Stenhousemuir criticims of SPFL fixture carve up

jaws73

Official Ticketer
Do Stenhousemuir have a point about about the SPFL's competence regarding the game against the mockits clashing with the lower leagues launch?

I think they probably do and the more clubs that think the same (that this SPFL Executive don't actually give a shit about them) the better. Were Stenousemuir one of the clubs on Rangers' side with recent events?

Staging the first Celtic-Rangers match of the forthcoming season on the same day as the three lower leagues begin has been branded "disrespectful" by Stenhousemuir chairman Iain McMenemy.

Rangers are due to visit Celtic Park on Saturday 17 October, the date when the Scottish Championship and Leagues One and Two start their 27-game seasons.

McMenemy is concerned that the Old Firm game will hinder lower-league coverage.

"I found the decision disrespectful to the other leagues," he said.

"We have a chance to re-engage and reach out to fans with all 30 clubs in the Championship, League One and Two all getting together, starting on the same day and having our own 'Super Saturday.'

"Then unfortunately somebody at Hampden says, 'Hang on, hold my beer, I'll schedule the Old Firm game on that day and completely overshadow it'."

While TV coverage may result in the Old Firm derby being moved to the Sunday, McMenemy argues that the match taking place on the same weekend will still have a damaging effect on the 30 lower league clubs' efforts to attract fans.

"In the lower leagues we need to convince fans to come back in to our grounds," said McMenemy on BBC Radio Scotland.

"We need to tell people that it's safe, show people what it's all about.

"They [the SPFL] have a computer system but they also plug in some key dates that they have to avoid. It can't just be fully automated.

"There was plenty of opportunity to go a week forward, a week back, really promote the Old Firm game in its own right on another weekend, but also give the other leagues the chance to promote their games as well.

"The marketing for that week will be all about that Old Firm clash."

BBC Scotland has approached the SPFL for comment.

I don't want to sound harsh here, but he does he realise that no one cares about lower league football other than the handful of fans that attend games.

If they want to go to games they will go. Maybe he should have a go at Sturgeon for putting the fear of death into people so that they believe the moment they step out the house they'll die of coronavirus.

"The marketing for that week will be all about that Old Firm clash."

c6RVY3G.gif

I don't want to sound harsh here, but he does he realise that no one cares about lower league football other than the handful of fans that attend games.

If they want to go to games they will go. Maybe he should have a go at Sturgeon for putting the fear of death into people so that they believe the moment they step out the house they'll die of coronavirus.

He does have a point though. Everything and everyone else was discarded in order to give them what they wanted.

By the same token the lower league fans couldn't care less about Rangers and Celtic. They deserve to have their day in the sun the same as everybody else.

Until they sort out the scandalous ticket prices for lower league games I can't see them ever having any sort of boost in numbers attending games.

By the same token the lower league fans couldn't care less about Rangers and Celtic. They deserve to have their day in the sun the same as everybody else.

They have their day in the sun. Their league has started back. Go and watch their team.

Scottish football is of utterly dire quality. Is he wanting these games televised?

He does have a point though. Everything and everyone else was discarded in order to give them what they wanted.

Very true, but then they've all meekly fallen into line to appease the paedos and pissed all over any attempts to reform the SPFL.
The more of them that suffer in their own little way then the greater the chance of the message getting through their thick skulls.

Found this quote interesting, we are always being told 'it is the computer':

"They [the SPFL] have a computer system but they also plug in some key dates that they have to avoid. It can't just be fully automated."

I think Stenny voted for an independent investigation. He's right, the spfl only had eyes on what the scum wanted in this case.

Very true, but then they've all meekly fallen into line to appease the paedos and pissed all over any attempts to reform the SPFL.
The more of them that suffer in their own little way then the greater the chance of the message getting through their thick skulls.
I honestly don’t know what will get it into their skulls. They are largely moronic lemmings.

All these cûnts consistently side with the mentally challengeds / SPFL and now want to moan when the SPFL make a decision to benefit the mentally challengeds.

The filth wanted the game on that date and that’s what they got. The rest of the country just need to suck it up as they all voted to keep this system in place.

Disagree. I'd bet 95% of them will watch our game and will have a leaning one way or the other.

Not a chance mate, Quite a fair bit can be manipulated at the request of police etc for specific reasons.
Clubs can request home games on certain weekends for special occassions, anniversaries etc. My argument on another thread is that we don't know how transparent these applied instruction are. Do all clubs get a list of the pre conditions that have been granted before the computer does it's random generation? If not, why not?

Surely the point he should’ve been making is that the old firm game should’ve been scheduled 5/6 weeks before this shit show of a date.
Call me paranoid if you like, but has the club asked the SPFL what the parameters were that "the computer guy" used to compile the fixture list ? Anybody who had knowledge of any computer programme knows that certain factors have to be addressed e.g. leaving dates clear for; internationals, European games, Scottish Cup games, League cup games and what is left is 1st round of League games, 2nd round and so on. I would be interested to find out how "the computer guy" was instructed, other than the obvious, that Pete wanted the OF game as game 11 of the 1st round of League fixtures.

Until they sort out the scandalous ticket prices for lower league games I can't see them ever having any sort of boost in numbers attending games.
I’ve written this on here many times before. In one week in 2000, me and my pal paid £7 to get into the Santiago Bernabeu and £12 to get into Love Street, Paisley :))

Aye, because if us and the mentally challengeds were only playing Hibs and Motherwell then all of the marketing, media hype and press would definitely have gone on the restarting of the Scottish lower leagues.

Scottish football eh?
Moan for the sake of moaning but try and stop corruption, collusion and cun.ts?
Nah, costs money and that. Too much hassle. Gies peace.

Given the OF game will be the Sunday the guy has made a cvnt of it. And as someone else pointed out, who really gives a feck about the lower leagues????

"They [the SPFL] have a computer system but they also plug in some key dates that they have to avoid. It can't just be fully automated."
that was always the case. clubs can ask for home or away on certain dates, (remembrance weekend) and even ask for a free weekend at the start of the season (the scum again)

The guy responsible, James Blair I think?, admitted it on Radio Scotland. Its not some hidden secret.
They make sure for example the OF game never falls between European fixtures and he also said that the OF game would definitely be on January I st or 2nd due to the significant anniversary of the Ibrox Disaster this year. It can never be fully automated.

The OF game taking place won't change that. If they kicked off the same day as the Premiership, focus would still be on the Premiership. Ours will likely be a lunchtime kick-off anyway while Stenny wont play until 3pm. Greeting about %^*& all

The guy responsible, James Blair I think?, admitted it on Radio Scotland. Its not some hidden secret.
They make sure for example the OF game never falls between European fixtures and he also said that the OF game would definitely be on January I st or 2nd due to the significant anniversary of the Ibrox Disaster this year. It can never be fully automated.
Thank you to a few posters for clearing this up for me and giving more information.

I guess my point was that if there is ever criticism of the fixtures the response is usually 'it is a computer' when the reality is someone inputs the data of some sort and manipulates it in some way. They use the computer as an easy excuse.

Thanks again.

They also have to schedule Rangers and Celtic at home on different weekends, Hibs and Hearts at home on different weekends and Dundee/Dundee United on different weekends. There's also considerations about games at Tynecastle clashing with rugby at Murrayfield, smaller clubs all being home at the same time (think East Fife, Raith, Cowden, Dunfermline). The idea fixtures are random is mental. Especially when we're moaning the 'random' fixtures never gave us what it usually does ie an early Old Firm.

I’ve written this on here many times before. In one week in 2000, me and my pal paid £7 to get into the Santiago Bernabeu and £12 to get into Love Street, Paisley :))

I once priced travel to Barcelona and back to a random game (Alaves maybe) and it was cheaper to fly from Glasgow, spend a night in Barca, go to the fitba and come home than it was to get the train to Aberdeen from Falkirk and got to Rangers v Aberdeen.

Back