Stephen Kelly on his time at Ross County

mdingwall

Administrator
EfL1QIq.jpg

X6w7DzN.jpg

It’s brilliant that both Wilson and Gary mac were on hand to give him advice, must be a great environment for a young player when you feel you can go directly to the assistant manager or straight to the director of football

Another loan next season where he plays 90 minutes most week would be ideal before joining our squad the year after.
He does play 90 minutes most weeks, took him a couple of months to work his way into the team (as it should).

Since then he’s played majority of minutes in the majority of games mate, the way he has changed his game I see him as being primed to take over from Davis.

So, I wonder if the club will want him around to learn from the Ballymena Pirlo or out on loan again.

Personally, I’d give him another 6 month loan, then get him back & ready should Davis leave in 2022.

He does play 90 minutes most weeks, took him a couple of months to work his way into the team (as it should).

Since then he’s played majority of minutes in the majority of games mate, the way he has changed his game I see him as being primed to take over from Davis.

So, I wonder if the club will want him around to learn from the Ballymena Pirlo or out on loan again.

Personally, I’d give him another 6 month loan, then get him back & ready should Davis leave in 2022.
Yeah, just when I checked I noticed he only had 9 starts but as you say that was due to him not starting as much at the start of the season.
Another 6 month loan might be just the ticket then and we can assess from there.

Seems to have done well getting himself into the County side and performing in the premiership, as well as his success with Ayr last season.

Pretty confident he'll make it with us and get his chance to impress, its a good time for him to come through and probably be looked at as the next Davis.

I've hardly seen any of the lad, but what a great attitude he seems to have.
Young guy away from home, 4 managers in two loan spells during a pandemic, but kept his head down, worked hard and seeing the benefits now.
If his ability matches that attitude, he's got a chance with us.

Living in this part of the world know a few County fans. They are impressed with him, say he has a good range of passing, excellent work rate and has improved their team. Says he seems to be given more freedom with Hughes.

Like the effort the lad puts in, he must be progressing well, we seem to have few youngsters developing int he right direction, Kelly, Patterson, Kennedy and Mayo seem to have a realistic chance of the first team. A few others also with potential. Been a long time since that was the case at our club. Great thing to see.

sure Kelly was one of the first youths under Gerrard to get a pro contract and was brought straight into the senior squad.

Sure he has done the last few pre seasons with us as well.

Disagree about another six month loan, personally. I know it's said all the time but I can't see Davis playing another 60 game season week in week out, especially with CL football. Kelly should still get upwards of 20 starts and 20 sub appearances if he keep back and was part of the squad next season IMO.

Disagree about another six month loan, personally. I know it's said all the time but I can't see Davis playing another 60 game season week in week out, especially with CL football. Kelly should still get upwards of 20 starts and 20 sub appearances if he keep back and was part of the squad next season IMO.
I’d love that, but I’m not sure that’ll be the case. Just have to wait & see I suppose.

Sounds sensible tbh mate,I'd hope McCrorie,Kelly and Kennedy might all contribute at some points next season.
(Robbie obv)

Back