Steven Davis

Loving your in depth analysis, you say so much and yet say so little.

A bit like Davis I suppose, does a lot but achieves nothing. Keeps a promising midfielder on the bench, and denies another first team experience.

But you know that. That's why you communicate in CAPITAL LETTERS?

He’s looked a bit like a hand break on our play this past week, it’s great when it’s play that’s knitting things together and tidy around the box but given the games really moving to transition and turnover he’s just not capable of breaking at a pace to get ahead of the ball and give us the numbers needed when that happen.

that break and pass to Kamara was horrendous

As sad as it is he is getting on and asking him to play every game isn't on or fair but the Jack injury's has probably has forced this he deserves a rest he has been and is a great servant to our club.

Unfortunately if we dropped all the players who haven’t performed to their ability this season then we would only have a team of 2 or 3.

Thought today was an obvious time to start Lundstram, he was the best of the 3 on Thursday and Davis looked like he needed a rest
Same , it’s these kind of decisions from SG that’s affecting the team at the moment, ie all over the place.

Loving your in depth analysis, you say so much and yet say so little.

A bit like Davis I suppose, does a lot but achieves nothing. Keeps a promising midfielder on the bench, and denies another first team experience.

But you know that. That's why you communicate in CAPITAL LETTERS?

Not even gonna respond to that.

Davis' lack of pace means that others need to cover more of the midfield. He still has a great footballing brain and should have a good range of passing, but his movement is poor and he has to sit really deep or be pushed really far forward because he can't cover the ground. To get the best of Davis these days you really need to have 2 mobile midfielders beside him who'll cover the distance on the pitch for him.

Which Rangers dont really have right now with Ryan Jack missing.

He can't play as often as he's being asked to and it's clearly having a very negative impact on his contribution in games.

I have no idea what some people see.

Lack of pace? He still gets about the pitch excellent.

Today he had an ok game however his poor shooting ability highlighted a negative element. Alot we did well in that first half started with Davo.

As always, on over reaction to a poor result.

I am certain that we are not far away at all. We have yet to have a settled team/squad with poor pre season / covid issues. We are still top of the league. I've decided to focus on that first half today as a means to move forward from here. We aren't out of first gear but we will be.

Love Davis

Looks abit burnt out at the minute

Think its time to call the international scene a day now though. If he wants to play in big game for us domestically or Europe he can't be doing it for NI too

Up until a couple of weeks ago we had countless threads on here raving about Davis' performances and how lucky we are to have him etc.

Couple of average (or poor by his own high standards) games and we have people saying he's been crap all season and he's done.

Catch a grip..

I've suspected since the start of the season Davis may be a big part of the problems we are having although not saying he's to blame.

90% of our play goes through him, he's picking the ball up 2 yards from CB's, then offloading short, then getting it back then offloading short and so on. He rarely pings a through ball that causes the opposition trouble and even more rarely beats a man and as for his shooting from 20 yards ? shocking,

Are the team being lazy or passing the buck by giving it to him so much ? is he demanding that everything goes through him ? he must get 3/4 times more touches than anyone else and is that by design or have we fallen into this ?
One thing for sure is we are so slow from back to front that we are not creating a decent amount of chances and are playing in front of the opposing box with 10 men behind the ball.

Last edited:
Played 37 out of our last 39 games.

He needs rested. Not dropped. We're running him into the ground.

Back