Stephen Dobbie lifts lid on Rangers closed door clash as Alfredo Morelos bags double against Queen of the South

QOS are a good wee club, strange coincidence that we play the two big teams in D&G consecutively back to back - are Annan Athletic up next?

Did he not come through our youth ranks?

Good words; hopefully we can get through the next few weeks sans Alfie and Tav and then kick on and get a wee bit of a cushion at the top with a game still in hand.

Great to see there’s no rustiness in our first team player’s it sounded like a great game pity we didn’t get to see it maybe there will be some highlights on RTV.

Nice words from Stephen. Is it just me or are there a lot more positive articles about us in recent months?

Never seen that in the article, can you expand.

I would reckon Alfie’s free kicks would be like the hammer’s as he has the power.
He travelled as 19th man on Friday night. Not sure if he was involved in the bounce game though. Admittedly, slightly off topic for the thread though. Apologies if I've thrown everyone a curveball.

Good article although Morelos got a 2 match ban for his red card against Celtic. The other match was a cuo suspension from last season. Its basic facts youd like to think they could at least get that correct.

Interesting to hear that he scored a free kick, wonder if we will see him hit the odd one when he is back?
Can't be any worse than Tavernier. Tav scored with a couple a few years back but has been poor with them since. He still seems to think he is candidate No.1 though.

Was always important to keep Alfie ticking over especially, glad he got a couple of goals. If he gets 50 goals this season and we win the title, it'll be talked about for years.

Yeah. Agree with that. Patterson did all he was asked on Friday. I'd start with him v St Mirren and see how he gets on.
Agreed, I'd go with Paterson on Wednesday he has the home debut with the crowd out the way and so knows what to expect - he provides an attacking threat and technical ability on the ball that Flanagan just doesn't have

This is most welcome: senior players unscathed and a few young 'uns getting game time with them.

(Although I fear Stephen can forget about a future in MSM if he continues with positive stuff like this.)

Good read and a positive article in general. Again Gerrard standards mean first team working hard even in bounce games which is good to see as youngsters see this also.

Would be good to see Morelos’ free kick, reckon he’d go for power rather than precision like Boyd used to with his free kicks.

think on Wednesday we will go McGregor, Goldson, Katic Flanagan, Barasic, Kamara, Davis, Jack, Kent Aribo & Defoe.

This is a big big match without Alfie & Tav against a well drilled St Mirren team who have added a couple of new guys.

I’d take a one goal victory, as this wont be a pushover.

Latest posts

Back