Sterling dropped by England after training ground bust up with Joe Gomez

I genuiely don't get what Sterling has done in his career to deserve all the hate he gets.

Is it honestly because he left Liverpool for City? He's justfiieid that by winning things.

Surely it's not people believing the red tops saying things like he has 40 kids and doesn't pay child support etc.

Liverpool would be getting ribbed by people who were fooled by the invented mentally challenged love in.

Liverpool have always stood beside Rangers. Only their new age uneducated fans buy into any Bheast love in.

I think their tarriar-esque perennial victim mentality has a lot to do with it too. If their support are anything to go by they certainly haven’t “stood” beside us, I’m not sure why anyone would want them to either. I’d rather leave the love us love us tripe to the beasts.

Players used to have punch ups every other week in training. Everything is OTT in the media now.

Southgate is the one who has made this more of a story this time mind you.

I can see why he might be worried that these things could hold the squad back, but it'll be interesting to see how players react to that approach.

Liverpool would be getting ribbed by people who were fooled by the invented mentally challenged love in.

Liverpool have always stood beside Rangers. Only their new age uneducated fans buy into any Bheast love in.

i think thats one of the biggest myths in history , scousers in general , liverpool or everton tend to be the opposite of rangers fans in many ways.

it just happens that in the early years liverpool had a slightly higher percentage of fans who'd prefer rangers, its basically the english dublin and i know this all too well BUT there isn't really a love in with the tims either, only really from irish fans

I await his "victim" statement.

Both Joe and I have had words and figured things out and moved on," Sterling said via his Instagram account on Tuesday.

"We are in a sport where emotions run high and I am man enough to admit when emotions got the better of me.

"This is why we play this sport because of our love for it - me and Joe Gomez are good, we both understand it was a five to 10 second thing... it's done, we move forward and not make this bigger than it is.

"Let's get focus on our game on Thursday,"

Heard the headline on radio this morning but after reading story there seems much ado about nothing. Left out for one game as a warning seems fair enough and a world away from "sensationally axed"

All parties seem content with the action taken.

I’m sure everyone will move on, swiftly. If they haven’t already done so.

i think thats one of the biggest myths in history , scousers in general , liverpool or everton tend to be the opposite of rangers fans in many ways.

it just happens that in the early years liverpool had a slightly higher percentage of fans who'd prefer rangers, its basically the english dublin and i know this all too well BUT there isn't really a love in with the tims either, only really from irish fans
Some years ago I was in among Liverpool supporters at a game. Their songs and chants were mainly anti British and the Queen.

Sterling of one of the best players in the world and I like the fact he has fire in his belly. Makes for a winner.

Some years ago I was in among Liverpool supporters at a game. Their songs and chants were mainly anti British and the Queen.

ye , my inlaws took me to a liverpool chelsea game before , heard all the same chants, also i got taken to the FA cup final , funnily enough against chelsea again, boo'd the national anthem sang about sticking " the royal family up your arse" whatever that may mean

Sterling of one of the best players in the world and I like the fact he has fire in his belly. Makes for a winner.

Yeah, it comes across as petulance at times but on the field i'd rather have a guy like that than some of the guys at Arsenal for example who wander about looking half arsed half the time.

Sterling took a load of verbal abuse from the Liverpool fans on Sunday, it obviously had an effect on him. I think he still had this on his mind when he met up with England and got involved again with Gomez. I agree with some other posts, there's no way he would have got dropped if they were playing a crucial game against one of the top sides, he's their best player by a mile. I hope city get their act together and win the league.

They already have and he will play in the next match. If it was that bad he would be removed from the squad not kept with it.

He’s already apologised to Gomes so presumably thats the end of it and no need to remove him from squad.

Not true at all , he played very well and gave Terence Trent Darby a roasting

From Sky:

Raheem Sterling - 6
Never gave up hope as Liverpool raced into the lead and kept his cool as the Anfield crowd singled him out for attention. Kept plugging away but was ultimately unable to produce the goods.

Trent Alexander-Arnold - 8
Initiated the move that led to Liverpool's second goal with a sublime cross-field pass. Frustrated and contained Sterling in the first period and tried his best to maintain that as fatigue crept in.

The Independant:

Trent Alexander-Arnold
8 - made charging runs and brilliant cross-field balls, and won his battle with Raheem Sterling

Raheem Sterling
6 - worked hard but ultimately failed to produce an end product

If I was Sterling and I had a serious problem with Gomez after Sunday’s match I would have waited until the first England training pitch opportunity and left one on him. Actions speak louder than words. But in all honesty in the heat of 90 mins I’m sure most of us who have played football have had fall outs with mates who were playing for the opposition but after the game you shook hands and forgot about it..........until the next time.

Really? Hopefully Morelos and Katic never have an argument if this is a common point of view.

Picture in the paper with Gomez today with a long scratch under his eye.
998.jpg

Bored of hearing about this. Been in car since 7am and, barring interviews with Conor Benn and Chris Smalling, is all they’ve spoken about on Talksport.

Bored of hearing about this. Been in car since 7am and, barring interviews with Conor Benn and Chris Smalling, is all they’ve spoken about on Talksport.

I thought the same & I was only in the car for an hour this morning.

All these ex pro's coming away with 'Southgate hasn't handled this well'. How the f*ck would you know, you weren't there!?

Gomez was acting the big man on the park on Sunday. Fair play to Sterling for digging him up on it. Seen a pic of Gomez in training today and he has a scratch under his eye so looks like the altercation was physical :D

The treatment Sterling gets from the media and fans down south is a disgrace in all honesty. What has he even done to be so hated and pillored from all angles?

He's a genuine world class talent. Seems level headed and does a lot for charity etc.

SPORT
BREAKING Raheem Sterling dropped by England after training bust-up with Joe Gomez
The two Three Lions' stars had a heated exchange during the Premier League title clash on Sunday which has spilled over into international duty

• BY JOHN CROSS
  • 23:17, 11 NOV 2019UPDATED23:24, 11 NOV 2019
IN PICTURES: LIVERPOOL BEAT MANCHESTER CITY 3-1 AT ANFIELD
Raheem Sterling has been sensationally axed from England’s Euro 2020 qualifier with Montenegro after a remarkable bust-up with Joe Gomez.
England boss Gareth Southgate has taken the amazing step after players witnessed Sterling re-ignite a row which started at Anfield on Sunday.

Sterling is understood to have still been simmering after the title showdown and immediately continued the row when they reported up at St George’s Park on Monday.
Manchester City star Sterling is understood to have tried to provoke a reaction from Gomez and witnesses said they heard him ask the Liverpool defender whether he was “still the big man.”

Read More

Teammates had to pull them apart during the Premier League match(Image: Getty Images)Gomez was in good spirits when he joined up for duty but soon rowed with Sterling(Image: Eddie Keogh for The FA/REX)
Gomez kept his cool and resisted getting involved but was left fuming by the row and was shocked that Sterling would react in such a way.
It is understood that Sterling later apologised to his England team mate but it was not enough for Southgate who decided to take the extraordinary action.

Sterling will remain with the squad and could play against Kosovo but Southgate wanted to make a statement after the row which happened in a private team area at St George’s Park.

Southgate said last night: “We have taken the decision to not consider Raheem for the match against Montenegro on Thursday.
“One of the great challenges and strengths for us is that we’ve been able to separate club rivalries from the national team. Unfortunately the emotions of yesterday’s game were still raw.

Mirror Football's Top Stories
Premier League team of the weekIs the title race over?10 Premier League talking pointsKeane and Mourinho make title prediction

“My feeling is that the right thing for the team is the action we have taken. Now that the decision has been made with the agreement of the entire squad, it’s important that we support the players and focus on Thursday night.”
It is believed Gomez is still angry after the row but Southgate will be hoping his action has defused the row.
The pair had shaken hands and embraced after the row at the end of the game at Anfield and that is why Gomez was so shocked that Sterling started it again 24 hours later.

%^*& Sterling and %^*&.

We are the Champions
Champions of Europe

9 clear plastic salty boys

He will miss one game v Montenegro, hardly a big miss. Had they been playing France or Brazil, he would be in the squad.

Not a big match in general but I am sure I heard on the radio it is their 1000th international match so think everyone would want to be involved.

Gomez was acting the big man on the park on Sunday. Fair play to Sterling for digging him up on it. Seen a pic of Gomez in training today and he has a scratch under his eye so looks like the altercation was physical :D

The treatment Sterling gets from the media and fans down south is a disgrace in all honesty. What has he even done to be so hated and pillored from all angles?

He's a genuine world class talent. Seems level headed and does a lot for charity etc.

Wouldn’t say he’s that level-headed if he’s physically assaulting a colleague just because his team lost.

Wouldn’t say he’s that level-headed if he’s physically assaulting a colleague just because his team lost.

You dont know what was said on the pitch. Gomez put his hands on Sterling on the park on Sunday and physically lifted him off the ground. All in the comfort of knowing he was being backed up by his teammates though. Fair play to Sterling for digging the coward up.

You dont know what was said on the pitch. Gomez put his hands on Sterling on the park on Sunday and physically lifted him off the ground. All in the comfort of knowing he was being backed up by his teammates though. Fair play to Sterling for digging the coward up.

Imagine lifting someone up, how terrible.

How is that similar in any way to scratching someone’s face like a wain because you’re still bitter?

Gomez isn’t the coward here.

Deary me, a coward?! For standing up to a player that got in his face?! Yeah ok then!

Gomez and his team had just skelped their so called title rivals with ease. The person in the wrong is Sterling and he's admitted it.

Gomez won the bragging rights.

Sterling’s head has gone.

Seeing his club manager act like a wanker can’t help.

100 percent, that club are rotten to the core

sooner the oil men clear off and their back inthe usual 2nd division the better.

p!ss poor support,for a p!ss poor club

Don't see an issue with it. Sterling sits out the next game and Southgate tells everyone not to be a dick.

Back