Stephen O'Donnell - Kilmarnock

Or in this instance a mild joke between 2 friends/team mates?

Guys playing FIFA/Sensible Soccer/ISS Pro in the house and probably call each other allsorts, it's not a shock horror phenomenon.

That's a fair enough stance to take mate. I never suggested people giving each other abuse or banter during game playing was a 'shock horror phenomenon'. It's quite common, however, in the field of media where people record themselves playing games online there's been examples of people getting into bother for language used.

Just your personal opinion, do you think if you replaced him saying orange with what can be viewed as another group of people then everybody who views it on Twitter would view it as light banter and it would pass without comment?

I'm personally not offended by any of the names but we as a fanbase didn't create the current climate. I just personally think if two players from our side of the divide in a similar context were to say 'Dirty 19th Century Terrorist...' as a joke or whatever then it wouldn't be up on the site and if it did slip under the radar, it would be open to media comment.

That's a fair enough stance to take mate. I never suggested people giving each other abuse or banter during game playing was a 'shock horror phenomenon'. It's quite common, however, in the field of media where people record themselves playing games online there's been examples of people getting into bother for language used.

Just your personal opinion, do you think if you replaced him saying orange with what can be viewed as another group of people then everybody who views it on Twitter would view it as light banter and it would pass without comment?

I'm personally not offended by any of the names but we as a fanbase didn't create the current climate. I just personally think if two players from our side of the divide in a similar context were to say 'Dirty 19th Century Terrorist...' as a joke or whatever then it wouldn't be up on the site and if it did slip under the radar, it would be open to media comment.

Personally speaking if Snodgrass had muttered dirty 19th Century Terrorist and stopped I'd have the same opinion, but I know the world we live in and that it would be pounced on. It's quite tragic really that 2 friends/team mates cannot have a personal laugh towards the edge without it getting highlighted and the likes. (Be that 19th Century Terrorist or orange)

Overall though in this day and age, folk need to watch what they are saying, it's the unfortunate way of the world where people go out their way (not aimed at you, society in general) to get involved and offended by what was probably a personal joke between 2 young guys.

I saw a picture of a guy getting an award (an actor) the other day and he had his arm round his co-star or whoever was female. He had his hand on her clothed waist but lifted his thumb from her exposed skin. It was roundly pointed out he done this by the media....I mean FFS (ok it's a wee bit different) but it just seems that anything is open to allegation and folk desperate to ruin people.

Bit of a reach tbh. If ‘19th Century Terrorist’ was also a colour then maybe it could be compared, but saying “dirty orange..” when Snodgrass - a mentally challenged - is playing as Holland, it sounds like a poor attempt at humour.

Personally speaking if Snodgrass had muttered dirty 19th Century Terrorist and stopped I'd have the same opinion, but I know the world we live in and that it would be pounced on. It's quite tragic really that 2 friends/team mates cannot have a personal laugh towards the edge without it getting highlighted and the likes. (Be that 19th Century Terrorist or orange)

Overall though in this day and age, folk need to watch what they are saying, it's the unfortunate way of the world where people go out their way (not aimed at you, society in general) to get involved and offended by what was probably a personal joke between 2 young guys.

I saw a picture of a guy getting an award (an actor) the other day and he had his arm round his co-star or whoever was female. He had his hand on her clothed waist but lifted his thumb from her exposed skin. It was roundly pointed out he done this by the media....I mean FFS (ok it's a wee bit different) but it just seems that anything is open to allegation and folk desperate to ruin people.
Well it certainly wasn't the dirty orange among us that created that environment. Their bed, they made it, let them lie in it.

Bit of a reach tbh. If ‘19th Century Terrorist’ was also a colour then maybe it could be compared, but saying “dirty orange..” when Snodgrass - a mentally challenged - is playing as Holland, it sounds like a poor attempt at humour.

If 19th Century Terrorist was a colour I reckon it would be dark brown with a hint of green. The colour of shite after a night on the Guinness.

Was there not a video of super turning up late for a Scotland squad
photo and tommy burns was it? Saying some similar? Taken as banter I believe? Anyone got the video?
The story was first relayed by super on a celtic tv tribute to tommy burns following his death in 2008

What if he was playing as Belgium in their black away tops would that just be humour and would the SFA still not edit it out of their vid

The problem with the Orange folk in Scotland is we've stopped being right bas*cards.

Everyone else now delights in having a kick.

i don't care what they say about us it really does not offend me one bit, i just wish we got the same leeway but they run to social media crying when you mention anything they do not like.

When I was growing up there was about 30 - 40 of us hung about, probably 60 - 40 in our favour.

They were ***s( still are :D) we were DOBs, and not a hint of trouble.

Then, into the nineties the mentally challengeds started being all offended by certain songs which has carried on to this day.

I personally couldn't give a phuck what they c.unts sing but if they're going start on us for every wee thing then I'm afraid we must fight fire with fire.

NS.

Think this thread needs brought back up following the events of the last 24 hours particularly with it concerning one of Clarke's own players and the sfa statement from earlier. The difference in reporting between the words orange and 19th Century Terrorist is ridiculous.

When will CO issue a complaint ??

We should ask Clarke what he thinks he of this?

Let’s face it O’Donnell is guilty

I don't know enough about the player and am sure it was just an innocent comment with no intended malice but just imagine a Rangers player was being filmed while on Scotland duty and uttered the f word after being down by an Ireland player on fifa.

As a kid once playing against St Pats in a cup final down at Somerset Park I committed a fairly hefty challenge on one of them to which someone in the stand shouted “DOB”. My mother, who is an Irish catholic walked up to him and said, “one out of three isn’t bad, he’s Orange”

Seen this earlier, have a few guys from the Scotland squad playing Sensible Soccer.

All pretty jovial stuff, however at the 3:23 after Snodgrass' playing as Holland makes a foul, ex-Celtic youth player O'Donnell seems to mutter the words 'Dirty Orange' with a smirk before stopping himself saying bastard, realising that he's being recorded.

Might be much ado about nothing but sure there would be people up in arms if the shoe was in the other foot with the connotations.
Just banter mate.....

I’m more outraged Stephen O’Donnell makes a Scotland squad.

Apart from being a bitter mentally challenged b@stard, he’s fucking shite.

Think this thread needs brought back up following the events of the last 24 hours particularly with it concerning one of Clarke's own players and the sfa statement from earlier. The difference in reporting between the words orange and 19th Century Terrorist is ridiculous.

We need to release a statement highlighting the hypocrisy.

I’m more outraged Stephen O’Donnell makes a Scotland squad.

Apart from being a bitter mentally challenged b@stard, he’s fucking shite.

I actually think he's the best Right Back in the league outside of Rangers to be honest and can definitely see him signing with the filth in the future.

He is a w@nk though, among the many other things that certainly make him and them compatible.

Will be a Celtic player in the summer when Clarke goes to the pig pen, hates us with a passion our players should be in his face goading him and making sure he knows his place when we are beating his team 5-0

Genuinely embarrassing that its been kept in an official SFA video, absolutely no way its been missed.

As for SOD, piss poor footballer and a wank of a man. Mind at under 10s football etc when a player was utterly shite but got a game anyway because the manager was his Dads pal? This is what its like with him and Clarke

It's not just shit patter though is it. Imagine it was Ryan Jack and he said "dirty fen..."

Attitudes like yours are why we're getting absolutely shafted day after day after day.

Okay.

What are you doing about this to stop us getting “shafted” then?

I remember this thread from years back and it's clear O'Donnell isn't the brightest.

His verging on tears interview on Sportscene when asked about Lennon and whether he should be removed from his job and his hope that season 21/22 would be closer than a 25 point gapbetween the top two "for the benefit of the league as a whole" marked him out as weapon too.

The boy's a prick and he's not a great footballer either. I hope Celtic sign him.

Back