Steven Davis Tonight

Tremendous performance from the conductor of our orchestra! What a time to score his first fantastic goal since his return!

Has matured into a very fine player who uses his experience to dictate the pace of games particularly in Europe loved him when we last had him but has came back a better player . Sure he can keep the standard up for another couple of seasons , happy days

Great finish. Credit to Kent’s to for picking him out

edit: I was half cut and Morelos played the ball in - not sure what part I was thinking of:D:D

Last edited:
We climbed and fought our way back into the game.

(I think we/most of us thought, that after the away leg, this was a skoosh case. It wasn't!)

Hopefully the last couple of ties and the willingness to fight for the cause is our motto.

The next few weeks, home and abroad, are going to test our mettle and resolve.

This is where a squad, (possibly meagre by past standards) will shine.

I can't say we were ever totally outclassed tonight, but there will be times going forward when our control, or lack of, will make the difference.

The Rolls Royce of a player who keeps the team ticking along
When I see players like Davies in our team it fills my heart with joy to think how far we have come
I was at Brechin when the ball was up in the hedges
They laughed but we stood proud and strong
Look at us now
Are you all still laughing
Feel the wrath because it's coming your way big time
WATP

The Rolls Royce of a player who keeps the team ticking along
When I see players like Davies in our team it fills my heart with joy to think how far we have come
I was at Brechin when the ball was up in the hedges
They laughed but we stood proud and strong
Look at us now
Are you all still laughing
Feel the wrath because it's coming your way big time
WAT
Mendez tonight called him the boss of our side, one very good midfielder recognising the quality in another.

Immense. No other word describes the wee man. The very epitome of what every Rangers player should aspire to.

Great to see Steven score and put in another tremendous performance and prove so many ffers who questioned us resigning him wrong again well done Steven

So pleased for Davis he gets his goal on his 250th appearance what an outstanding player he is he deserved that goal I’m so chuffed for him.

Someone coined Ulster’s Pirlo on here a while back.

He’s our catalyst.

The amount of ground he covers without looking like he’s running is an art form.

Such an intelligent player, but the thing that really, really stands out for me is that he’s not the only one.

We carry threat from everywhere.

Whenever Davis gets around to writing his autobiography - as I hope he will - IMO that photograph at the top should be the book cover - sums him up really.

I posted in a previous thread about Stevie that after a month or 2 I thought we'd made a big mistake bringing him back, I thought his best days were long gone. Never been as happy to have been as way off the mark as i most certainly was!

He is 1 of the 2 best midfielders in the country (along with Jacko:)):)):))) by a long way.

Back