Stephen Dobbie - Genuine fan

Brennan Huff

Apologies for the random (after a few beers) post.

FF often has posts regarding pro players that support us...

Watching the 'Football daft' podcast with Stephen Dobbie & i think you'd struggle to get a better example of a current player that genuinely loves us.

Stories about being in Manchester to support us for the Uefa cup final days before facing us in the Scottish Cup Final, a love for Jimmy Bell, how he'd never change having the opportunity to play for us & how he got red white & blue boots specially ordered as he thought he was going to be playing against the mentally challengeds in the Scottish cup semi finals.

1:23 mins onward

He said on another podcast Celtc were looking at him and he would've went. I know thats being professional but thats not a real Gers fan for me.
I also hear that Greg Taylor tweets with wee shamrocks littered everywhere. F#ck them!
When they were sniffing around, didn't Paddy McNair tell them to do one? that's the way it should be.

He said on another podcast Celtc were looking at him and he would've went. I know thats being professional but thats not a real Gers fan for me.
I also hear that Greg Taylor tweets with wee shamrocks littered everywhere. F#ck them!
When they were sniffing around, didn't Paddy McNair tell them to do one? that's the way it should be.

You’ve just ruined that for me mate

I take it all back...F*ck him then :D

Joking aside though, if Rangers broke your heart by ditching you & there was no other significant interest in you, as a pro footballer it’s not as easy as taking the moral high ground & not signing for the mentally challengeds.

Last edited:
No amount of money is enough to make me play for them if they want u then defo others be interested I'd play for less money elsewhere mibbe do a wee nacho but that's as close as I'd get to them :) no idea how any bear could wear they filthy hoops

If the poets gave me 20 grand a week I would take it. Doesnt make me less of a bluenose and thats a million quid a year they are losing and getting little in return for.

Money talks. Would’ve set him up for life

He did indeed. Trevor Carson did similar although I believe he has tried to play it down in the media since.
NI bears generally have a lot deeper hatred of that lot than Scottish ones. You are hard pushed to find a bear in Scotland who doesn't have some of that lot in their family or friendship group. It's not like that in NI.

Tin hat on I think it would be a different thought process if you’re in that position.

Greg Taylor for example he’s sitting there thinking we’re not looking at him and he has the option of staying in Kilmarnock earning peanuts or moving to that lot and making a fortune. If he had multiple similar options on the table then he’d not have ended up there IMO. Must be an utterly depressing thought.

Most would take their coin if it set you and your family up for life,it could be the best get it up you in a way.

Everybody would they just wouldn't admit it on here. If your making 500 a week and celtic offers u 15k a week and theres no other options then your signing no 2 ways about it. Anyone who says they wouldn't is a liar. The argument comes up but if their offering you that then there would be other options. If thats the only choice you have to set you and your family up for life then your taking it. Anyone trying to claim they would turn it down is a liar.

Everybody would they just wouldn't admit it on here. If your making 500 a week and celtic offers u 15k a week and theres no other options then your signing no 2 ways about it. Anyone who says they wouldn't is a liar. The argument comes up but if their offering you that then there would be other options. If thats the only choice you have to set you and your family up for life then your taking it. Anyone trying to claim they would turn it down is a liar.
Kenny Dalglish and Alfie Conn come to mind.

I would turn it down without hesitation. I utterly despise everything about that disgusting club.

I love Rangers..
Just saying...

Dobbie signed for Blackpool 4 times! Can't be many players who have signed for the same team (albeit on loan) 4 times.

Kenny Dalglish and Alfie Conn come to mind.

Money talks. If
I would turn it down without hesitation. I utterly despise everything about that disgusting club.

I love Rangers..
Just saying...

So do we all but you cant possibly say you would turn it down as if it was in front of you it would be a different scenario. It's ok all of us saying we wouldn't fine well knowing the option of them paying us 15k a week is never going to happen to when it actually does. Until in that position we dont know what we would do. I'd eat shit everyday for dinner for a wage at the end of the week of 15k so I'm not going to pretend I wouldn't take their money just to be staunch.

If the poets were offering me 20k a week I must be a good enough player to get about 10k per week elsewhere. I would take 10k per week instead of their 20k.

Take that out the question. If the poets were the only option of making that 20k a week and everyone else is offering u 500 then where u going? You've kinda answered it in your reply though.

Take that out the question. If the poets were the only option of making that 20k a week and everyone else is offering u 500 then where u going? You've kinda answered it in your reply though.
That’s a hypothetical situation that is never going to happen to any football player. If they are offering you 20k per week there isn’t a hope in hell you are only getting offered 500 per week by each other option you would have elsewhere. Someone else is also offering you a significant sum elsewhere. Maybe not 20k per week but not a “normal” persons wage.

That’s a hypothetical situation that is never going to happen to any football player. If they are offering you 20k per week there isn’t a hope in hell you are only getting offered 500 per week by each other option you would have elsewhere. Someone else is also offering you a significant sum elsewhere. Maybe not 20k per week but not a “normal” persons wage.

Could maybe happen if say a Aberdeen or hearts are willing to offer 2k a week but they are offering you 20k a week. Your still not going to the side that's offering 2k a week. Football players at the top end are set for life and wont work after football but if your making 2k a week at a hearts etc for 10 years then your not set for life after it so your taking 20k everytime

Could maybe happen if say a Aberdeen or hearts are willing to offer 2k a week but they are offering you 20k a week. Your still not going to the side that's offering 2k a week. Football players at the top end are set for life and wont work after football but if your making 2k a week at a hearts etc for 10 years then your not set for life after it so your taking 20k everytime
I get what you are trying to say but in today’s climate that wouldn’t happen.

So say your SPL cannon fodder are offering you 2k per week. Celtic are not going to be diving in offering you 20k per week. They wouldn’t need to as a player who is money motivated would go for a lot less than that and it doesn’t make financial sense for them to be throwing that kind of money at a player when they know they would be getting offered significantly less elsewhere.

So the only way Celtic are offering you 20k per week is if their is someone else sniffing around offering you a decent amount aswell.

In today’s climate if Celtic are offering you 20k per week that normally means that either we are also making an offer or an English Championship side are.

Pretty much ever Scottish player they have signed in the last few years could have went to a club where they would be getting a decent wage. Scott Allan could have went to us. Greg Taylor could have went to the championship. Griffiths could also have went to the championship etc. Turnbull could have went to Norwich but we know what happened there.

Blow me

It's been mentioned on here many a time that he went on an RSC bus from Bishopbriggs with his Dad as a youngster...

I get the impression he tries his best to wipe that out of history though.

His dad commentated for the blind at Rangers games, I know another guy who has been with the RBP for years and he assures me Tanner is a bluenose.

I agree he goes down the Jim White road of self denial though.

I get what you are trying to say but in today’s climate that wouldn’t happen.

So say your SPL cannon fodder are offering you 2k per week. Celtic are not going to be diving in offering you 20k per week. They wouldn’t need to as a player who is money motivated would go for a lot less than that and it doesn’t make financial sense for them to be throwing that kind of money at a player when they know they would be getting offered significantly less elsewhere.

So the only way Celtic are offering you 20k per week is if their is someone else sniffing around offering you a decent amount aswell.

In today’s climate if Celtic are offering you 20k per week that normally means that either we are also making an offer or an English Championship side are.

Pretty much ever Scottish player they have signed in the last few years could have went to a club where they would be getting a decent wage. Scott Allan could have went to us. Greg Taylor could have went to the championship. Griffiths could also have went to the championship etc. Turnbull could have went to Norwich but we know what happened there.

It's all hypothetical tbh but if they were the only option where you could make 20k a week when others are offering 2k a week then we would all be their. Even playing for an aberdeen at 2k a week and celtic comes in at a pre contract and offers you 8k a week then your going to go. I would hazard a guess outside the top 4 clubs in scotland me or you will match the wages the rest of the clubs players are on in this league.

It's all hypothetical tbh but if they were the only option where you could make 20k a week when others are offering 2k a week then we would all be their. Even playing for an aberdeen at 2k a week and celtic comes in at a pre contract and offers you 8k a week then your going to go. I would hazard a guess outside the top 4 clubs in scotland me or you will match the wages the rest of the clubs players are on in this league.
That would be a more realistic sum. I would make sure I had a good agent and would get him whoring me down south ( presuming we weren’t interested) as my wife would have something to say if I knocked back 8k per week. I honestly don’t think I could do it. Money doesn’t motivate me.

I couldn't sign for them for £20k a week. I'm not being uber staunch but some things are more important than money.

An absolutely rancid organisation I'd be ashamed to represent. I wouldn't be setting my family up I'd be letting them down.

Totally missing the point. The whole point is you cant get it anywhere else.
I’m not missing the point. As I said if Celtic want to sign someone from the Scottish league there’s every chance rangers do as well so 9 times out of 10 the player would have a choice. I know it wouldn’t always work out that way but majority of the time it would.

The problem is that most of us will never truly know the answer here.
Maybe if you’d asked a Tom McAdam, Graeme Sinclair, Scott Brown or Greg Taylor if they’d sign for the scum, they’d have said “no, never” etc.
Maybe they’d love to have rejected the approach but, when the time came and the reality of the huge contract sunk in, it became difficult to snub.

I’m not missing the point. As I said if Celtic want to sign someone from the Scottish league there’s every chance rangers do as well so 9 times out of 10 the player would have a choice. I know it wouldn’t always work out that way but majority of the time it would.

If there was no choice though and its stay on 500 a week or sign for celtic for 20k a week. No other option there it's one or the other and you have to choose one.

He did indeed. Trevor Carson did similar although I believe he has tried to play it down in the media since.
NI bears generally have a lot deeper hatred of that lot than Scottish ones. You are hard pushed to find a bear in Scotland who doesn't have some of that lot in their family or friendship group. It's not like that in NI.
I’m Scottish and I don’t or @MearnsUnionist

From what I’ve heard he said he wouldn’t leave QOS unless for Rangers

Money talks. If

So do we all but you cant possibly say you would turn it down as if it was in front of you it would be a different scenario. It's ok all of us saying we wouldn't fine well knowing the option of them paying us 15k a week is never going to happen to when it actually does. Until in that position we dont know what we would do. I'd eat shit everyday for dinner for a wage at the end of the week of 15k so I'm not going to pretend I wouldn't take their money just to be staunch.
You'd be spending £16k on toothpaste and listerine mate.

You'd be spending £16k on toothpaste and listerine mate.

Spend it on whatever u want it's a job do them. Just like our jobs are to us. You dont like all of your work mates. Only reason you go is to get paid. And for a footballer it's just like a factory worker going to theirs.

If the poets gave me 20 grand a week I would take it. Doesnt make me less of a bluenose and thats a million quid a year they are losing and getting little in return for.
The way I look at it, if they are willing to give you that cash then someone will at least be willing to give you a decent amount.

I would rather take 10 grand a week from someone than 20 grand from THEM.

No true bear could play for them.

The way I look at it, if they are willing to give you that cash then someone will at least be willing to give you a decent amount.

I would rather take 10 grand a week from someone than 20 grand from THEM.

No true bear could play for them.
If I was being paid 20 grand a week by those bastards it would have certain similarities to my current position. A lot of money for little or no effort and a lot of time off to watch Rangers.

Kenny dalglish had 2 teams in for him and due to our first class scouting system he ended up at celtic.
Just one of many great players that could have worn the rangers jersey.

Back