Steve Davis setting the standard Pre Season

BrownBrogues

Unbelievable so far, he has got himself in peak condition over the summer and covered every blade again today. Influencing play back to front, tracking danger. You can only raise your own game and learn from someone of that experience each day. It is no surprise our performances picked up towards the end of last season.. some Players have said already he is phenomenal in the dressing room talking constantly. Once a Captain always Captain material even if he is not wearing the arm band. I think Davo will turn out to be our most important signing in years for what he brings on and off the park.

It's hard not to be excited about the upcoming season. That dressing room must be on fire with the amount of leaders in it.

Think about it, we have Steven Gerrard as manager, what a leader he is. Garry MacAllister is in there aswell. You have Steven Davis, Jermain Defoe and Allan McGregor. I know Tav is the captain but even he must look around himself and feel bloody honoured Gerrard chose him to remain as captain of all those lads.

I'm buzzing right now as a Rangers fan, absolutely buzzing about what we are building.

It's hard not to be excited about the upcoming season. That dressing room must be on fire with the amount of leaders in it.

Think about it, we have Steven Gerrard as manager, what a leader he is. Garry MacAllister is in there aswell. You have Steven Davis, Jermain Defoe and Allan McGregor. I know Tav is the captain but even he must look around himself and feel bloody honoured Gerrard chose him to remain as captain of all those lads.

I'm buzzing right now as a Rangers fan, absolutely buzzing about what we are building.

Spot on. Goldson is leader as well, back fresh the big Man looks back to his best, absolutely solid again today. Ryan Jack Captained Aberdeen to 3 cup finals and 2nd place. We are lucky to have so many leaders.

He is so intelligent and reads the game frighteningly well. Constantly in the right position and set the tone from the off today with his intensitt.

He is outstanding. He is a top quality footballer, his brain is one step ahead of most players.

Reads the game so well, he only makes short sharp runs which helps him to conserve energy.

A joy to watch.

Unbelievable so far, he has got himself in peak condition over the summer and covered every blade again today. Influencing play back to front, tracking danger. You can only raise your own game and learn from someone of that experience each day. It is no surprise our performances picked up towards the end of last season.. some Players have said already he is phenomenal in the dressing room talking constantly. Once a Captain always Captain material even if he is not wearing the arm band. I think Davo will turn out to be our most important signing in years for what he brings on and off the park.
I have got to say that whilst other players will be important performers, Davis will be the vital piece that will make the team perform at its very best in my opinion.
He isn't a player who is slowly slipping over the hill instead he is a fine wine hitting a level of maturity that makes you salivate over uncorking the bottle.
If he stays fit, then anything is possible with Rangers this season.

Even Helander looks to have the required virtues of a leader, going by the small highlights that I've seen

He was never captain material according to loads on here the first time round

Such a tidy player. I even remember the days when he won young player of the year at Villa.

Over the moon we have had him at our club. Think he will be very important to us this season. Especially in Europe and big games V the scum

Aribo, Davis & Kamara will keep the ball for fun.

Yeah they would - but one of them is dropping out for Jack in most matches. Stevie G loves Ryan Jack. Might not go down too well with some on here but the facts speak for themselves. I think Jack will be the mainstay and the others - including Arfield - will rotate dependant upon opposition.

Spot on. Goldson is leader as well, back fresh the big Man looks back to his best, absolutely solid again today. Ryan Jack Captained Aberdeen to 3 cup finals and 2nd place. We are lucky to have so many leaders.

I think big Goldson is going to kick on this year and show hes a very good defender. I think now that we have Helander in there and Edmundson aswell the two in poserion of the jersey will need to be performing at a very high level which can only benefit the team.

The young players in that dressing room must be absolutely buzzing to be a part of it. What a place that will be to learn your football right now.

I think big Goldson is going to kick on this year and show hes a very good defender. I think now that we have Helander in there and Edmundson aswell the two in poserion of the jersey will need to be performing at a very high level which can only benefit the team.

The young players in that dressing room must be absolutely buzzing to be a part of it. What a place that will be to learn your football right now.

This lad Helander is apparently excellent in the air in both boxes, games where we need that breakthrough against stubborn defences, having that option of both he Katic and Goldson in for Corners is going to be vital.. Tims should have dropped a load more points over the last couple of years if not for Boyata or Sumonivic popping up from a late corner.

Your spot on mate. We have many strings to our bow now. We have gone from having a team that was absolute powder puff and was bullied all over the park, to one that is full of players who will spill blood for the shirt. That was one of the main things I knew Gerrard would bring when he came, he wont accept anyone cheating our badge and I love it.

We talk about having made 8 signings so far this transfer window. If you add Davis, Defoe and Kamara, all signed in January, that is 11 since the start of last season. I honestly believe that if we had signed Davis last summer then there is every chance we would have won the league last season. Which logically means we are winning the league this season!!!

We talk about having made 8 signings so far this transfer window. If you add Davis, Defoe and Kamara, all signed in January, that is 11 since the start of last season. I honestly believe that if we had signed Davis last summer then there is every chance we would have won the league last season. Which logically means we are winning the league this season!!!
The window isn't finished! Then if you get greedy you are thinking of your league position and hopefully European football after Christmas, frightening to think the levels we can still keep climbing

Yeah they would - but one of them is dropping out for Jack in most matches. Stevie G loves Ryan Jack. Might not go down too well with some on here but the facts speak for themselves. I think Jack will be the mainstay and the others - including Arfield - will rotate dependant upon opposition.
Davis and Arfield will need to be managed very carefully with the amount of games we’ll (hopefully) be playing.

I have got to say that whilst other players will be important performers, Davis will be the vital piece that will make the team perform at its very best in my opinion.
He isn't a player who is slowly slipping over the hill instead he is a fine wine hitting a level of maturity that makes you salivate over uncorking the bottle.
If he stays fit, then anything is possible with Rangers this season.

He reminds me of pirlo in the sense that as he has got older he has adapted his game to suit his body. Makes it look easy always looking for the ball can keep it simple to retain possession or spray and a 40 yard ball to get the attack going. Brilliant

Davis strolled the first half and the way he reads the game is sublime. Such a clever intelligent footballer. He is going to be massive for us this season, running the midfield for us

Was about to start a post saying almost exactly the same mate. Watched him off the ball today and he looked in peak form. He read and intercepted so many passes from Marseille. He looks so much sharper and looks like a new signing. Just hope this group of players carry this form throughout the season and win us the league. We looked a class above Marseille today all over the park.

Outstanding today imo.

I'm a fan of Jack but think he's too passive some times. He's definitely improving in that sense and it's good to see him contributing more in the final third. Options. It's great isn't it?

It was a preseason game but Davis was utterly outstanding today. A total role model who hopefully our promising young players learn a lot from.

Another guy the forum has done a u turn on and you see dafties who were wanting him chased out the club only about 3-4 months ago touting him as our key man. It's hilarious.

The Ballymena Pirlo is by far the best holding midfielder in the country. If we got him into his natural position a lot earlier rather than Gerrard playing him as a box to box midfielder initially we could have won the league. Was one of Gerrards mistakes last season without a doubt.

Spot on...back in the days of Gough and Brown any one of the starting 11 could be captain.

He looks fit and the difference is night and day. He’s been a stand out in every game so far. Keeping him fit for the season is crucial. First name on the team sheet for me in midfield.

Back