Steve 'Yeah' McManaman.

Even the greatest you’ve ever seen he’ll focus on what the defence failed to do or could have done better. Personality of a wet napkin
There was a screamer scored against Liverpool from about 30 yards a few years back and his response was 'He shouldnt be scoring from there.'

No justification whatsoever. Just that he shouldnt score beyond a certain distance.

There was a screamer scored against Liverpool from about 30 yards a few years back and his response was 'He shouldnt be scoring from there.'

No justification whatsoever. Just that he shouldnt score beyond a certain distance.
He’s a depressing helmet of a man. As if his general persona isn’t back anyone he’s got that whiny fucking scouse twang.

There is an absolute sea of terrible commentating on both sides of the border. It is probably the worst it has ever been.

Fair play to those who manage to put themselves through that, since the pandemic, I have lost interest in any football outside ourselves.

Ladies and gentleman, I give you Rob McLean.

The most monotone dirge you’ll ever have droning into your ears

The fact he played for Real Madrid and what are now the top two sides in England obviously got him the gig and it seems a gravy train once you're on it.

Completely fluent in Spanish though to put the likes of Beckham and Bale to shame.

BT Sport really do have some horrible pundits and commentators on their team.

Craigan/Mutton/Hargeaves/McManaman/Owen etc etc.

Could go on and on.

He seems to be getting worse. Maybe its just the amount I'm noticing him these days if he's been promoted to the bigger games.

I don't understand how a person in charge of staffing looks at that and imagines it's what the clients want.

Then again they employ Rob McLean and Stephen Craigan so its probably not something looked at in depth

He's the worst on tv by a long way. Actually ruins games for me. Never fucking shuts up, just sits there constantly shrieking, interrupting the main guy, filling every single second of silence. And for someone who played at the level he did, he offers the same insight on the game as the fat drunk guy standing next to you in the pub.

An absolute arsehole.

Watching Barcelona he said that he hated their arrogance "they think they have a god given right to always play it out from the back"

One of my favourite players growing up but a woeful pundit.

So negative about everything. He actually reminds me of Mark Lawrenson in that sense.

The fact he played for Real Madrid and what are now the top two sides in England obviously got him the gig and it seems a gravy train once you're on it.

Completely fluent in Spanish though to put the likes of Beckham and Bale to shame.

His book on his time at Real Madrid is actually a very good read.

However, he's a dreadful commentator and pundit.

Back