Steve Bruce appointed Newcastle Manager

I know it's the 'cheap option' etc, but he is actually a decent manager who has worked well with minimal budgets before.
Good luck to him.
Always comes across as a decent guy and hopefully for the fans he can get the squad working for him.

Agreed that Bruce is actually a far better manager than the first reaction to hearing his name creates.

But I don't really have any strong affection for a jumped up provincial club like Newcastle other than my ever boiling hatred for Ashley.

The fans will still buy the merch and turn up at the ground.

Reactions: TQ3
A real shame for their supporters. They are a club i usually quite like but not with that fat mutant Ashley running them.

Every year they have false hopes over a mystery buyer and end up with bargain basement signings and they don't even have Rafa to get them out of this mess now.

Certainties for relegation imo.

For people that say they have no sympathy, what good would a boycott actually do in this case? Gate money in the EPL is a tiny fraction of overall income, it wouldn't even hurt the fat slob

At the end of the day it's just fans wanting to go and watch their team, I don't know how you can't feel sorry for them. Especially given what we've been through.

Just look at how much damage he's doing to us with the merchandise deal. We can't seem to escape his clutches, and Newcastle have got him as their bloody owner!

Wow, that will get the 12,000 season tickets that they are down, sold in jig time.
As above, Bruce isn’t that bad a manager, and he is now at his boyhood club, which if the fat bassa wasn’t in control may have been a different reaction, but we all know they are fúćked and little chance to compete in any big transfer moves.

Steve Bruce is another of the now out of touch dinosaur managers, can't see it ending well. Glad I backed them a few weeks ago to relegated. Put them in a double with QPR.

From Rafa to Steve Bruce,

Selling 1st team players & not signed a single player yet!

Horrendous
Ashley's influence is all over this, if he cared a jot he would spend some of his many millions into making them a great team but no he's just a fat fu@king leech.

They haven't signed a player, good ones like Schar are scrambling for the exit, fans want none of it and they have gone from a Champions league and multiple time La Liga winning manager to Steve Bruce.

They are going down in record time.

For people that say they have no sympathy, what good would a boycott actually do in this case? Gate money in the EPL is a tiny fraction of overall income, it wouldn't even hurt the fat slob

At the end of the day it's just fans wanting to go and watch their team, I don't know how you can't feel sorry for them. Especially given what we've been through.

Just look at how much damage he's doing to us with the merchandise deal. We can't seem to escape his clutches, and Newcastle have got him as their bloody owner!
You say that but in 17/18 Newcastle sold 38,000 ST's. If we say that the average cost was £600 (they ranged from £473 - £735) then you're talking about £22,800,000. Ashley may be a billionaire but I imagine he'd notice if a large chunk of that money disappeared.

A half empty stadium whilst live on Sky Sports is something they and the EPL want to avoid

The only thing that really gets the fans angry is bad results. Most of their fans probably know Ashley is bad for them, but whilst they maintained a reasonable league position, the majority just keep plodding along.

When they go down or are fighting relegation the atmosphere will turn poisonous, then you will see a huge backlash against Ashley.

He got away with it before, but now all the Newcastle fans understand what a scumbag they have as an owner.

It would be a start. If their ground is 3/4s empty every week they won't attract decent players and will eventually get relegated.

They have risk doing a Sunderland and going down to league 1/2, make it financially not worth it for the slug. Risky, of course.

Not quite sure what Bruce's motivation is here. He can't need the money. I know they are reportedly his boyhood club but he must surely see he's on a hiding to nothing here.

As for that fud Ashley - the one thing I don't understand about him is this: why doesn't he back the team properly? They have a large support and a big stadium. He is an absolute egotist. Surely if he chucked some proper money at that club they could at least be around the top six or seven and playing in Europe, maybe with a chance of winning the odd domestic trophy. Therefore that would feed his ego a bit more. Surely if his plan is to just keep bleeding them dry he would make even more money out of them if they were higher profile and successful, rather than the fucking laughing stock he's made them during his tenure.

Sooner he is no longer involved with football in any shape or form the better.

So do fans keep rolling up spending their hard earned and supporting this fucking slimeball? He is destroying that club and by buying season tickets, strips, beer etc at the stadium you’re funding the downfall of your own club. Of course they have to boycott it’s not even a question for god sake

Ashley's influence is all over this, if he cared a jot he would spend some of his many millions into making them a great team but no he's just a fat fu@king leech.
I wonder what Peace Process thinks of Ashley's tenure at Newcastle? He was very vocal about how good Ashley would be for us.
Of course there could be an ulterior motive involved here.

I can actually see them making a move for Morelos, after Rondon and joselu and Perez all left or on way out, they have no strikers..Morelos would fit right in there. 25million and he is yours Steve.

Wow. From Rafa Benitez to Steve Bruce in one summer.

That's like us going from Stevie G to Dick Campbell

Genuine question - does Ashley actually want Newcastle to remain in the Premier League? You'd think if he wanted to sell then there's more chance of doing it while they're in the top division.

As it stands they're a near cert to go down IMO.

Bruce is a good Championship manager and a poor Premiership manager.

I’d be conpletely depressed with that appointment if I was a Newcastle fan.

See the Bruce scenario, you knew he had one thing in mind and that was to join newky.

Unlike yellateeth in getting to the kiddyfiddlers, naw he created a stooshie to make his departure from hibs look like their doing.

Bruce is a Geordie and he will try his best to get them back up there.

Back