Steve Clarke - What did O'Donnell do wrong?

He’ll absolutely stick with him for England.

Best hope is he gets ripped apart and we never see him again.

He’d then go Patterson or Forrest for the final game.

gn20.png

That’s me heading off for London this morning couldn’t give a feck about Scotland a relevant excuse for me to get away for a few days :D

That’s me heading off for London this morning couldn’t give a feck about Scotland a relevant excuse for me to get away for a few days :D
The thing is, you just know they’ll end up putting in a performance and scraping a result only to raise our hopes just enough that we have the chances of progression against Croatia.

Then you know the script in the final game: glorious failure.

It might be 23 years since our last tournament, but we’ve all seen this movie before.

Optimism > anger > humour > denial > desperation > bargaining > nihilism in 7 days.

The thing is, you just know they’ll end up putting in a performance and scraping a result only to raise our hopes just enough that we have the chances of progression against Croatia.

Then you know the script in the final game: glorious failure.

It might be 23 years since our last tournament, but we’ve all seen this movie before.

Optimism > anger > humour > denial > desperation > bargaining > nihilism in 7 days.
Not forgetting the one week analysis of our game in scotland by the press, ‘play meer scottiss players’ cries, Rangers bad-boys in all this, empty rhetoric from the sfa. Top that off with who-do-you-think-you-are from any comments by good coaches and we’re done.

We need possibly a decent foreign coach…One who wont have any allegiances to players and will only play players based on ability and form.

Said coach would also adapt tactics depending on opposition and not shoehorn two left backs in regardless…Pick one!!

But nah Steve Clarke done ok with Killie and mocked Rangers so he’s the man for the job.
Bring back Berti!!

Clarke picks the team first and foremost to keep the media onside, that means at least one celtic player on the pitch at all times. If his bastardised national team looks like losing, on will come Mcgregor, Christie, Forrest and co.

Clarke would rather get knocked out the tournament doing things ‘his way’ than bow down to what he perceives is public pressure and have a chance of going through. Terrible mentality.

He's already adopted his usual vicTIM mode by implying that the criticism of O'Donnell and the touting for Patterson to replace him is purely because of each of these players' backgrounds.

Seriously hope Paterson and Jack don't get a game with the trannies.
England will pump them on Friday.

Clarke will play the Rangers players in the last game so they can be fully accountable for a shameful exit and an embarrassing campaign.

Just as an interesting wee side point to illuminate the mentality issues here.

Russia, who don’t look the greatest side, got pumped off Belgium and although it was deserved, 2 players, a defender and the goalie, had particularly poor games.

Guess what, against Finland both these guys were ruthlessly dropped from the team with no fuss or drama. Russia won that game.

Big boy mentality.

We’ve got the mentality you’d expect North Macedonia to have. But even they went for it!

He's already adopted his usual vicTIM mode by implying that the criticism of O'Donnell and the touting for Patterson to replace him is purely because of each of these players' backgrounds.
Then the response is ask why we was so upset at Rangers' fans laughing at him, but saw no problem with the sectarian abuse Boyd took from the celtc support

Forrest did better in his cameo than odonnell did for his time on the pitch
It was the same when Patterson came on v Luxembourg he had so much space out wide that o donnell never had. Tav would have had a field day if he played on Monday (hypothetically of course as he's not Scottish but you get my point)

i would rather nathan play under a different manager and not some jakey lady's front bottom that sneaked in the back door, right now the bastard is being shown up for what he truly is, an out of his depth tactic-less arse hole.
A key point being most of the players selected play for club sides which play progressive possession based football. The amount of times the ball was played back to Marshall to launch it up to Dykes, or out to O'Donnel was straight out of 80's Republic of Ireland, or Wimbledon play book. Anyone remember the Charles Hughes? POMO theory?

No problem with a manager backing his player, they all do that, but reading into that, O'Donnell is playing and that's not good management ,he was simply awful on Monday.

Back