Steven Clarke and that “Approach”

Followbear93

So does this mean he knocked us back? We all know he’s one of them but surely if we offered he would have took the job? I know we have Gerrad now and il glad we got him but not being able to attract a Killie manager would be scandiliois. I took from his interview last night that he was trying to get a dog in. Anyone know if we did approach did he knock us back?

Not really sure where to start with your post to be honest.

From what I've read, the alleged approach was supposedly right after Pedro (when we ended up going for McInnes).

Now, if Clarke wanted to bring his dug to work with him that would be strange, but I don't imagine it would be too much of an issue.

It's much more likely that Clarke wouldn't have wanted the job because he's of the other persuasion, and is holding out for their job when Rodgers leaves.

Nothing scandiddlydotious, or whatever the f*ck you said, about it really.

So does this mean he knocked us back? We all know he’s one of them but surely if we offered he would have took the job? I know we have Gerrad now and il glad we got him but not being able to attract a Killie manager would be scandiliois. I took from his interview last night that he was trying to get a dog in. Anyone know if we did approach did he knock us back?
sweet baby jebus what school did you go to?

So he supposedly knocked us back? I don't believe a word of it, but if he did, then thank fuck.
If anyone connected to Rangers had made as big an arse of himself as he did last night, he would have been ridiculed all over the TV and papers. But now 'Clarky' is the new ' Lenny' - an arsehole who is the darling of the media.

Screenshots on how our media reported last year.

gn771.png

gn772.png

I just cringe now at stories about clubs being interested in this player or that manager.

Agent for Club makes contact with the representatives of individuals with whom the Club may be interested.

Reminds me of my school disco in the 80's. Girl's friends talks to boy's pals to discuss who is interested in who!

I doubt Rangers' agent contacted anybody in Team miserable, so Clarke's agent calls to say he's just changed his phone, and we were probably trying to get him on the old number. We were not. Clarke's agent though can tell the press he has been in contact with Rangers, but Steve isn't interested, when the truth is . . .we wouldn't go out with him even if he washed!:D

Ironically, I took his rant last night to be his acceptance speech for the Timmy Job, should anybody like to offer it to him.:rolleyes:

FBS

you're fooling no one

He came out in the summer and said there was no approach made.

Who knows what to think, other than he's a lying tramp.

I was told we did sound him out, but no firm offer was ever made. Whether he gave off the vibe he wasn’t interested, or we were hedging our bets at the time I have no idea.

The timescale would also be interesting. I have no idea whether it was right after Pedro leaving, when McInnes changed his mind, or perhaps he was a fall back in case we couldn’t get Gerrard across the line.

The main thing is thank God he’s not our manager now.

Slight digression but I think last night's bizarre press conference has ruled Clarke out of ever getting the Celtic job. It was a meltdown of epic proportions

Back