Steven Davis's fitness levels

...and loyal too , would never walk out on us in our hour of need.
He ensured Southampton paid us money for him when he really didn't have to. As Allan Mcgregor has said, some day we will know the truth of what exactly was going on in those dark days. Steven Davis made the correct decision to leave but personally made sure Rangers were compensated even though that money would then be stolen from us

Just finished watching last night's game again. Davis looked like the freshest player on the park towards the end from those that started the match. Bombing up and down the park.

I genuinely believe he's better than he was in his first stint. I always thought he hid and played it safe far to often before but hes incredible this time round. Tackling, pressing, always wanting the ball. Him and Jack are easily the best centre mids in the league for me

Had reservations about signing him...however, after an initial slow start , ironically due to lack of fitness, he has been brilliant.
Better this time around imho

His fitness levels have been absolutely unbelievable - he's kept himself in great shape and is such and important and classy player for us. Delighted we brought him back and signed him on.

I think we’d have won the league if we persevered with Davis from January kept him in the team and got him match by February instead of April.

I think a couple of our ex players have said Davis was the best footballer they've played with. It might've been in the Si Ferry interviews, one of them said Davis was the best and another said he was the best after Barry Ferguson.

The FF Peps told us all he was done and his legs were gone based on his age and nothing else. The guys who had watched him recently for NI before signing for us knew he would be a superb addition and he still 'had it'.

A fantastic player and professional. Probably in my top 5 Rangers of my lifetime. Most certainly if he plays a part in us winning 55.

Ah but that was just because he was from NI

Defoe calls him the little wizard.

He's fit as a fiddle.

Does he take a drink?

Just finished watching last night's game again. Davis looked like the freshest player on the park towards the end from those that started the match. Bombing up and down the park.
Players of his caliber not only have good legs, but know how to use them too

His game is mostly played in a small area in the middle of the pitch.

Davis uses his intelligence to pick and choose the moments when he will expend energy.

Top Quality player.

His passing at times was all over the place.

That suggests tired

He’s one of the best midfielders in Europe.

Over the top.

The best midfielders in Europe have to be able/willing to have a dig, Davis looks like he’d rather do anything other than take a pop from 20 yards.

Other than that, no complaints.

Back