Stephen Kelly

We should have made a space for him due to the home grown rule. Maybe we still will. We'd need to work out how many midfielders we have ahead of him first. Too tired to do that just now.

If he’s not made an impact at 22 he’s not going to for us. He’ll carve out a half decent career in the lower leagues in England

He looked good in the pre season games then disapeared. It baffles me why we spend so much money on Auchenhowie and then take the likes of Diallo on loan and start him in a Cup Final. We have a great crop of youngsters as was shown at Tynecastle. Personally I would like to,see them get,their chance than some other clubs prospects

What a goal never seen the game but did think it was odd the way folk wrote him off, always happens when not foreign, looked a good player in pre-season and didnt get much of a chance after that.

23 by the end of the season and not had any loans at a high level, more than likely away this window.
Spent season 20/21 playing in the top flight of the SPFL with Ross County mate. 29 appearances. Came back and looked really good in pre-season and I thought he might be kept on with the first team squad. The fact he wasn’t has probably ‘killed’ his Rangers career now, with stiffer competition and McCann, arguably, the new kid on the block in his position.

I agree he will likely move on but he’s a good player who might, just, have made a go of it.

Spent season 20/21 playing in the top flight of the SPFL with Ross County mate. 29 appearances. Came back and looked really good in pre-season and I thought he might be kept on with the first team squad. The fact he wasn’t has probably ‘killed’ his Rangers career now, with stiffer competition and McCann, arguably, the new kid on the block in his position.

I agree he will likely move on but he’s a good player who might, just, have made a go of it.

Would rank Ross County low enough to not progress to the Rangers first team! Same with Middleton at St Johnstone, I think you can usually tell by a player's age and level they're on loan at whether they're going to make it.

Nice footballer, wanted him to get a chance last season but he has been nothing more than OK in his loan spells at County & Salford.

Will have a good career, but not at Rangers.

Hopefully with ajax dude in now we'll start kicking on with giving the young players a proper chance this season.

He looked good in the pre season games then disapeared. It baffles me why we spend so much money on Auchenhowie and then take the likes of Diallo on loan and start him in a Cup Final. We have a great crop of youngsters as was shown at Tynecastle. Personally I would like to,see them get,their chance than some other clubs prospects
I think those youth players, Lowry etc, are a different level and prospect to Kelly.

I think Kelly has done well in his loans playing with teams that don’t have a lot of possession, he is much more suited to playing in a team that has the ball that’s why he was so good last pre season but he has about 80 real games under his belt so can’t understand why McCann would be ahead of him when he has one or two because all the loan players would look very good in the lowland league

Back