Steven Davis signs new contract

Excellent news just Defoe to go in January get some 6 or 7 players who aren't getting into the squad out the door and bring in 2-3 players of real quality in January and allow some of our young players into matchday squads

"I sat down with Big Thurso, listened, and that was all the encouragement I needed to put pen to paper".

Davis - December 2019. Probably.

Great news - even if we sort of expected it-

Yer Man truly is a quality, class act worthy of any extended contract

Welcome on board (again) Stevie - let's hope your winners medal cabinet needs expanding soon

I think Alfie and Ryan Jack might have something to say about that.
Quite possibly, but I love there is now a genuine debate as to who our best player is rather than who is the least shit!

A very sensible move for both parties, definitely a no brainer.

Last edited:
I love Steven Davis. A simply terrific wee player. Hoping he gets fit enough to be back involved very soon. He’s a huge loss to the team.

I’d go as far as to say if Davis had played the last two games, we’d have won both.

I think he’s that important to us, even at 34 years of age.

Don't get the one year deal, he's been on fantastic form this season and still has the fitness, why not a two year deal ? Davis has another good 3 or 4 years left in him.

Don't get the one year deal, he's been on fantastic form this season and still has the fitness, why not a two year deal ? Davis has another good 3 or 4 years left in him.
Handing two year + deals to over 32 year old outfield players is risky business. What if they get a long term injury and we are sitting there with a player who almost certainly won’t return the same player and big wages?

Handing two year + deals to over 32 year old outfield players is risky business. What if they get a long term injury and we are sitting there with a player who almost certainly won’t return the same player and big wages?
Any player regardless of age can get a bad injury, older players tend to look after themselves better nowadays, yes you can look at Mols and Negri who were on fire before injury and both were never the same players afterwards and both of them were younger than Davis.

Davie Weir played into his 40's and didn't look out of place.

What Davis gives us had been missing for years in our midfield, I also think he is far more consistent than his first stint at Rangers which could be put down to better fitness in the English premiership along with playing against better quality players along with him matuting into a fantastic player over the last few years.

I would have liked to see him get a two year deal as he's a very important player in the team, thinks and does well on the pitch, reads the game superbly and his fitness is very good.

Just an admirer of a very good player .

Excellent news just Defoe to go in January get some 6 or 7 players who aren't getting into the squad out the door and bring in 2-3 players of real quality in January and allow some of our young players into matchday squads
Defoe is on an 18 month loan contract so he is in a different situation. It will probably be the summer before he gets a new contract. Unless he signs a pre-contract but I don't really see the value in that. Unless of course we buy his contract with Bournemouth out or they release him. Buying out his contract would be a waste of money as we have him to the summer anyway.

Defoe is on an 18 month loan contract so he is in a different situation. It will probably be the summer before he gets a new contract. Unless he signs a pre-contract but I don't really see the value in that. Unless of course we buy his contract with Bournemouth out or they release him. Buying out his contract would be a waste of money as we have him to the summer anyway.
Pre contract will likely be agreed in January imo

I'm not sure Stevie hasn't ever received the credit he should get, overall, in terms of his career;. he is a top top player, and his impact on our midfield has been incredible. He has also previously more than held his own in one the best leagues in the world.

Back