Article Stay In Control - Rangers and Gambling Sponsorship In Football

The hypocrisy of gambling sponsorship is astonishing, we have players & coaches racking up fines and bans for placing a bet whilst everybody else in the country is free to do so. Whilst cash is king, I’d love Rangers to lead the way and eliminate all gambling sponsorships from the Club. People will gamble regardless of what is printed on a shirt.

Tbh i hate being sponsored by a gambling firm..it kills as many as drink in this country. As for the stay in control.. once it gets its claws in.. like alcohol its very hard to shake of. Seen many a life destroyed by gambling..
I understand it brings in money but i wish we could have someone else..

Last edited:
Gambling sponsorship has no place in any sport. The normalisation of gambling in sports coverage over the past 20 years is disgraceful.

As a side note, I always found the tv coverage of horse racing as shameful, the entire sport is nothing more than a vehicle for gambling companies to promote their business. By sticking it on mainstream tv during the day it exposes it to kids and creates the impression that gambling is an acceptable pastime.

Back