Steve Clarke : I'm sorry for Gers job lie

westl65

Another porky from Mr Clarke tucked away in bottom corner of page 67 of today's rebel as not deemed important enough clearly by the rag that is the Record

"Steve Clarke apologised to Record Sport after initially denying our story that Rangers had approached him over the vacant manager's job last year
The Kilmarnock boss said there was nothing in the piece on the day we printed it on April 27th but held his hands up yesterday
He said "It was an approach from Rangers I chose to tell some small lies to make the story go away because I and the club didn't need it at that time That was the only way I could think of I apologise" WTF?!!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...lmarnock-steve-clarke-rangers-steven-gerrard/

It was a 'small' lie

“The story was just going to build and build. I chose to tell some small lies to make the story go away because I didn’t need it, and Kilmarnock didn’t need it.

“The only way I could think to achieve that was to say there was nothing in it, and that was the end of the story.

“Sorry, but sometimes we just have to tell little lies to make life a bit easier.

“I felt a little bit frustrated for Steven Gerrard when he was asked about me being offered the job before him.

“That’s a load of nonsense. I wasn’t offered the job. Steven Gerrard must sit in his office and think: ‘Oh jeez, not Steve Clarke again’!”

As much as I have lost any respect for Clarke for his dealing with various things this year particularly Weds, I would think it is common for people to deny they have been approached about a job as these things are generally done in confidence. We should fight back against Clarke on specific issues not just anything.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sp...lmarnock-steve-clarke-rangers-steven-gerrard/

It was a 'small' lie

“The story was just going to build and build. I chose to tell some small lies to make the story go away because I didn’t need it, and Kilmarnock didn’t need it.

“The only way I could think to achieve that was to say there was nothing in it, and that was the end of the story.

“Sorry, but sometimes we just have to tell little lies to make life a bit easier.

“I felt a little bit frustrated for Steven Gerrard when he was asked about me being offered the job before him.

“That’s a load of nonsense. I wasn’t offered the job. Steven Gerrard must sit in his office and think: ‘Oh jeez, not Steve Clarke again’!”

No Steve , he just thinks “ what’s that pricks problem ?” . He pities you .

Lets see if the First Minister publicly approves of this bravery.

Or if the media still see him is a credible leading light in the fight against the hun... Er... Sectarianism.

It was a 'small' lie

More like “Oh jeez, who’s Steve Clarke again”

he's also lying when going on about the abuse he suffered as well, if Killie had won the tie, he'd have said nothing

he was raging at getting scudded by us and knew the press would bother with it rather than mention Morelos scoring 4 goals and having a brilliant game

I'm sure his apology is to the record, who reported he had been approached, and he denied it. Not that he wasn't approached.

We clearly spoke with him, however it didn't materialise in to an offer.

It was a 'small' lie

You can tell Clarke is well aware that he is making a Kant of himself in front of an icon of world football

Another porky from Mr Clarke tucked away in bottom corner of page 67 of today's rebel as not deemed important enough clearly by the rag that is the Record

"Steve Clarke apologised to Record Sport after initially denying our story that Rangers had approached him over the vacant manager's job last year
The Kilmarnock boss said there was nothing in the piece on the day we printed it on April 27th but held his hands up yesterday
He said "It was an approach from Rangers I chose to tell some small lies to make the story go away because I and the club didn't need it at that time That was the only way I could think of I apologise" WTF?!!

The guy had a genuine mental health problem, were he to be given the Sellik job, he would be sectioned within weeks.

So he has admitted that he lied, why should we trust anything he says, he has just admitted he lies to the press!

The only reason he has come with this is he got himself caught up in his histronics and tripped himself up!!

When will he admit he was lying about not knowing Boyd was a target of sectarian abuse and assault from the Celtic support ?

Well seeing we are in our way back that the hate is getting ramped up

Hopefully chucks it for ‘health reasons’ soon and Killie get a decent non agenda ridden manager in, just as Hibs appear to have done.

All he had to say to make the questions end was.. "Yes, Rangers approached, i said no"
But it's easier to lie, eh !

Clarke caught lying again ? Who'd have thunk it. Just don't expect endless articles and hour long debates on his lies.

The drink has fried his head, classic sign of an alcoholic to tell wee lies. Secret drinking and pretending to be sober just leads to other lies and deceit.

Wonder what other lies Stevie Bhoy has told?

Perhaps the one about Alex Smith telling him not to go to Rangers in the 1980’s?

Wonder if the bold Stevie Bhoy supported the Chelsea fans stance on race when he was there in the 1980’s as they weren’t very PC towards black players and there was a lot of trouble with rival fans for decades

This prick has zero credibility

Back