Stephen craigan on twitter

Davis by a mile better all round player than the Lego eater
It’s like putting Adele on stage way a Jakey Tim’s granny and asking who is the better singer

WATP

Of course it is valid, two totally different players granted, but both more or less play in the same position, Brown without a shadow of a doubt is a fantastic player for them, the question I would ask is, could he do the job that Davis does for Southampton? I would categorically say he couldn't because he doesn't possess the footballing brain that Davis has, Davis is a very underrated footballer IMO.
Davis is a far more accomplished player than Brown will ever be.

Brown is a water carrier all be it a good one , Davis is far more sophisticated than that .

For me ,the comparison doesn't stand up to scrutiny but each to their own .

Last edited:
Craigan shouldn't be highlighting incidents for the compliance officer while working at BT I feel.

Pena, for example, could have been banned for the semi-final after he mentioned the incident

Davis is a far more accomplished player than Brown will ever be.

Brown is a water carrier all be it a good one , Davies is far more sophisticated than that .

For me ,the comparison doesn't stand up to scrutiny but each to their own .
Fair enough that's your opinion mine differs, we are in agreement that Davis is a far superior player.

I think all those EPL managers knocking down the door to sign Broonaldo every transfer window should just about sum it up.

Scott Brown 14 major honours and Steven Davis 8 major honours!, this from craigan

broonaldo wins a trophy in a one horse race and its a major honor, someone ask craigan what he has done outside his comfort zone of the spl.

In my business we call it one line management.

Ffs, there is no debate. Davis is one of the best midfielders to have played in Scotland over the last decade.

In case it's important, Crags is actually from Comber.

FBS
b
Sorry mate where is Comber ? When I am over I stay on the Shore road, I used to meet Steven on the flight over for NIinternational games, he told me he was from a East Belfast.

A lot of bears appearing to be offended on this thread.

He's only polled this on twitter as Ally and Mutton we're arguing about this on BT last night.

There isn't any agenda on his part FFS.

b
Sorry mate where is Comber ? When I am over I stay on the Shore road, I used to meet Steven on the flight over for NIinternational games, he told me he was from a East Belfast.

Born in Newtownards, raised in Comber. Both towns are east of Belfast. The Newtownards Road/Upper Newtownards Road runs through the middle of East Belfast

A lot of bears appearing to be offended on this thread.

He's only polled this on twitter as Ally and Mutton we're arguing about this on BT last night.

There isn't any agenda on his part FFS.
As I said previously he is a really nice guy, no agenda on his part , he knows that Davis is head and shoulders above Brown as a player, but don't fall in to the trap that Brown is no good, he is brilliant for them, make no mistake I hate him with a passion but what a player he is for them.

Born in Newtownards, raised in Comber. Both towns are east of Belfast. The Newtownards Road/Upper Newtownards Road runs through the middle of East Belfast
Thanks for that, the Newtonards road is a long long road as I remember.

Davis tests himself every week in the EPL,Brown wouldn't last a season in that division before being loaned out to a championship team.

Davis tests himself every week in the EPL,Brown wouldn't last a season in that division before being loaned out to a championship team.
I don't know so much, there are some really poor midfielders in that league, I watched the Utd Liverpool game today and honestly , Henderson and Chan are terrible so are Herrera and Young, that is a game near the top it was awful to watch.

As you'd imagine it goes all the way to Newtownards 10 miles away.
Is that walked on the 12th ? I always watch in the city centre, I would like to watch the parade in different places, maybe not participate for a few years, it is hard not to be drawn to City Hall .

I'm in the Davis camp but let's not kid ourselves Brown has been a great player for them, I hate the lego eater with a passion but I recognise he is a decent footballer, not in the same class as Davis.
I can’t take this “great” patter at all when it comes to brown. He is not and never has approached being great.

I can’t take this “great” patter at all when it comes to brown. He is not and never has approached being great.
To deny he is a great player for them is blatant untruth, he is not and never will be a great player, you have to distinguish between the two.

you haven't got a clue
Really where have I not got a clue ? My credentials against yours any time, in football I mean , lets show our coaching badges ? Bury your had in he sand all you like, Brown has been fantastic for them, the question I would ask is how we get to him the next game, for me it is simple Ryan Jack.

It's a pretty easy question to answer. Is there a single Bear who would take Brown over Davis given the choice? ...NOPE, not one. Now are there Celtic fans that would take Davis?....more than a few who actually understand football would I am certain.

Craigan after retweets and all that pish obviously...

What is the deal with the guy ? Is he a NI poet ? I've no idea of his background.

As for his poll, anyone who saw the two on a pitch at the same time will know Craigan's countryman was the superior player by a distance.

Certainly not a soapdodger, he's the very opposite.

It's a pretty easy question to answer. Is there a single Bear who would take Brown over Davis given the choice? ...NOPE, not one. Now are there Celtic fans that would take Davis?....more than a few who actually understand football would I am certain.
I think you are correct, but there a
Certainly not a soapdodger, he's the very opposite.
having,spoken to him, you are correct.

Really where have I not got a clue ? My credentials against yours any time, in football I mean , lets show our coaching badges ? Bury your had in he sand all you like, Brown has been fantastic for them, the question I would ask is how we get to him the next game, for me it is simple Ryan Jack.

hahahaha

he's the definition of donkey

the fact he's been made captain of Scotland proves the total trash state that coaching in Scotland has become

I'm in the Davis camp but let's not kid ourselves Brown has been a great player for them, I hate the lego eater with a passion but I recognise he is a decent footballer, not in the same class as Davis.

either your a mhank or you nothing about football he is very far from being a geat player

comparing brown and Davis is like comparing mutton to hateley .both poets decent but couldn't lace the gers players boots.

Just as an example .

Davis could play in any number of midfield positions and do it well .

He has played in an advanced role, a central role, a holding role, even a wide right role

Brown is a one trick pony in this regard .

Scott Brown 14 major honours and Steven Davis 8 major honours!, this from craigan

broonaldo wins a trophy in a one horse race and its a major honor, someone ask craigan what he has done outside his comfort zone of the spl.
Someone should boot Craigan in the baws, fuckin prick.

To deny he is a great player for them is blatant untruth, he is not and never will be a great player, you have to distinguish between the two.
Agree to disagree then. Doesnt score goals. Doesnt create goals. When he doesn't have a strong attack in front of him holding up the ball so much they were always totally vulnerable. Case in point when Delia was in charge. remember the cup semi from 2 years ago?

This is a bit like comparing a Mercedes Benz with a tractor .Without trying too hard to elaborate I will say that the tractor belongs to Farmer Brown.

Brown needs rattled in the first ten minutes then someone on him breathing down his neck for the remainder of the game, till that happens he'll always look decent not half the player Stevie D is but.

I don’t give a %^*& what Craigan thinks or writes. He is a fuckin nobody.

In saying that it’s Steve Davis before a halfwit

I find it astonishing that people on here can harp on about Brown being a good player. He's not. Not even remotely. He is the perfect example of headless chicken. He can't pass, shoot, tackle or header. Runs about a lot chasing the ball but I fail to see how that could possibly give anyone the idea he's good. If he hadn't been in a Celtic team dominating the Scottish game at the moment he'd be labelled the pointless tw@t he is.

As for comparing him to Davis. Not even close. Davis is at a level way above Brown.

Back