Steven Gerrard 25/1 to 8/1 for rangers manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely absurd. Appointing a guy who’s never managed at any decent level ever, that’s showing intent? Yeah if we’re intending to give up 10 in a row.

It would be a colossal gamble and I’d think that’s the last thing we need at this stage. He’s shown NOTHING in senior management, Yeah we wanted a big name, but we also want a big name he’s actually shown he can cut it in senior management. I can only assume it’s attractive to you as a Liverpool fan, because it sure as hell isnt based on any evidence he’s shown in a management capacity.

I’d imagine if Ronaldo turned round tomorrow and decided he fancied a crack at management you guys would be all for it. Mental.
If this appointment is remotely possible your problem is easily sorted put experience beside him if that's what's required. He's proved he can handle pressure of the demands of a big club he's also showed he has leadership qualities as captain of Liverpool leading them to various successes. When we first appointed Walter he had no experience of being a manager and he turned out to do very well although under different financial circumstances. An experienced big name manager is probably out of our price range therefore I believe Gerrard would be a risk worth taking.

Wouldn't be to unhappy if it was him with a professional back room staff,but doubt he would be unwilling to uproot his family,is his young kids not at private school and his wife has her own business.
So if he did come it would be anotherh Warburton situation where he would be doing a lot of commuting,never ideal.

I know the bookies are usually pish when it comes to managerial betting and this is probably no exception, but 25/1 into 1/2 on with Skybet looks pretty major

It’s not the betting I’m looking at . It’s possible the board have decided to throw the dice here , and with the dearth of managers available who would take the job, think someone like Gerard obviously with an experienced assistant and backed by Allen , might turn things around .

Would be a very interesting choice .

I must admit I’m buzzing at the thought of Gerrard as our manager we need a big name get an experienced back room staff to help him

Can't see it but it's football we are talking about here so couldn't 100% write it off.

Big name but massive risk, could be a Souness or our John Barnes.

I must admit I’m buzzing at the thought of Gerrard as our manager we need a big name get an experienced back room staff to help him

Would be a massive coup if we were to get him and would instantly raise our profile , but yes it would be a massive gamble but with the right assistant and back room team I would be majorly excited with the season ahead

Those on here that fancy yet another punt as a manager are off your fkn rockers. He could be our Souness but equally he could be Ally. We need a manager and you need your heads looked at ;)

Not that anyone give a toss what I think and I do have to be careful on here as to what I say about managers but it’s a no from me, we need an experienced manager. We are a shambles and have little or no money to lander to their wishes.

no managerial experience, no experience of scottish football and not a lot of money to spend on players....hhmmm that would work out well.

Dave king at anfield tonight sitting beside kenny dalgleish. I can post picture if anyone tells me how

Dave king at anfield tonight sitting beside kenny dalgleish. I can post picture if anyone tells me how
He was at the masters and I can’t see Bubba Watson getting it either. Actually unless he was there for this, why not at our semi final, though in retrospect we all probably wished we made the same choice,

Ex Liverpool player...our manager..

Where have I heard that before?

Risky but what the hell...probably only Wattie would stop 10iar and he's not an option....at least he won't do grandstands and look as if he's gonna burst oot greeting FFS

Loved Gerrard as a player but he really shouldn't be getting the job unless for whatever reason all the other candidates turned the job down

I know the bookies are usually pish when it comes to managerial betting and this is probably no exception, but 25/1 into 1/2 on with Skybet looks pretty major

The manager markets move via small money that’s a fact but what also is a fact is that more often than not the next manager will be favourite with the bookies prior to announcement all be it at times for a short period.

34rsoeo.png

Think we can treat bookies odds as pointless

However, would be a ridiculous appointment if we go for Stevie G as our next manager / Head coach, absolutely nothing to show he can coach at a high level, not an experiment we should be entertaining at this stage

Surely not. An enormous gamble.

Although it would be funny to beat Rodgers with a team managed by his former captain who cost him the league by falling on his bum!

Is it really worth it? I was trying to be mildly humorous and failing.. And we all know about explained jokes.

See Rossiter and Gerard are Scouse so must be best mates. Funny assumption. Right?
Rossiter is always injured so is always on the treatment table getting fixed.

Bookies odds move so much for so little. So a small fraction of his wage.
"Earned" during a few minutes lying on a massage chair could have led to the dramatic price drift for his besty getting the job.
Now we can all giggle and move on.
Or probably not.
I'll put myself on a 7 day humour ban until I read up on it and see if I can master it. And if the next attempt is just as bad feel free to pull me up Mr Goudie and I'll immediately make it a month next time.
Is that fair?

P.s 2 degrees and 4 certs? So you have a really good memory. Well done bud. At least that will work out for us all when I next fail to be funny. You won't forget to pull me up.

I often impose a ban on myself as well mate, hence me not being on FF for a few days. ;)

However, I must commend you sir on one of the most interesting and erudite 'put downs' I've ever encountered, and I've had my fair share of them.

:)

Sorry for letting letting it go right over my head mate and thanks for the excellent response lol.

Please god no.

At least Rossiter would be able to learn from the best person for him, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back