Steven Davis’s 300th appearance for Rangers

Everyone has conveniently forgot his song first time round...

In all seriousness, what a player for us over both spells.

I just think with Davis what a great player he has been for us. Also when Steven Gerrard gives you praise like that then you realise just how high regard he is held in.

Fantastic footballer, a total professional.
I'm sorry to bring him into this but the media in this country go on about Lego being a legend but his legs have gone. Well Steven Davis is 6 months older than him and looks light years away from him. Always has done.

Doesn't grab for or look for headlines just quietly goes about his business on the pitch.
Another captain in the team.

He carry’s himself how a true Rangers player should and is a true hero for youngsters to look up too

I love him.

If it wasn't for Tav's astonishing stats he'd be my POTY so far.

I was screaming out for a midfield enforcer last season but his on-field leadership by using his nous, composure and taking responsibility has played a huge part in our form this season.

I would hope, when Davis hangs his boots up, hat a place could be found for him to stay at Ibrox in a coating capacity H;e'd be an ideal role model for the youth teams

I'm 29 year old and I can honestly say that Steven Davis is up there as one of the greatest and iconic players of my lifetime that I've had the chance to acknowledge and appreciate.

What a player and will deservedly find his place in our Hall Of Fame when he retires after 56 :p

Remember donkies ago, and I mean donkies ago someone recommended him to Rangers on this forum.

I genuinely believe he's a better player now than he was first time around. Not as dynamic and box to box for obvious reasons but game intelligence etc counts for alot more. The amount of interceptions and loose balls he picks up during games is ridiculous, doesn't just happen by luck. Legend.

He’s been a tremendous player for us over his two terms. Top class professional. McGregor, Davis and Defoe are all terrific examples to our younger players.

Now my favourits Rangers players ever for various reaaons.

Grreat to see him.make it to 300. The only thing that saddens me is if 2012 had not happened, how many appearances would he have?

I know he left in 2012 but was very much different to Naismith and co. He has been outstanding for us whenever he’s the shirt!

In short Steven Davis is a certain for the hall of fame. As will be Allan McGregor.

Although it became the Pena piss take I still feel we can say it.

Steven Davis is a Rolls Royce of a footballer.

Purrs along, dictating the pace of the game..absolute quality and reads the game superbly.

What a fantastic player Steven has been, both for Rangers and his country, a true professional and possibly the ultimate role model for any aspiring footballer from NI or Scotland.
One of my favourite Rangers related photographs is the picture of Steven receiving his MBE, a fabulous photo.

I am not so sure if he hadn't left in 2012 he would still be here but you can never tell.

I think that spell down South improved him as a player even further than first time around.

Hopefully another couple of seasons in him yet to try and get to the 350 mark

Love the wee ulster man. Never any less than 100% fae our stevie, this season amazed the unselfishness from him. One of my all time great Rangers players.

I love him.

If it wasn't for Tav's astonishing stats he'd be my POTY so far.

I was screaming out for a midfield enforcer last season but his on-field leadership by using his nous, composure and taking responsibility has played a huge part in our form this season.
Agree with this. He's been consistently the best player in the league this season, except Tav.

Back