Stephen O'Donnell - Kilmarnock

Leo_Ger

Seen this earlier, have a few guys from the Scotland squad playing Sensible Soccer.

https://twitter.com/ScotlandNT/status/1037449806124331008?s=19

All pretty jovial stuff, however at the 3:23 after Snodgrass' playing as Holland makes a foul, ex-Celtic youth player O'Donnell seems to mutter the words 'Dirty Orange' with a smirk before stopping himself saying bastard, realising that he's being recorded.

Might be much ado about nothing but sure there would be people up in arms if the shoe was in the other foot with the connotations.

Was there not a video of super turning up late for a Scotland squad photo and tommy burns was it? Saying some similar? Taken as banter I believe? Anyone got the video?

Was there not a video of super turning up late for a Scotland squad photo and tommy burns was it? Saying some similar? Taken as banter I believe? Anyone got the video?

Think McCoist told a story about it in an interview.

Not sure if there's a video of Burns saying it.

was it not a story Ally was telling Si Ferry

not sure if there was video of it, it was at a team photo im sure

Quite possibly could have been the interview actually. Just had a vision in my head of seeing the video lol

Seen this earlier, have a few guys from the Scotland squad playing Sensible Soccer.

All pretty jovial stuff, however at the 3:23 after Snodgrass' playing as Holland makes a foul, ex-Celtic youth player O'Donnell seems to mutter the words 'Dirty Orange' with a smirk before stopping himself saying bastard, realising that he's being recorded.

Might be much ado about nothing but sure there would be people up in arms if the shoe was in the other foot with the connotations.

If he received a red for punching the air. Then..... imagine.

Imagine. Just imagine - Andy Halliday calling a fellow footballer a dirty 19th Century Terrorist. Never mind bastard.

These 2 words would see him in jail.

This needs to get to the news outlets, all over social media, to the SFA board, to Kilmarnock FC who he plays for.

Get tweeting/sharing bears. No place to hide for this latest bigot.

I have said many times, orange/protestant bastard etc is banter, but just imagine the fallout if you dared utter catholic, jewish, muslim, sikh bastard etc and you would be in court, we allow ourselves to be an easy target, McCoist and others telling it as an anecdote does us no favours whatsoever

Few years back when Rangers & them had their own tv channel their was a 2 hour documentary on their side about Burns, some of the guys who hadn't grown up celtc minded basically reeled off how Tommy was the chief protagonist in the 'DoB' bantz. These players provan, McGrain, McLeod all said afterwards it was just banter you know.

It wasn't, they hate us. And our fans should never forget that.

He's playing against Holland and Snodgrass has just chopped him down hence why he's said dirty orange...

Considering Snodgrass is a celtic fan, I don't see the issue at all?

The get out clause is he’s playing Holland who wear Orange. We all know what he means but that’ll be the excuse. Wonder if they were playing ROI if he’d utter the words dirty green ........... .

He's playing against Holland and Snodgrass has just chopped him down hence why he's said dirty orange...

Thats a common phrase from the tims, we know what it means.
It just rolled off the tongue.

I think if you're a person from the west of Scotland, then you're au fait with 'Dirty Orange bastards' being a commonly used sectarian term by a certain group of people. I think it's clear to me that he's using the term with that in mind with the wee smirk on his face.

He then plays Paterson who goes as Spain, after fouls doesn't use the term 'Dirty reds'. I don't imagine if he played England or Brazil, it would come into his mind to say a quip like 'Dirty whites' or 'Dirty yellows'.

I don't think it's a sectarian attack on Robert Snodgrass. I think it's a daft wee guy knowing that he's hinting at secterian language but know that would be censored or condemned if it was in relation to any other group in Scotland.

Maybe 20 years ago your response would be correct. However, this is part of a wider issue, as many have highlighted in this thread.

For example, Rangers only play part of Simply the Best now as the teams walk out. Meanwhile, at parkhead they play the full songs, allowing their fans to sing the add ons.

In isolation, one example like this may sound petty. They just chip away at everything we do, meanwhile they are allowed the freedom to be sectarian and divisive whenever and wherever they please.

I worry we are too late to reverse the damage they’ve done.

Like this thread you mean!?

Snodgrass is a Selik fan.

Like this thread you mean!?

Mean pretty much beyond football messageboards. We're not on an even playing field here.

Like how a club wanting to set-up a fanzone is potrayed by certain politicians and media as potentially 'stoking sectarianism'.

Where as a club knowingly plays a song for their stadium to sing about the IRA without much backlash or comment.

I don't think it's a sectarian attack on Robert Snodgrass. I think it's a daft wee guy knowing that he's hinting at secterian language but know that would be censored or condemned if it was in relation to any other group in Scotland.

Or in this instance a mild joke between 2 friends/team mates?

Guys playing FIFA/Sensible Soccer/ISS Pro in the house and probably call each other allsorts, it's not a shock horror phenomenon.

He's probably still pissed off at wee Alfie in his orange strip tearing him a new arsehole a couple of weeks ago.

Serisously though this is just going out of your way to be offended stuff.

Another example of Scotland's one sided bigotry problem

He gets away with it because the media and the politicians are up to their necks in it

%^*& him he is just another mutant.
Any poet that says that to me i just laugh at them and say .... proud of it

Similar happened years ago when watching Scotland vs. Holland in a bar here in NY. A Celtic fan thought he'd be smart shouting DOB when a Dutch player made a foul. He was confronted and tried to back down with only joking etc. A little weasel. Much like this instance.

Back