Steve Davis getting pelters for his breakfast

Can't beat scrambled eggs, beans and toast.

%^*& it I'm having that for my dinner tonight. Lashings of brown sauce too.

Roofe has been brilliant this season too. He hasn’t played enough but if you look at his numbers you see he’s been as good as anybody up top. In that key period from October to January, when Alfie was no better than average, he was the main man. He’s made a massive contribution to where we are.
No matter how good he is , if any player in the game is going to play for 4 weeks then miss 6 weeks , then it just isn’t good enough and nobody could deny he is a very effective player when available . He scored two of our best goals this season . Gerrard himself has said he’s not happy with the situation and they will need to look at it . Anyway , back to the positives , I’m away for a “ Davis “ breakfast but I’m calling it brunch B-)

It's hard work out there for 90 minutes, smoking a cigar and orchestrating victories, those beans will do him the world of good.

Alan Shearer said his choice of pre-match meal was always chicken and beans. Didn’t do him any harm and I doubt he was refuelling on curries, kebabs and Mars bars, but some of these diet fascists are taking it too far.

Large amount of protein before he even takes off his slippers and puts on his boots.

Takes off his slippers, so training's finished for the day?

The spirit is good in the team, if you watch away days Defoe is 'boxing' with Itten on the pitch before the game.

Opened thread expecting some faux outrage from the latest cltic fans podcast about SD eating some endangered species for his breakfast

Roofe is probably the hardest worker in the squad, he does more than anyone else does.

Just admit you got needlessly defensive over a joke.
In what ways does Roofe “ work harder “ than anyone else in the squad ? I’d like to hear this . More than tavernier , Davis , mcGregor , goldson , Kent ?

Seems to me the touchy ones are the ones who can’t see the joke here . I like Roofe as a player but he IS injury prone I’m not making it up , whereas guys like Davis Goldson mcGregor ever present . Breakfast jokes aside perhaps Roofe is just “ unlucky “ but to claim he’s the hardest worker is bizarre .

No matter how good he is , if any player in the game is going to play for 4 weeks then miss 6 weeks , then it just isn’t good enough and nobody could deny he is a very effective player when available . He scored two of our best goals this season . Gerrard himself has said he’s not happy with the situation and they will need to look at it . Anyway , back to the positives , I’m away for a “ Davis “ breakfast but I’m calling it brunch B-)
I don’t think playing for 4 weeks and then missing 6 is entirely fair mate and I don’t think tweeting is going to have any impact on his injury record which does need to improve.

I think even with his injury record he’s been a key difference between last season and this. When Alfie was rotten after NY we looked poor up front but this year when he was bang average and not scoring Roofe stepped up. Anyway, enjoy your brunch.

In what ways does Roofe “ work harder “ than anyone else in the squad ? I’d like to hear this . More than tavernier , Davis , mcGregor , goldson , Kent ?

Seems to me the touchy ones are the ones who can’t see the joke here . I like Roofe as a player but he IS injury prone I’m not making it up , whereas guys like Davis Goldson mcGregor ever present . Breakfast jokes aside perhaps Roofe is just “ unlucky “ but to claim he’s the hardest worker is bizarre .
He registers the best KM and intensity ran out of all the players in the squad. Not necessarily a case of working harder, but I assume that’s what the poster was referring to.

In laymen’s terms, he does the most running out of all the squads members.

Same here, my wife says I'm weird. Apparently it's the American style?
I grew up doing it that way then learnt to swap around later in life. Equally comfortable with either. I'm naturally a bit mixed up left and right handed though.

This lighthearted joke and what started as a lighthearted thread has now went full FF!

Bears now arguing over the health benefits of baked beans, what constitutes a kid’s breakfast and the social media habits of injured players! :))

I’m praising Davis and saying perhaps Roofe could follow his example . How is that shooting anything down ? Davis is an example to every player young or old

Indeed mate, the club could save a fortune by just sacking the sports scientists and physios and replacing them with Heinz baked beans.

Perhaps if Roofe followed davis example he would spend less time on the treatment table , certainly less on social media . A man aged 37 who can play every game v a man ten years younger made of glass .... pass me the beans and eggs every day of the week please ! :shh: Steven Davis Rangers legend
FFS :shh:

Preceded with a hearty bowl of Ready break to get that warm glow before stepping out into the cold.....

Can’t have the beans touching the egg, if the beans were on a separate dish then it would be the breakfast of champions

Roofe on Instagram slagging davis

20210305-115729.jpg
Certainly not an Ulster Fry.

Gerrard gives Roofe injury update -

“we hoped to have Kemar ready for the weekend but turns out he’s been messing about on Instagram and he’s not been eating his beans and eggs. This has now added another 2 weeks on to his recovery time”

B-)

Back