Steve Bruce appointed Newcastle Manager

Sheffield Wednesday just released a statement basically saying Bruce and his staff are still under contract and that they had no official notification that an approach had been made. Standard fat man!

For people that say they have no sympathy, what good would a boycott actually do in this case? Gate money in the EPL is a tiny fraction of overall income, it wouldn't even hurt the fat slob

At the end of the day it's just fans wanting to go and watch their team, I don't know how you can't feel sorry for them. Especially given what we've been through.

Just look at how much damage he's doing to us with the merchandise deal. We can't seem to escape his clutches, and Newcastle have got him as their bloody owner!

Great post.

Ashley has us in a headlock but given his percentage holding we managed to wrestle free. If he had a majority holding in us, we would be just as fcuked as NUFC. And the majority of us would have kept going to Ibrox.

He has their heads in a noose and their baws in vice.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money...s-empire-transpires-no-master-plan-place.html

Ashley’s most recent formal update to the stock market for the last financial year was eight months ago when he pledged that his most preferred measure of earnings performance would be up by 5 per cent to 15 per cent, excluding House Of Fraser.

All that we have heard since then is a more Ashley-like update in December that trading was ‘unbelievably bad’, which makes one wonder why he fought such a bare-knuckle fight for Debenhams. Face-saving over his equity investment in Debs became more important to him than knocking out sportswear at bargain-basement prices.

What is most perturbing is that the auditor being relied upon by investors to navigate their way through the accounting miasma is Grant Thornton. It is jolly good that Grant Thornton is a challenger to the big four, but investors might feel more comfortable if the track record were more stellar.

Among its stunning successes were the audit of Patisserie Valerie, where tens of millions of pounds vanished, and Neil Woodford’s gated Equity Income fund. Small wonder Grant Thornton has been put under special measures to raise audit quality by the enforcer, the Financial Reporting Council. Given the known unknowns, the 9 per cent drop in Sports Direct looks too kind.

SWFC gunna take them to the f**king cleaners hopefully.... Mr Chansiri is a tough nut.. ;)

Sheffield Wednesday Statement:

The Club is disappointed to learn via public statement issued by Newcastle United that it has appointed former Sheffield Wednesday staff Steve Bruce, Steve Agnew and Stephen Clemence.
Regardless of the fact that the staff resigned from their positions with the Club on Monday, there remains outstanding legal issues to be resolved between the club and the staff and Newcastle United. The Club is currently considering its position and taking the appropriate legal advice.

No further comment will be made by the Club concerning this matter.

https://www.swfc.co.uk/news/2019/july/club-statement_steve-bruce/

I bear no ill will to Newcastle fans, they’re a passionate lot who back their team. They’ve been very naive in putting up with Ashley for so long and they deserve better, although this downsizing news is hopefully the final straw for many of them to finally realise what’s going on at their club. I also bear no ill will to Steve Bruce, he seems a decent if uninspiring chap who’s taking advantage of the situation to take a job at the club he presumably loves. I’d have respected him more if he’d told Ashley to GTF and stayed at Sheffield Wednesday, another very decent club.

But like most bears, I bear lots of ill will to Ashley and his band of scoundrels and acolytes. So, I sincerely hope his downsizing of expectation and ambition at the club fails miserably, that Newcastle plummet down the leagues and that the club is devalued to the point he wants out with his tail between his legs and a hefty loss of millions. I wish nothing but failure for him and those who surround him. C***.

Ashley net transfer spend since he took over is £5m. He broke the NUF transfer record, but borrowed the money. Playing on tv in front of a stadium with only half the max crowd has more of a negative effect than the financial one.

See the Bruce scenario, you knew he had one thing in mind and that was to join newky.

Unlike yellateeth in getting to the kiddyfiddlers, naw he created a stooshie to make his departure from hibs look like their doing.

Bruce is a Geordie and he will try his best to get them back up there.

He's a tit of a man.

Sheffield Wednesday gave him a month off to go watch cricket while he had family issues. His assistant literally managed the team. And now he walks out on them to manage a basketcase like Newcastle.

Spare me the boyhood club pish. He knows the mess he's getting himself into.

Steve Bruce has shown his true colours yet again, no loyalty whatsoever and a complete mercenary, decent man my arse.....

Can't see him achieving much at Newcastle. Don't think he's that good to be honest but with Newcastle being a bit of a mess it would take a really decent manager to do anything with them.

He’s a decent manager but he will need all the luck he can muster to keep his head above water with Ashley calling the shots.

Steve Bruce has shown his true colours yet again, no loyalty whatsoever and a complete mercenary, decent man my arse.....

I posted this on another thread a week or so ago. I'm wondering how many managers have been in charge of 3 or more major rivals.

He's now got both Sheffield clubs, Villa and Birmingham and Newcastle and Sunderland under his belt.

I'm surprised anyone would take that job with A$hley in charge. Talk sbout the proverbial poisoned chalice...

11th choice. Salary of £1m per season. Chief scout in charge of transfers. Apparently said when Sunderland manager "I'm not really into tactics". It's said his honeymoon period ended the day before he was appointed.

4mEAgBW.jpg

The geordies should be rioting after this appointment imo.

To go from Rafa Benetez to Steve Bruce and you wouldn't actually know unless you went out your way to check.

Seems to me they don't really want rid of Ashley.

I'd have thought Sheffield Wednesday would be due compensation. Surely they've been screwed out of money because he resigned

11th choice. Salary of £1m per season. Chief scout in charge of transfers. Apparently said when Sunderland manager "I'm not really into tactics". It's said his honeymoon period ended the day before he was appointed.

Managed Villa & Birmingham, Sheff Utd & Wednesday Newcastle & Sunderland.

He obviously doesn't give a %^*& what anyone thinks of him.

Is Alan Carrs old man still chief scout and Newcastle?

Back