Steven Davis needs to start.

archimedes

Needs to play from now on IMO in place of Jack.

We have Lundstram in the midfield to do the dirty work that we needed Jack for previously, Davis brings a composure to the midfield that Jack doesn't.

Jack also looks unfit and slow at the moment, Davis, even at 37, looks sharper.

Always available for a pass to get our defense out of trouble (which has been a big problem recently), always composed on the ball.

If Ramsey is fit, I'd have a midfield trio of Davis, Lundstram and Ramsey against Leipzig.

I think jack has a niggle and same with balogun, they both look ‘leggy’ at times.

Don’t think Davis covers tav as well as jack does but he’s still got it.

For squad continuity, I wouldn’t be against him and arfield having a 1 yr deal.

We have Lundstram in the midfield to do the dirty work that we needed Jack for previously, Davis brings a composure to the midfield that Jack doesn't.

Always available for a pass to get our defense out of trouble (which has been a big problem recently), always composed on the ball.

If Ramsey is fit, I'd have a midfield trio of Davis, Lundstram and Ramsey against Leipzig.
I think Ramsey is finished with us.

In the european matches Jack and Lundstram has worked really well, Jack does a lot of the dirty work and allows our full backs to attack

I would be starting Davis domestically

That just isn’t the position that Davis plays, his place is currently occupied by Lundstram. If Jack needs rested than it would be Kamara to come in.

Jack has played quite a lot of football since coming back from injury, to be fair Gio has tried to manage him - the break will do him wonders.

Davis had his best game of the season yesterday, hopefully gets some game time and then gets a good sending off with another trophy or two.

Anyway, Davis would be the playmaker, but that’s what Lundstram does and dare I say, does it better these days.

In the european matches Jack and Lundstram has worked really well, Jack does a lot of the dirty work and allows our full backs to attack

I would be starting Davis domestically
^ This for me also, both players have had issues with fitness so rotating them would make a lot of sense.

Davis is useful coming in the last 30 of games when Jack tires, I have absolutely no issue with that happening for the rest of the season. Not a starter for me.

Yesterday’s outfield 10 but with Morelos in for Roofe is our best team.

Davis absolutely bossed the game yesterday when he came on. His passing was immaculate and his effort and running was a suprise given lack of playing time.

The gaffer got it right, it was an intense battle in midfield, Jack and Scouse John won that battle.

When the game was a bit less intense due to fatigue, we brought on our "ballers" in Davis and Kamara, they then kept the ball for fun,

Look at the winning goal, (i think it has gone a bit unnoticed) we had a free kick in our half, Kamara is over the ball, the easy pass is to go sideways but he didn't take that one. He played a risky ball tight between two Celtic players to Davis, who turned and played in Kent, It was great by Kamara and got us on the front foot, with them chasing us back towards there own goal.

They have different roles, Jack basically played as a RB against Braga.

Both have a part to play for the rest of the season.
Correct. The cover Jack gave against Braga was unreal. I’d like to see a heat map, as you say he spent the majority of time he ended up in the RB slot as Tav bombed on.

There is absolutely no need for Jack and Lunstram both playing in the SPFL though. Davis should start those games.

No match in midweek will do Jack the world of good. Davis is a great option coming off the bench for 20/30 minutes at this stage.
Davis was outstanding yesterday, helped us regain control of the midfield and was involved in everything. With Ramsey out he will be starting a few games between now and end of season

Don’t agree I thought Jack had an excellent game yesterday.

Davis was outstanding yesterday, helped us regain control of the midfield and was involved in everything. With Ramsey out he will be starting a few games between now and end of season
Davis is a class act - IMO the trouble is he is brilliant at dictating the game further back in midfield (so we can end up with an overlap between him, John L and Jack) - would be interested in seeing if one of them can play a bit further forward

I agree with all of the above regarding Davis. He is cool, cultured and in control and he STANDS ON THE POST when we concede a corner.

Davis has played small parts in games. Its why he looks fresher. He doesnt have the legs anymore to cover a heavy shift in midfield and doesnt have the dig for defensive duties.

Play him against Motherwell, rest Jack.

Hopefully play a fit Jack, Lundstram and Ramsey (if fit) against Leipzig.

Back