Status of leagues around Europe

Vast majority now with plans to get back up and running / finish the season. Just makes the decisions made by the spfl and sfa even worse!

We cancel ours because small clubs cant play without fans. Yet we'll start next season on time..... without fans

Absolutely appalling. Yet rangers apparently voted to end the season and have gone silent on the issue since. The fans deserve to know what is going on

Vast majority now with plans to get back up and running / finish the season. Just makes the decisions made by the spfl and sfa even worse!

We cancel ours because small clubs cant play without fans. Yet we'll start next season on time..... without fans

Holland concluded without awarding a title.

ENTIRELY different from this footballing backwater.

Absolutely appalling. Yet Rangers apparently voted to end the season and have gone silent on the issue since. The fans deserve to know what is going on

We said, under current government advice and position, that the season couldn’t be concluded. Not the same thing.

But you know that, and yet still choose to be obtuse,

Absolutely appalling. Yet Rangers apparently voted to end the season and have gone silent on the issue since. The fans deserve to know what is going on
Not this again!! If Rangers had voted against, would it have made ANY difference? No! The corrupt SPFL board would have done it anyway. As covered in many other posts, Rangers did not vote to hand the scum the title. You make it sound like our board acted in concert with the SPFL....on the bigger picture, we certainly didn't!

Not this again!! If Rangers had voted against, would it have made ANY difference? No! The corrupt SPFL board would have done it anyway. As covered in many other posts, Rangers did not vote to hand the scum the title. You make it sound like our board acted in concert with the SPFL....on the bigger picture, we certainly didn't!

Rangers STILL have not confirmed this. A few posts on FF is hardly proof.

Rangers STILL have not confirmed this. A few posts on FF is hardly proof.
Oh well I must remember to treat every post on here as nothing more than hearsay! Can just see the scenario, all around the table...dungcaster going round the board on the question "do we award Ceptic the title...what say you Mr Robertson?" "Aye"....FFS really!
The voting results were released (I believe)...am sure admin (over to you mdingwall) can remind us of the voting figures which will hopefully put your mind at ease.

Absolutely shocking state of affair. Scottish football has shot itself in the foot again. And Liewell pulled the trigger.

We didn't vote to give them the title but we did vote for the season ending. No point denying reality.

Regardless of what we voted for or not the point stands that this season could have been finished or even looked at further than it was.

You cant have a go at fans for being annoyed that the whole situation was pushed through for the sole purpose of giving Celtic their 9th title on the trot. On top of that the club has not uttered a word on the sorry mess since the resolution was defeated.

“Lesser leagues” with “less resources” have already restarted or looking at restarting. The excuse it’s unaffordable on its own should have Shifty, Fat Rod and Doncaster removed from post but why would they be, they’ve done their masters doing.

Shameful. Where there is no will, there will never be a way. They never considered it viable in their rush to 8.75

Never forget and never forgive that one.

We didn't vote to give them the title but we did vote for the season ending. No point denying reality.

Agreed, if this is not true then why have those who did not agree with it not said anything.

PREMIERSHIP CLUBS REACH UNANIMOUS AGREEMENT THAT TOP FLIGHT CANNOT BE FINISHED

i see the bottom six are refusing to play in neutral venues unless relegation is scrapped in the premiership

is concluded a new word for gifted

The countries that are showing as 'in progress' are the sensible ones for me. Waiting to see how those that return manage it and fine tune it. For me that is where Scotland should be, the rush to cancel the season was ridiculous.

The countries that are showing as 'in progress' are the sensible ones for me. Waiting to see how those that return manage it and fine tune it. For me that is where Scotland should be, the rush to cancel the season was ridiculous.

You can only assume that the clubs needed the money more than they were willing to wait.

Bosnian League cancelled today with Sarajevo declared champions.

They were just 4 points clear with loads of games left and 2-3 teams within 4-5 points.

It’s funny, the countries where the league leaders hold the most sway in that particular country seem to be giving out titles, PSG, Brugge, Tims, Sarajevo. The countries that appear to have a more even split of power and influence seem to be trying to play out the leagues. Funny that.

Agreed, if this is not true then why have those who did not agree with it not said anything.

PREMIERSHIP CLUBS REACH UNANIMOUS AGREEMENT THAT TOP FLIGHT CANNOT BE FINISHED
Maybe, just maybe...at the time, with thousands dying of this horrid virus, the club genuinely believed the season couldn't be finished. imho it would have been a fair assessment at the time. Am quite sure, back then we all thought the same, but then hindsight is a great thing.

Maybe, just maybe...at the time, with thousands dying of this horrid virus, the club genuinely believed the season couldn't be finished. imho it would have been a fair assessment at the time. Am quite sure, back then we all thought the same, but then hindsight is a great thing.

So, there was a unanimous vote from the top division that the league could not be completed.

That strengthened the SPFL mandate to do it, everyone else agreed with them.

If the numbers have dropped and are continuing to drop it is because the lockdown and social distancing have been working. Let's hope people are sensible, follow the new guidelines and the numbers continue to drop. Though some of the reporting suggests otherwise.

I think eufa may not recognise those leagues halted teams placing for there comps with almost all leagues now getting played to a finish those qualifying may have issues having to play qualifiers against teams who havnt actually completed there season and get euro places.

I don't think the fallout from the corruption has even started yet

Maybe I'm just thick but there is 55 Leagues in Europe. Only 30 are accounted for here. Leagues like Wales and Malta have gone down the route of gifting out tainted titles. Then there's Malta, Gibraltar etc that have done the right thing and null and voided. It's surprisingly hard to find something like this that tells you the status of all European Leagues.

26 out of 30 countries about to restart or in progress plus take France out of the equation as they had a government order shutdown as no sporting events were allowed before September.

I can see serious trouble in store for Holland, Belgium and Scotland especially with champions league places.

Imagine all those leagues play to a finish and teams miss out on £30m income in favour of the nonce who’ve not kicked a ball since March, it will be total uproar and who could blame them.

Only a matter of time before Uefa get involved in this.

Our set up in this country is a disaster.
Apart from the league not being finished what other country in the world has a league that splits into two groups of six and the teams who possibly finish 7th and 8th can have more points than the team that finishes 6th.
What a f*cking joke

Our set up in this country is a disaster.
Apart from the league not being finished what other country in the world has a league that splits into two groups of six and the teams who possibly finish 7th and 8th can have more points than the team that finishes 6th.
What a f*cking joke
22 leagues in Europe use a split season format to be fair. I'm not a fan of the SPFL either, but I don't believe having fixtures like Rangers v Queen of the South or Rangers v Ayr United would make the league any better than having Rangers v Aberdeen or Rangers v Hibs just because we've already played the big teams that season.

Back