Stephen O'Donnell - Kilmarnock

I remember this thread from years back and it's clear O'Donnell isn't the brightest.

His verging on tears interview on Sportscene when asked about Lennon and whether he should be removed from his job and his hope that season 21/22 would be closer than a 25 point gapbetween the top two "for the benefit of the league as a whole" marked him out as weapon too.

The boy's a prick and he's not a great footballer either. I hope Celtic sign him.
Agree, crazy how SOD says rangers being so far ahead is disappointing but the fact Celtic were without a real challenge for 9 seasons it wasn’t disappointing, they were the vast thing since sliced bread

I slaughtered him against the Czechs but tonight I thought he did well.
Fair play to him.
I know, subtract some staunch points from me.
That’s the point isn’t it , he done much better last night yet Clarke said after the two zilch beating he was good . No one else agreed with him mind you .

last night there was plenty of space to play passes into whereas the Czech racists squeezed the space incessantly and he had a poor game .

It was a manager creating a false perspective imo

spfl journeyman at best
Should be nowhere near a major international tournament.
especially when you have young Nathan sitting there, o’donnell couldn’t lace his boots fs

He's put in 1 cross in 2 games. England got in behind him a few times and didn't take advantage. He wasn't abysmal last night, but he was hardly cafu. Hopefully this turd polishing gets him his dream move. He's gash.

O'Donnell is the type of player the manager wants, he makes 40yard passes and is a target man for the keeper to punt the ball up the park. He's not interested in having a like for like right and left wing backs who can play football. He has left side for playing football and right side for the punts up the park.

His 1 cross and 1 shot will result in the best RB in the country getting nowhere near the team for several years.
Hope Borna makes a speedy recovery and shows the world just how shite O'Donnell really is.

Tbh he did well last night and the only way Nathan will get a chance v Croatia is if Clarke wants to use him because he knows Borna better than anyone else but it’s looking very unlikely he’s even going to be fit to play.

I think Nathan needs to prove it at club level before he overtakes ODonnell because he is a better player but it’s difficult to drop him after last night. If we do end up changing formation to suit him and Tav as Gary Mac hinted we could, Nathan will prove he’s better, but for now he’s probably just delighted to have been selected to play at the Euros.

Tbh he did well last night and the only way Nathan will get a chance v Croatia is if Clarke wants to use him because he knows Borna better than anyone else but it’s looking very unlikely he’s even going to be fit to play.

I think Nathan needs to prove it at club level before he overtakes ODonnell because he is a better player but it’s difficult to drop him after last night. If we do end up changing formation to suit him and Tav as Gary Mac hinted we could, Nathan will prove he’s better, but for now he’s probably just delighted to have been selected to play at the Euros.
Odonnell cannot take on a player and go past him though, he constantly turns and passes back, we need a threat going forward, Patterson offers us that.

Odonnell cannot take on a player and go past him though, he constantly turns and passes back, we need a threat going forward, Patterson offers us that.
I know that but Clarke isn’t dropping O’Donnell unless he decides to try and get someone to get at Borna (which I think particularly playing for Croatia Nathan will come out on top)

He played ok against England which i expected as most on time it was going to be like a back 5, but against czech was our chance to attack and put crosses in and enjoy alot of the ball n he was useless

O'Donnell made me eat my words last night. Guess we'll just need to see how he handles Perišić on Tuesday night. Don't think Borna is going to be fit, hasn't made a squad yet for Croatia, sadly. It was quite visible that the English attempted to isolate him but the whole Scotland team pitched in and made sure he was covered.

Interested to see how Clarke handles the Croats. They've looked very poor so far but they've still got quality enough to do damage.

Within his limitations he played well last night - better than I thought possible, but Scotland needs a better player in that position.

I think Nathan is that player, but he needs to get more game time to prove it.

England were poor last night flattering Scotland . They won't get anywhere as long as Clarke's in charge. He' ll get let down eventually with the games for the bhoys approach.

Last edited:
That’s the point isn’t it , he done much better last night yet Clarke said after the two zilch beating he was good . No one else agreed with him mind you .

last night there was plenty of space to play passes into whereas the Czech racists squeezed the space incessantly and he had a poor game .

It was a manager creating a false perspective imo

I kind of understand Clarke after the Czech game though. There’s no way a manager is going to blooter one of his own players after the match. We can say what we want about Clarke, O’Donnell, etc but he’s at least got them together as a unit and won’t want to jeopardise that.

Nathan Patterson can do everything Odonnell can do plus take on a player, cross and he has way more pace to get up and down the pitch. The amount of times players do not pass to him in acres of space on the right speaks volumes, it was continual and actually quite funny.

Alkie can be stubborn and say he played ok, and he would be right, but that isn't the point. He does a job, it's just that Patterson can do the job better by a distance. You only have to look at the changes from a week ago and how much the team improved because of them, small club mentality sticking with the old guard, he was exactly the same with Ryan Jack and we all know why!.

SOD had 1 shot last night and people are saying he had a good game? Id bet my life nathan would have had at least a few shots and a few crosses into the box. He doesn't offer enough as a wing back.

He probably had the best game I’ve seen him play last night but I still think there is a lack of balance on that side. Patterson would be charging up that wing getting crosses in, 9 times out of 10 O’Donnell takes a heavy touch then passes it backwards

Nathan Patterson can do everything Odonnell can do plus take on a player, cross and he has way more pace to get up and down the pitch. The amount of times players do not pass to him in acres of space on the right speaks volumes, it was continual and actually quite funny.

Alkie can be stubborn and say he played ok, and he would be right, but that isn't the point. He does a job, it's just that Patterson can do the job better by a distance. You only have to look at the changes from a week ago and how much the team improved because of them, small club mentality sticking with the old guard, he was exactly the same with Ryan Jack and we all know why!.
Spot on - it’s about having a player that’s better is a more positive way to phrase it. It’s not going on about how bad SOD is or isn’t it’s how good a player we have that’s not being given a chance. Scotland does have any world class talents so to achieve anything we need the best we have in all departments.

Also what’s the grassing story about??

He might have done well, but he has no pace or attacking qualities, anytime he comes up on a 1-2-1 he passes back to the goalkeeper or a defender.

There is nothing he brings to the table that Patterson wouldn't, but theres plenty that Patterson would bring that O'Donnell doesn't have.

Have you got a character limit on your posts? :))
Patrick who?

Stephen O’Donnell would have been at Partick Thistle at the same time as Jordan McMillan who later got a ban for failing a drug test. Apparently he was targeted for testing after a crime stoppers tip off. The poster who initially called O’Donnell a grass possibly suggesting O’Donnell gave the tip off?

I slaughtered him against the Czechs but tonight I thought he did well.
Fair play to him.
I know, subtract some staunch points from me.
Takes balls to admit you were wrong about him. I was the same. I thought he was atrocious against Czech Republic but he played a great game tonight. Was solid at both ends of the park. I still think that going forward Nathan Patterson is the man to play that position but O'Donnell can hold his high this morning after that performance.

Patterson and nisbit should have had the last 20 mins, what was there to lose then.
Dykes was knackered after 60 mins....

Clarke has his favourites, ability has some influence in his choice but not always, O' Donnell being case in point

Stephen O’Donnell would have been at Partick Thistle at the same time as Jordan McMillan who later got a ban for failing a drug test. Apparently he was targeted for testing after a crime stoppers tip off. The poster who initially called O’Donnell a grass possibly suggesting O’Donnell gave the tip off?
Utter fabrication.

not like somebody on the internet to make something up

I don't know enough about the player and am sure it was just an innocent comment with no intended malice but just imagine a Rangers player was being filmed while on Scotland duty and uttered the f word after being down by an Ireland player on fifa.
Never in a million years

Back