Stephen Kelly

Just spoke to an Ayr fan today and he was absolutely raving about young Kelly.I believe this boy is a far superior player to Docherty and should have been kept in the squad.

Behave yourself. Hopefully in future, yes.

It’s also harder to score from outside the box when teams have so many bodies between the ball and the goal I.e when teams camp in v us.

The reason we don't score from outside the box a lot is Ibrox's groans whenever someone makes a mistake stop players attempting them

King likes a dig from outside the box. The midfield in general could be doing with chipping in with more goals.

He reminds me so much of Paul Scholes. I’m not comparing ability of course before folk start but it’s his technique and style on the ball. Even his gait is similar.

I’m a huge fan of the boy and I hope he makes it with us. The thing in his favour also is Gerrard absolutely loves him too.

The reason we don't score from outside the box a lot is Ibrox's groans whenever someone makes a mistake stop players attempting them

If that was really putting our players off from having a pop at goal then I doubt I’d want them to be playing for us.

I don’t think that is an issue though, I just think they aren’t very good at it so don’t bother. Should be practiced more in training.

Spoke to an ayr fan who goes home and away. Says it's obvious Kelly is a player in the making but he surrenders possession far too often. Optimistic that this loan spell will improve his ball retention and he'll return a much more complete midfielder.

That’s two cracking goals he’s scored for them.

Watching the highlights, QOTS must have been kicking themselves all the way home with that result.

Im not saying %^*& all, but Ayr Utd mate who Ive just spent the night in his company was telling me we(as a support) should be getting very excited

Just spoke to an Ayr fan today and he was absolutely raving about young Kelly.I believe this boy is a far superior player to Docherty and should have been kept in the squad.
Nothing like it.

To get my Nat King For some reason, I was in Dundee last weekend and watched Dundee vs Ayr at Dens. Young Kelly is a tidy player but has a lot of growing up to do. He is at least 2 years away from being anything like Docherty.

There are times when it’s the player you see as having the potential who gets loaned out.

.I believe this boy is a far superior player to Docherty and should have been kept in the squad
He may or may not be, but at 19 years old, keeping him in the squad getting 10-20 minutes here and there, and maybe the odd start is not going to help develop him into a first team regular.

Surely you can see why he is on loan?

He has the type of football style I like in a player
Only seen glimpse of him
Always looks comfortable an tends to always find space

One issue with that logic. Doc's got literally hundreda of senior appearences now. He had developed his game and we know his game.

Kelly has vitually nothing. We are only appreciating his qualities now preciely because hes gone out on loan and showcasing them at senior level. Really hope this continues but at his stage he needs regular games and he'd barely get any with us. Same goes for the other loan boys. Its fantastic to see tham getting blooded at good levels at early ages now. Hopefully we'll see the benefit in terms of impact on our 1st XI or in transfer fees in the future!

He reminds me so much of Paul Scholes. I’m not comparing ability of course before folk start but it’s his technique and style on the ball. Even his gait is similar.

I’m a huge fan of the boy and I hope he makes it with us. The thing in his favour also is Gerrard absolutely loves him too.

Exactly this. Got a tour of the training centre and watched the game against Icelandic team. We got a debrief from Craig mullholland and Lovenkrands. They showed the runs he made and his passing and it was Paul Scholes like. Looks like he has bulked up a bit too

Exactly this. Got a tour of the training centre and watched the game against Icelandic team. We got a debrief from Craig mullholland and Lovenkrands. They showed the runs he made and his passing and it was Paul Scholes like. Looks like he has bulked up a bit too
Spoke to his grandad this morning and he said he is bulking up a bit now and is playing well, also said mccrorie had a good game yesterday

Back