Steve Clarke says there’s a whiff of ‘bulls***’ about Greg Stewart’s Aberdeen move

Either tell the full story or say nothing at all.

This is the type of attention seeking comment you’d expect to see from someone on Facebook.

I guess a similar comparison would have been if we had let Ryan Hardie join Dundee on loan instead of letting him go back to Livingstone.

He only wants to work with players who want to be there....?

I'm pretty sure he said he wants to work with Jordan Jones for the 2nd half of the season, yet I'd bet Jordan would offer up his left ball to move to us right now.
Hypocrite, hobo and a liar.

Treated them appallingly? Mate, he is their player, they executed a clause in the loan deal that was agreed by both parties at the start - whether it's unfair on Killie or not simply doesn't matter.

If we sent Ryan Hardie down-south instead of Livi because we were offered a small loan fee by an English team, would you even care about it? I know I wouldn't.

Of course he’s their player. You seem to agree it’s unfair on Killie but that it doesn’t matter. Fair enough, if that’s the standards you set in your life that’s fine. Stewart has gone from one club to another of equal status, at present, and Brum may make some extra cash which is, in their terms, peanuts. It’s their ‘right’ to do so.

Instead of your Hardie scenario, let’s say Defoe is a roaring success at Ibrox. In the Summer the Dhims offer Bournemouth an extra £1000 a week over what Rangers are paying, so Bournemouth recall him (they have a clause to do so) and send him to the Dhims on loan for the first 6 months of next season. Yeah, they’d be ‘entitled’ to do so but it would, as in Stewart’s case, be shitty behaviour. Or maybe you don’t agree?

In fairness, I’d have to concede that the player himself must have had a part to play in this as well - and I’m surprised he’s agreed to go back to the Sheep. Could easily have dug his heels in.

Sounds like Aberdeen have shat the bed at Killie possibly finishing above them and have tried to scupper them.

That sounds likely if Clarke is suggesting something underhand. Anything else is just normal business. The only question would be how Aberdeen enticed Birmingham. McKenna’s final destination will be interesting.

You wonder how much Stewart will play for the sheep. If it is not much then it’s fairly clear that they were just undermining a rival.

We can await with interest all the articles decrying them. And see whether Stewart (at Aberdeen) or Jones (at Kilmarnock) takes more heat off Kilmarnock fans.

It’s a strange decision from Stewart tbh
It's not really though. Recalled by Birmingham where he was instantly sent to train with the under 18s on Monday. The managernsaying he is not in the teams plans. Kilmarnock not an option as Aberdeen offered to pay 5 times what Killie were. So he had a choice. Stay with the under 18s or go to Aberdeen and try and continue how has played this season. He has been given certain assurances. McInnes has admitted thatbhe wasn't treated fairly and playednwrkngky last season.

For him id rather he had stayed where he was. He has been great for them.

The issue here does not really seem to be bad behaviour by Stewart or Birmingham who are doing things that, though slightly odd, are within their rights.

The scummy bit seems to be at the sheep end where they have convinced Birmingham to do something unusual - if not outright dodgy - just to undermine a rival by acquiring a player from them who is probably not particularly wanted by the sheep. Given how their fans complain about us buying players from other SPL sides that we actually want to play, it’ll be entertaining seeing how their fans manage that hypocrisy.

They were barely paying f*ck all of Stewart’s wages.

Aberdeen are now paying more.

Birmingham well within their rights to do that.

A club like Kilmarnock calling bullshit whilst they pay players buttons but knock back big money moves reeks of hilarious hypocrisy.
Iv no idea what financial deal was regarding what% of wages were/are being covered by the loaning team.What I do know as a Blues fan is we have had/have are own financial problems.Birmingham City are not awash with cash.

Always was a boring sour faced prick Clarke but seems to be getting worse these days implying there's a hidden agenda when it's purely down to the fact that dolly are stumping up part of his wages.

as @JD1872 says above, It looks like they went straight to Birmingham while he was already on loan

If they recalled him then he was on a season long deal. How did Aberdeen know what Killie were paying & that they could afford to pay more? & why would they recall him (and lose out on the money) if they didn't already have a better offer?

Unless there trying to buy someone from Aberdeen and are loaning Stewart to sweeten the deal why is a team with a 750k a week wage bill really bothered about an extra £1k a week for 4months till his contract expires

Since Defoe was mentioned he can be recalled "if needed" in the summer(or next Jan) You can't just phone Bournemouth up and go "hey how much does Defoe get paid, and what % are rangers paying"
Still don’t get the point of the hooha about it all, football is full of agent deals, managers chit chatting to and fro.....the game is a melting pot of underhanded behaviour, deals and brown envelopes. None of this should surprise us, where there is money there is temptation and where a vacuum of integrity exists these things will happen.

Is a very weird one.

6 months on his contract , so Brum nothing to gain you would think in terms of which club he is at on loan, they recall him, then he goes straight to Aberdeen on loan.

It makes no sense for anyone bar Aberdeen.

I would imagine there will be a deal (Devlin, McKenna etc) whereby Aberdeen sell to Birmingham in the summer.

It's not really though. Recalled by Birmingham where he was instantly sent to train with the under 18s on Monday. The managernsaying he is not in the teams plans. Kilmarnock not an option as Aberdeen offered to pay 5 times what Killie were. So he had a choice. Stay with the under 18s or go to Aberdeen and try and continue how has played this season. He has been given certain assurances. McInnes has admitted thatbhe wasn't treated fairly and playednwrkngky last season.

For him id rather he had stayed where he was. He has been great for them.

A bit of sense.

It’s a bit unfair on Killie, and him tbh but football is a business. Don’t think Birmingham can really be blamed too much. I know folk are saying it’s ‘peanuts’ to them but I’d imagine with FFP laws this is the sort of thing that needs to be done.

Is a very weird one.

6 months on his contract , so Brum nothing to gain you would think in terms of which club he is at on loan, they recall him, then he goes straight to Aberdeen on loan.

It makes no sense for anyone bar Aberdeen.

I would imagine there will be a deal (Devlin, McKenna etc) whereby Aberdeen sell to Birmingham in the summer.

It doesn’t make sense for Birmingham to get more money for their player to play in the same league at a similarly positioned team?

GS’s choice was train with the Birmingham youth team or go to Aberdeen. Birmingham brought him back exactly for that reason.

Aberdeen willing to pay a greater share of his wages than Kilmarnock so Birmingham obviously wanted to push that through.

GS needs to play in order to get a new contract somewhere at the end of the season.

How many of the Killie support on the thread, seems to be causing quite a stir.

Me, I don't have any time for the sheep or Kilmarnock.

I don't see it as strange,,the sheep would have contacted Birmingham and offered to pay a loan fee, for the player,, obviously more than what killie were willing to pay,, player recalled, told the situation, if he doesn't move he trains with the youth squad until his contract is up in the summer

Birmingham have the right to get as much for him as they can. Especially when the player is going to be playing at a similar level. Stewart himself would have been the only one that could have stopped it by indicating a preference, he probably also gives zero fucks about which pishy wee team he is loaned too, he might think he’s got unfinished business at Aberdeen as well and that they are more likely to take him on a permanent deal for better money if he does well.

Back