Steven Davis

The obsession for davis is weird on this thread IMO. Give me a 6”3 box to box midfielder over him and day of the week. Hopefully a midfielder that can actually shoot or turn on the ball and go by someone, create space, get a shot off.

Weird post mate. Height is neither here nor there.

The obsession for davis is weird on this thread IMO. Give me a 6”3 box to box midfielder over him and day of the week. Hopefully a midfielder that can actually shoot or turn on the ball and go by someone, create space, get a shot off.
Where we getting the money for a player like this??

Great.... Just what we needed. He was used a lot by managers before Hughes. Good chance their new manager with a more passing style while take to him.

We need a player like that. Crisp one touch passing football. Arfield is good but that's not his game. Needs someone like that beside him with an anchor alongside.

Genetics?

Genetics?
oh8cbt.jpg

;)

Do they need to be 6”3 ?

I hope he stays, we need someone I agree but not a 33 yr old who has barely played in the last few months. If the option for a loan till the summer came up then perhaps but not anything longer

Davis is required to frank. Our midfield is the problem currently and it's clear as day to me personally. We have strength in depth up front on the flanks maybe not so much with the Lafferty option compared to Morelos but it's still much better than our midfield options. We are sorely lacking a Davis type. People looked for problems in the defence previously and now tonight after an awful performance which Morelos reacted needlessly to we're now looking at him, it's obvious there's work there to be done and these problems are stemming from the midfield.

It's the midfield lads. The guys who are there are doing their best but we need a unit or two in there. Davis in January is a safe bet.

Good test of Gerrards man management which effectively saved Alfie, he's done superb with him this season but make no mistake the wee man made a lady's front bottom of Gerrard the night but I personally felt the team is suffering in general due to a lacklustre midfield and Alfredo is probably frustrated. I know I was.

Davis is required to frank. Our midfield is the problem currently and it's clear as day to me personally. We have strength in depth up front on the flanks maybe not so much with the Lafferty option compared to Morelos but it's still much better than our midfield options. We are sorely lacking a Davis type. People looked for problems in the defence previously and now tonight after an awful performance which Morelos reacted needlessly to we're now looking at him, it's obvious there's work there to be done and these problems are stemming from the midfield.

It's the midfield lads. The guys who are there are doing their best but we need a unit or two in there. Davis in January is a safe bet.

Good test of Gerrards man management which effectively saved Alfie, he's done superb with him this season but make no mistake the wee man made a lady's front bottom of Gerrard the night but I personally felt the team is suffering in general due to a lacklustre midfield and Alfredo is probably frustrated. I know I was.
When you say "we are sorely lacking in a Davis type" what exactly do you mean ? What is a Davis type ?

For me we need someone comfortable to drive at teams through the middle with the ball and get beyond the striker without it as well as having a decent shot from outside the area, someone who has both goals and assists in his locker.

A quick look at his stats at Southampton shows in 225 game he's only scored 14 and set up 25 - that's in 6 years, so roughly 2 goals and 6 assists a season. I would say that while stats don't tell the whole story it's neither clear as day nor a safe bet he would make the difference we need.

I can’t see Hasenhüttl giving him tonnes of game time, I’m not convinced at 33 that Davis will have the legs for his constant heavy - and utterly mental - pressing game.

It’s not dead in the water yet if we’re interested.

He was.

He isn't now
I disagree. He is miles better than Ejaria,Coulibally etc in that midfield. As anyone who watches NI will tell you. Might be 33, hasn’t played a lot of club football etc but imo if a 6 month loan came up in January we’d have to take it. He’s a massive upgrade on our midfield at the moment.

I disagree. He is miles better than Ejaria,Coulibally etc in that midfield. As anyone who watches NI will tell you. Might be 33, hasn’t played a lot of club football etc but imo if a 6 month loan came up in January we’d have to take it. He’s a massive upgrade on our midfield at the moment.

McAuley is still playing first choice for them so I don't really see that as a positive that he is playing with NI to be honest.

McAuley is still playing first choice for them so I don't really see that as a positive that he is playing with NI to be honest.
He carries the NI team from midfield to be honest. Touch of class on the ball and drives the team on. Even at 33 McAuley isn’t first choice anymore. He’s a far better player than any midfielder we currently have. Obviously not a long term choice though.

Davis is exactly the midfielder we need in that team. I remember when we signed him, he made Ferguson look average almost immediately in every match he played. He still has it and even if we get three seasons out of him then it is a no brainier. I don’t see another loan kid firing us to the title. We need a player like Davis.

Watch the highlights again, watch lewis ferguson boss all out players. Tell me height doesnt matter.

Was not keen on this when this was first mentioned,but if anybody watched him playing for NI the other week it would be a no brainer,best man on the park,drove the team forward and actually plays the ball forward the majority off times.

Not sure what you mean here, McAuley competes for a place in the NI team with two quality EPL centre backs Cathcart and Evans. He’s still involved because he’s been outstanding at that level and has still has something to offer, not because there are no other options.

Weird aye ? jesus christ he would be by far our best midfielder, him and Arfield would be a great mix with another creative mid in there for certain games.

That
That’s ok if you’ve got a spare 10mil and 50k a week! Sadly we get who we can afford. Taking a gamble on young loan players is a risk but reality until we produce our own.

Davis was and still is miles better than any midfielder currently on our books so if he was available and up for it then go for it although i do very much doubt it i think most likely he will collect another 6 months worth of EPL wages before possibly moving in the summer .

Anyone that doesn't think Steven Davis improves our midfield straight away should consider another sport.
He'd improve the midfield but would he improve it enough?

My concern over Davies first time round was his heart and ability to take a game by the scruff of the neck.

We don't have enough big characters as well as being low on quality.

That

That’s ok if you’ve got a spare 10mil and 50k a week! Sadly we get who we can afford. Taking a gamble on young loan players is a risk but reality until we produce our own.
See ntcham, christie, rogic, 10 million?

Weird aye ? jesus christ he would be by far our best midfielder, him and Arfield would be a great mix with another creative mid in there for certain games.
Too slow and old for me sorry, see whats happened to the kiddy fiddlers now browns out the fold slowing everything down.

See ntcham, christie, rogic, 10 million?
Seville calculator = 20 million a piece

They wouldn’t sell ntcham it rogic for less than 10. The other 1, if he continues his current form he’ll be the same - in the eyes of the peados.

What's weirder is that you can't see that we are crying out for some creativity and someone whose ball retention is one of their main assets.

We have too many CM's who are scared to influence the game in the final third, and even the basics of controlling a ball and dictating tempo of a game.

Loan for 6 month should be a priority if at all possible.

Can i see Gerrard dropping Ejaria for him though? Not so sure.

Dont really get the love in there.

Seville calculator = 20 million a piece

They wouldn’t sell ntcham it rogic for less than 10. The other 1, if he continues his current form he’ll be the same - in the eyes of the peados.
Not what they bought them for but.

Too slow and old for me sorry, see whats happened to the kiddy fiddlers now browns out the fold slowing everything down.
Im not expecting Davis to be an all action midfielder but he has quality on the ball and will bring a calmness and control to the midfield, it wont solve our creative issues but if you had him and Arfield with one other it would be a decent start.

Ahhhh!! Was about to offer my services there but I’m only 6ft 2”. I’m oot.

Back