Steve McClaren - Dundee Utd?

ArfieldGer

@dundeeunitedfc have made contact with former England boss Steve McClaren and will hold talks with him over their vacant managerial position. Full story in tomorrow’s @ScotExpress and @Record_Sport.

Didn't Mark Allen push our board towards him when Pedro was first sacked?

I can't see that ending well for them.

Surely he could get an English championship club who would probably pay him 10 x more than Dundee United?
His last couple appointments have not gone well. If the wages were decent would be a good chance to show what he can do. If Dundee United do end up in the Premiership could have a reasonable budget (by SPL standards) to buy some players

Shite manager pretty much wherever he's been and I don't think he's the brightest individual in football management either

He seems to just keep getting work.

Based on being a decent coach at man united 20 years ago and winning the Dutch league 10 years ago.

He hasn’t lasted 2 years anywhere since leaving Middlesbrough...

His last couple appointments have not gone well. If the wages were decent would be a good chance to show what he can do. If Dundee United do end up in the Premiership could have a reasonable budget (by SPL standards) to buy some players
It would be an interesting appointment for sure. Actually think he could do a decent job there and it could maybe a good thing that they avoid the standard Scottish hoof ball manager.

Shite manager pretty much wherever he's been and I don't think he's the brightest individual in football management either
The complete opposite actually. Spoken very highly by some who’ve worked with him and has had some successes throughout his career.

He’s no world-beater and has the Rodgers/Brent thing about him he but would an incredible appointment for them

The complete opposite actually. Spoken very highly by some who’ve worked with him and has had some successes throughout his career.

He’s no world-beater and has the Rodgers/Brent thing about him he but would an incredible appointment for them
His only real success has come as a coach rather than a manager except his first spell at FC Twente and that was 10 years ago I'd have my doubts about him having success as manager again

That would be some appointment for them tbf, ambitious.

Obviously hope it goes to shit though.

His only real success has come as a coach rather than a manager except his first spell at FC Twente and that was 10 years ago I'd have my doubts about him having success as manager again
Done well with Middlesbrough as well. As I said no world beater but the managerial standard up here is dire so I could see him working. Hopefully they get MacKay instead.

3U4ovf8.gif

I think McLaren would boost the profile of the clubs out with us and them.

Which is a good thing.

We need a stronger league, with coaches and teams who can take points off of them.

Utd: "Hi Steve, mind if we put out a leak saying we've spoken you to you with regards to our managerial vacancy? We've absolutely %^*& all money but it'll make people think that we do. "

Steve: "Not a problem, it'll alert clubs that I'm looking to get back into the game."

Utd: "Cheers Steve"

Rags everywhere: STEVE MCLAREN TO DUNDEE UTD

Utd: "Hi Steve, mind if we put out a leak saying we've spoken you to you with regards to our managerial vacancy? We've absolutely %^*& all money but it'll make people think that we do. "

Steve: "Not a problem, it'll alert clubs that I'm looking to get back into the game."

Utd: "Cheers Steve"

Rags everywhere: STEVE MCLAREN TO DUNDEE UTD
Its no all about money, look at the magnificent 7 helping oot the wee mexicans.
Only for a few pesos.

@dundeeunitedfc have made contact with former England boss Steve McClaren and will hold talks with him over their vacant managerial position. Full story in tomorrow’s @ScotExpress and @Record_Sport.
What’s his Dundee accent like?

Does anyone know what Dundee United are going to be like as a team? Are they going to be comparable to the Hibs squad that eventually got promoted or are they completely hopeless?

Back