Steven Davis

Surely Davis just replaces Dorrans in the squad?

Seems obvious.

Doesn’t mean we still don’t need other midfield types.

You hoped posters would be singled out as tits, nullifies all your contradictory posts since and the one I'm quoting.

Only you is outraged, I'm typing with sympathetic tones to you.

"A nothing know it all" you say. No, I've called 4 ex players correctly, end of.

As for the correct spelling of a cartoon catholic, you're some guy. :)

Singled out as tits, OK. As I said, a tongue in cheek comment. I made a small 'If we get him I hope he comes good and proves yous wrong' type comment and it seems to have really pushed a button with you.

You've continually twisted my comments or totally made stuff up (I have a rager for Davis).

It's like banging my head against a brick wall with you. I would say you know what you're doing, but I'm not sure you do. Good luck with your next prediction I hope you can make it 5 out of 5. Your pal will be dead proud.

We now seem to be going round in circles, and for that reason, I'm out.

And thanks, I am some guy ;)

Singled out as tits, OK. As I said, a tongue in cheek comment. I made a small 'If we get him I hope he comes good and proves yous wrong' type comment and it seems to have really pushed a button with you.

You've continually twisted my comments or totally made stuff up (I have a rager for Davis).

It's like banging my head against a brick wall with you. I would say you know what you're doing, but I'm not sure you do. Good luck with your next prediction I hope you can make it 5 out of 5. Your pal will be dead proud.

We now seem to be going round in circles, and for that reason, I'm out.

And thanks, I am some guy ;)

Admin have banned posters for calling us less than tits.

You who waded into this thread and because you know nothing, accuse me of being a know all.

Compared to your posts, I look like like a fu(kin genius.

Cheers. :cool:

Agree with you, but think we need both class & legs.

I know what you are saying, I feel we have a lot of energy in there and we are missing someone who will move cleverly, not just move a lot.

We have been missing someone to unlock these packed defences with a wee bit of class. Davis might not be one for the future but he could be a great option for certain games.

Admin have banned posters for calling us less than tits.

You who waded into this thread and because you know nothing, accuse me of being a know all.

Compared to your posts, I look like like a fu(kin genius.

Cheers. :cool:

Hahaha, are you for real!?

Nope! I'm not getting involved again.

Really sorry to all the posters I called a tit. Sorry guys!

Hahaha, are you for real!?

Nope! I'm not getting involved again.

Really sorry to all the posters I called a tit. Sorry guys!

You're clearly not for real.

You said you were 'coming out' of the thread, does your word count for anything, anywhere?

Precisely.

It’s the same story we saw with Lafferty and Naismith - the frenzied desire by some to bring back players from the past based mainly on a memory of how they used to be for us . . . in the past.

I do agree that Davis is the type of player we lack - someone that can put their foot on the ball and direct play from the middle of the park - and if he’d been available on a loan until the summer with view to buy should all parties agree, great, but are we unable to locate a similar type of player elsewhere? A younger player perhaps?

This is supposed to be why we have a DoF.

That player was supposed to be Ejaria, Dorrans, Arfield, one of the other half dozen central midfielders on the books? But we are still crying out for this player, none of them come close.

Getting someone else who looks the part on paper with potential and ability like Ejaria / Coulibaly might be easy enough - getting a player with a proven track record at a club with our stature and demands of doing what we need done on the park - might be a different story.

His ties to the club are the only reason a player of his quality might take a big pay cut to come here at this stage.

You're clearly not for real.

You said you were 'coming out' of the thread, does your word count for anything, anywhere?

Obviously not as much as yours Mr 3 out of 3.

Is it 3? Remind us again, how many predictions have you had right?

Nah, I'm out, as in, not going round in circles trying to explain myself to a breeze block.

Obviously not as much as yours Mr 3 out of 3.

Is it 3? Remind us again, how many predictions have you had right?

Nah, I'm out, as in, not going round in circles trying to explain myself to a breeze block.

From tits to breeze block? :confused:

You were asked no questions in the following post after saying you were out the thread yet still came back into it.

You're going round in your own circles, coming back into the thread just to fire another pathetic insult.

That's 3 times you were leaving.

Are you a Walton and needs loads of goodbye's to piss off?

I know what you are saying, I feel we have a lot of energy in there and we are missing someone who will move cleverly, not just move a lot.

We have been missing someone to unlock these packed defences with a wee bit of class. Davis might not be one for the future but he could be a great option for certain games.

I do agree with you, I just think we need two players :D

My point is that you would have 5 midfielders in our squad with a combined age over 155.

Why must it be Davis for you, from all the players out there?

Our signing policy isn't worth a fu(k if we sign him.

Jelavic is available in January and only 33, can we add him too as we lack a bit of experience up front?

A whole world of players and some of our support want to go back in time.
I’m not saying it must be Davis im saying as a option for on loan for 6 months with option to buy it’s a no brainer.
And your irrelevant point about jelavic is that Davis still plays at a very good level and he doesn’t and if you watched him recently for Northern Ireland you will see that he is still a fit as he’s ever been?
Your making out like 33 is a oap.

I'm away to watch another sport as not wanting Davis (nice guy etc.) means I know nothing about the game. :confused::)

giphy.gif

Of all the players out there, aye he's the one we should be looking at. o_O

I want us signing younger, hungrier and more dynamic.

Steven Davis would command a minimum million a year in wages so for a year and a half, that would be £2 million (signing on fee and bonuses) for a fella who will leave for nothing/retire maybe in 2020 at the age of 35.

For £2 million and given the players our manager has signed for less, we could actually sign a player who would make us our money back and a profit.

This is the road we should be on.

Fair enough, who do you have I need mind?

I fear the boat has sailed with Davis, not because of his age or ability but the fact he started last night, and I am sure the new manager at Southampton will see his qualities and want him around

Davis couldn’t get a sniff for months, new manager then he plays the full 90mins. Most people realise he’s a talent, if he was English he’d be in the international set up.

Not sure what Hughes idea was but it obviously didn’t work and he’s been sacked.

Davis would have been a quality signing. He's still an EPL quality midfielder and if we could have tempted him back 100% we should.

But now that idiot Hughes is gone I've a feeling he'll play a lot more, probably ruling us out.

The obsession for davis is weird on this thread IMO. Give me a 6”3 box to box midfielder over him and day of the week. Hopefully a midfielder that can actually shoot or turn on the ball and go by someone, create space, get a shot off.
Don't listen to all the haters.

If a big strong man is what's needed to get you excited then don't let anyone tell you otherwise :p

Back