upcoming games for the weekend, just replays from the opening weekend and highlights.
It's showing on the CBS Sports app (but not yet on the Paramount+ App).

rYCTZfe.jpg

They've added a few games this weekend. Rangers v Dunfermline on Friday, Raith Rovers v Aberdeen and Celtic v Hearts on Sunday.

If anybody did get Paramount+ while "on holiday", they've picked up Asian Champions League and Asian World Cup qualifiers too.

If you're super desperate for football, Esteghal of Iran are currently 1-0 down at half time to Al Hilal of hmm somewhere middle Easternish and it's on live now. No fans though.

Edit - Al Hilal of Saudi Arabia.

will be interesting to see how many of the next slate of games end up on cbs sports network.

selfishly, I hope the ratings were shite and they just stick everything on paramount+ now.

Sorry to bump up this tread but does anyone know where to look to see what games they have coming up on this over next few weeks? See if it’s worth subscribing over the winter period

Sorry to bump up this tread but does anyone know where to look to see what games they have coming up on this over next few weeks? See if it’s worth subscribing over the winter period

Well worth it for the Europa + Champions League games alone.
You'll get a few SPFL games but I use RTV for us.
Just Google and get on their site, there's plenty of games and other stuff, good value.

Is there a way of accessing Paramount + without a US credit card? RTV only has audio of Europa games and I’m worrying for the Sparta game.

Is there a way of accessing Paramount + without a US credit card? RTV only has audio of Europa games and I’m worrying for the Sparta game.
I subscribe via and American iTunes account , easy enough to pick up gift cards for that without using a US credit card

Well worth it for the Europa + Champions League games alone.
You'll get a few SPFL games but I use RTV for us.
Just Google and get on their site, there's plenty of games and other stuff, good value.
More looking to see what away games we have coming up on it , it’s to see me over Xmas as after that I will prob just go with RTV as rather club get my money

I subscribe via and American iTunes account , easy enough to pick up gift cards for that without using a US credit card
Could you give me more details please, maybe over PM? Assuming if it’s iTunes, I could set this up on my phone somehow then login on the laptop?

Back