Steve clarke backs Rangers call for transparency

uneasydaz

STEVE CLARKE backed Rangers’ calls for more SFA “transparency” — as he heads into another disciplinary fight.

Kilmarnock boss Clarke, a top target to be next Scotland boss, has been carpeted for his criticism of ref Steven McLean.

His latest hearing takes place on the same day Gers mount a challenge on Jon Flanagan’s two-match ban for lashing out at Celtic captain Scott Brown in the weekend Old Firm win.

The Ibrox club are furious Flanagan has been cited while no action was taken against Hoops defender Jozo Simunovic over his clash with Jermain Defoe.

And Clarke agrees the “confusing” SFA disciplinary system needs a drastic overhaul after a season of controversy.

Clarke — named Scottish Football Writers’ Association Manager of the Year for the second successive season — said: “I find it confusing and I’m definitely not alone in that one.

"I see Rangers are asking the question why Flanagan has been cited and Simunovic hasn’t been.

“There are discrepancies. All you want is a straightforward system which everyone understands.

" They want to say, ‘This is the system, this is what’s going to happen and this is how it’s going to be resolved’.

“If you can get clarity and simplicity into any process, it’s better for everybody.”

Clarke faces a touchline ban if found guilty of “implying incompetence by a match official” after an outburst against ref McLean.

He branded the whistler’s display against Aberdeen last month as “the worst refereeing performance I’ve seen.”

McLean, son of former Kilmarnock defender Stuart, sent off three Killie players with Clarke calling for him to be kepy away from the club’s games in future.

Clarke was handed a two-game ban and a £1000 fine — both suspended — in October for “failing to act in the best interests of football” after he criticised the SFA disciplinary system.

Rangers issued a strongly-worded statementon Tuesday after Flanagan’s rap and have demanded “full transparency” for SFA disciplinary processes.

I noticed he never mentioned that only one club ever seem to benefit from this shambles of a system.

Despite fighting these types of battles that we are also up against, he is always working to his agenda.

That bizarre outburst from the Celtic FC dafty yesterday shows how bad the system is. So while everybody else thinks having Celtic supporters as compliance officers is bad he thinks they are being cheated during the 90 mins and it needs the CO to fix the issues

I don't think Rangers are "furious" that Flanagan has been cited and not Simunovic. It's much, much more than just one game!

Maybe Psycho Jhoe has a point. Fleming and Whyte are 2 people doing a 1 person job. She is re-referreeing games.

This is what every manager and club has to do if they want it gone. They have to back each other and put aside the big bad mason referees give Rangers everything mentality.

Will they? I'm not sure.

Not a fan of the guy but fair play for saying that, even if people are questioning his motives behind it.

STEVE CLARKE backed Rangers’ calls for more SFA “transparency” — as he heads into another disciplinary fight.

Kilmarnock boss Clarke, a top target to be next Scotland boss, has been carpeted for his criticism of ref Steven McLean.

His latest hearing takes place on the same day Gers mount a challenge on Jon Flanagan’s two-match ban for lashing out at Celtic captain Scott Brown in the weekend Old Firm win.

The Ibrox club are furious Flanagan has been cited while no action was taken against Hoops defender Jozo Simunovic over his clash with Jermain Defoe.

And Clarke agrees the “confusing” SFA disciplinary system needs a drastic overhaul after a season of controversy.

Clarke — named Scottish Football Writers’ Association Manager of the Year for the second successive season — said: “I find it confusing and I’m definitely not alone in that one.

"I see Rangers are asking the question why Flanagan has been cited and Simunovic hasn’t been.

“There are discrepancies. All you want is a straightforward system which everyone understands.

" They want to say, ‘This is the system, this is what’s going to happen and this is how it’s going to be resolved’.

“If you can get clarity and simplicity into any process, it’s better for everybody.”

Clarke faces a touchline ban if found guilty of “implying incompetence by a match official” after an outburst against ref McLean.

He branded the whistler’s display against Aberdeen last month as “the worst refereeing performance I’ve seen.”

McLean, son of former Kilmarnock defender Stuart, sent off three Killie players with Clarke calling for him to be kepy away from the club’s games in future.

Clarke was handed a two-game ban and a £1000 fine — both suspended — in October for “failing to act in the best interests of football” after he criticised the SFA disciplinary system.

Rangers issued a strongly-worded statementon Tuesday after Flanagan’s rap and have demanded “full transparency” for SFA disciplinary processes.

Careful Stevie Keif Jackson will write an article tomorrow challenging your whataboutarry

Back